Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendaries in 7.2

In an upcoming PTR patch, you will see adjustments to a number of legendary items. These changes can be categorized into:

Added throughput effects to legendaries with non-throughput bonuses, or only occasional throughput benefits.
    Example: Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess (Balance Druid boots that grant a utility healing effect via casting Lunar Strike/Solar Wrath), will now also increase the damage of Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath by 8%.

Added extra secondary stats to non-throughput legendaries where that makes more sense than to add throughput to the legendary effect itself.
    Example: Belo'vir's Final Stand (Mage chest that causes Blink to grant an absorb shield) now have an extra 3rd secondary stat. We don’t want to turn Blink into a rotational DPS button, so instead of adding an effect like “Blink also increases your damage dealt by X% for Y sec”, we’re adding an extra ~650 secondary stats to the item.

Improvements to legendaries whose design isn’t working well in gameplay.
    This has been and will continue to be an ongoing effort, and we’ll be making such changes as time goes on, including after Patch 7.2.

Numbers tuning to bring the throughput benefits of other legendaries more in line with each other.
    This has been and will also continue to be an ongoing effort.

Legendaries have different use cases and we want their power level to be tuned with that in mind. Universal throughput legendaries - legendaries that increase output in most situations - should be good but not always the best in every situation. Situational throughput legendaries – legendaries that perform very well in the right situation - should be better than universal throughput legendaries in those situations, but then aren’t ideal in other situations. Non-throughput legendaries will soon include a small amount of consistent output through either an adjustment to their legendary effect or an extra 3rd secondary stat, and continue to provide their utility benefits.

By narrowing the power gap between throughput legendaries and non-throughput legendaries, we’re hopeful that 1) the first two legendaries a character acquires will have some reliable throughput increase and 2) once you acquire more of them, you’ll feel more freedom to swap them around based on the situation.

So I guess ED and IFE get more of a nerf, while others potentially become better. The example the give for the boots doesn't sound half bad.

Anyone else's thoughts?
    Last edited by Argenon; 2017-03-12 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    So I guess ED and IFE get more of a nerf, while others potentially become better. The example the give for the boots doesn't sound half bad.

Anyone else's thoughts?

we dont know if IFE/ED will be getting nerfed again, as they were just nerfed.

i actually think they may be buffing OI, 20% is a big chance, but i can sometimes go an entire fight with 1 proc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

If ED gets nerfed any further, I might just delete it, since I haven't put it on since my guild was able to get Krosus down without it. If anything, we'll probably see more buffs to the weaker legendaries!

- Promise of Elune (Balance Boots): Confirmed to be getting an 8% buff to SW/LS.
    - Lady and the Child (Balance Shoulder): IMO this one's a little weak for Balance and way better for like Bear and Feral. I feel like it should be buffed to either cleave more or do more damage.
    - Aman'Thul's Wisdom (Resto Shoulder): Confirmed to be "on their radar". I'm expecting a complete redesign since it's a trash tier legendary that's essentially worthless.
    - The Dark Titan's Advance (Resto Belt): Lifebloom blooms are very unpredictable. I could see this one getting a change or more stats.
    - Essence of Infusion (Resto Boots): Tranq is used more as a buffer for incoming damage, not to heal multiple targets at low HP. If you're that desperate, you're likely already fucked.
    - Cinidaria (Leather Belt): Some way to make this better for Druid? Idk. It's terrible for all our specs. A change I could see making it better is making it on targets < 10% HP since you typically just overheal when attacking targets at the start of a fight (plus the last 10% goes way slower than the first 10% when everyone pops cooldowns and usually lust).
    - Ekowraith (Druid Chest): This one is incredibly weak to every spec but Guardian (+4.5% DR is pretty nice). Hoping this one might get to 100%, or it could give the passive benefits of the ones you don't have while buffing the two you do have. That'd be a very nice utility buff IMO without being overpowered.

Essentially, you get the following out of Ekowraith with my proposed buff (two of which you already have baseline):
    - +5y Range/Radius to spells
    - +15% Speed
    - +6% DR
    - +3% (+1.5% for Guardian) HP5 (Health Per 5 seconds)

Plus, a boost to your spec and one other of your choice:
    - +3.75y Range
    - +11.25% Speed
    - +4.5% DR
    - +2.25%/+1.125% HP5
    On paper, it looks a tad OP, but it's really not. More range or a slight bump in DR isn't going to make/break a fight. It will help, sure, but it's not blatantly broken.

