Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

American Health Care Act: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

A foreign comedian knows about American health care?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A foreign comedian who lives in America and does his research knows about American Health Care...Yes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Is there a written summary so I don't need to endure this horrendous video

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Republican health care plan is a dumpster fire next to a gas station.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not like the new plan from the little I have heard about it. But one thing to keep in mind is, this is suppose be part one of other parts. Which of itself I do not like. :P The real answer to health care in the US is something they do not have the balls to do. Government control of drug and medical costs. And a Universal Health care system like Germany has. But even if this new plan sucks, so does Obamacare and they need to come up with something even if it is only slightly better.

To sum it up a bit.

The Poor/Middle Class get fucked and the 0.1% get a massive tax cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To sum it up a bit.

The Poor/Middle Class get fucked and the 0.1% get a massive tax cut.
    A tax cut, not a massive one. The graph about tax cuts is slightly misleading. Of course the value of the tax cut in dollars will be higher for the top 0.1% than the top 1% - since they earn more and therefor pay more tax. The percentage of tax that is being cut is probably around the same for the 1% and 0.1%.
    I know that wasn't the point but I just felt like that needed pointing out :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A foreign comedian who lives in America and does his research knows about American Health Care...Yes.
    Hubcap isn't capable of much thought unfortunately. All he sees is "FOREIGNER!"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A foreign student from across the world can know more about american history and policy, if he studies and keeps informed.
    Being born in a given country does not give you instant knowledge about that country, you need to learn and/or get informed.
    And sometimes, being to close to the tree, you don't see the forest.

The stupidity of this post is simply amazing!! Not sure if trolling though ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    A foreign student from across the world can know more about american history and policy, if he studies and keeps informed.
    Being born in a given country does not give you instant knowledge about that country, you need to learn and/or get informed.
    And sometimes, being to close to the tree, you don't see the forest.
    And yet we're talking about John Oliver, who left the UK because he was a shit comedian and nobody liked his Holier than thou ideas there

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    And yet we're talking about John Oliver, who left the UK because he was a shit comedian and nobody liked his Holier than thou ideas there
    Ya that's totally why he left the UK.

Can you not comment about the topic at hand or would you rather throw insults at a person u clearly don't know.

What in his video did he say that was wrong?

Or here, he makes some decent points in most of his videos but it's just like most of the others like Stewart or Meadows or Tomi, 25% is correct, the rest is picking on very particular things to spout off about which takes away from the whole. Which is fine, you people eat it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Foreign comedian, living in the US for nearly 10 years.. (enables for citizenship)
    married to a US Military veteran (enables for citizenship)
    parent of a US born child (enables for citizenship)

He's a resident alien... Makes him just as legal as you.
    Probably knows more about the matter than you, me, or anyone in this thread ever will...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Or here, he makes some decent points in most of his videos but it's just like most of the others like Stewart or Meadows or Tomi, 25% is correct, the rest is picking on very particular things to spout off about which takes away from the whole. Which is fine, you people eat it up.
    What do you mean, "you people"?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Failing that, for those who muster the endurance but live outside the US, a mirror?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's a comedian anyway, not a politician, he is going to exaggerate or spin whatever topic he is on to make it funny. It supposed to make you think, to make you question your leader, not really been taken as gospel.

I just dislike when people, american or otherwise, assume they have superior knowledge by simple virtue of being born in a given country. I like to see some humility.

On topic, i think a social policy like healthcare should focus on protecting the vulnerable population, that is the poor, the sick, and the old. Giving absurd tax cut for the wealthy simply makes no sense to me, it just sound like the old European monarchy, where the serfs pay the taxes while the nobles didn't.

The only chart about the ACA you ever needed was this one:

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    What do you mean, "you people"?
    Dammit you beat me to it.