I also have no idea about Feral so I didn't put any Feral-specific legendaries on here (though I could see Luffa Wrappings be fairly weak for Feral specifically, but it's already very good for Guardian so idk; maybe remove it from Feral's list?), and I think the Guardian ones are all fairly solid for the spec.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Fiery Red Maimers will be completely reworked or strongly buffed the least.

Deleted
    Ekowraith should definitely be one of the legendaries to receive a buff since currently it is only good for guardian. Its situation is a bit similar to that mage chest they are buffing with an extra stat, so if anything i would bet that it will receive a similar treatment.

I just hope they wont nerf it for guardian... tho its a bit doubtfull since the buff was pretty recent with patch 7.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fiery Red Maimers will be completely reworked or strongly buffed the least.
    Doubt it, it's our strongest/2nd strongest ST legendary. Same with Cinidaria, it's not gonna get buffed, because it's already one of the strongest legendaries for Feral. Luffas are the strongest Feral legendary in NH overall, so there's no way that's getting changed/removed from the loot table either.

I'd expect Eko to get a 3rd secondary stat(or maybe even all 4, to go with the whole "jack of all trades" thing) although it's already strong for Guardian meaning it's a bit dangerous, potentially something for Ailuro Pouncers(either to make it work with MoC/BrS, or just a straight buff of some kind), possibly something for Chatoyant Signet(if I had to guess, some energy regen of some kind)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post

Anyone else's thoughts?
    I don't expect ED to get nerfed, as its already not a "best in all situations"-legendary, which is one of their overall goals, to make them all. IFE on the other hand, is always very usefull and as such, it might see a nerf.

The buff to Promise of Elune(balance boots) sounds really good and as it was my first legendary, I really welcome it. They're just plain fun to use, but in the current state, not really viable for anything.

Ekowraith(chest for all specs) will probably see a stat buff or maybe a minor effect, that changes with spec(similar to the balance boots), since its currently only good for Guardians.

Overall I welcome almost ANY balancing changes they make to legendaries. And that only goes to show how poorly designed they've been up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    Promise of Elune(balance boots) sounds really good and as it was my first legendary, I really welcome it. They're just plain fun to use, but in the current state, not really viable for anything.
    Tell that to the resto druid 5million regrowth, specially when its during a protectors of the ancient proc thus it hit 3 people, include the >5million total living seeds, and id say its viable for something. Allbeit niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Ekowraith should definitely be one of the legendaries to receive a buff since currently it is only good for guardian. Its situation is a bit similar to that mage chest they are buffing with an extra stat, so if anything i would bet that it will receive a similar treatment.

I just hope they wont nerf it for guardian... tho its a bit doubtfull since the buff was pretty recent with patch 7.1.5
    Well since they're nerfing Guardian armor even more, I'd imagine buffing Ekowraith wouldn't really be that big a problem.

I still would like them to give the passives of the affinities you didn't pick. Would make the chest a lot more fun imo (and "fun" legendaries are sorely lacking on Druid).

Idk, at least I would find an extra 15% Speed and 3% HP5 as fun in some way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    The buff to Promise of Elune(balance boots) sounds really good and as it was my first legendary, I really welcome it. They're just plain fun to use, but in the current state, not really viable for anything.
    As a balance main to have 4 garbage legendaries (Sephuz > Resto Shoulders > Cinidaria > ED > OI, my only good one), I actually would welcome the boots; I even wanted them prior to the 8% buff because it's nice to have an OH SHIT button (especially now when it's off the GCD)

Oh and that 8% buff also buffs non-Cat Resto DPS which is a nice little change for Balance/Resto players.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Doubt it, it's our strongest/2nd strongest ST legendary. Same with Cinidaria, it's not gonna get buffed, because it's already one of the strongest legendaries for Feral. Luffas are the strongest Feral legendary in NH overall, so there's no way that's getting changed/removed from the loot table either.

I'd expect Eko to get a 3rd secondary stat(or maybe even all 4, to go with the whole "jack of all trades" thing) although it's already strong for Guardian meaning it's a bit dangerous, potentially something for Ailuro Pouncers(either to make it work with MoC/BrS, or just a straight buff of some kind), possibly something for Chatoyant Signet(if I had to guess, some energy regen of some kind)
    Does Fiery Red Maimers work on bosses? I got it from a world boss but I'm not 110 so I can't test myself. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Well since they're nerfing Guardian armor even more, I'd imagine buffing Ekowraith wouldn't really be that big a problem.

I still would like them to give the passives of the affinities you didn't pick. Would make the chest a lot more fun imo (and "fun" legendaries are sorely lacking on Druid).

Idk, at least I would find an extra 15% Speed and 3% HP5 as fun in some way

- - - Updated - - -

As a balance main to have 4 garbage legendaries (Sephuz > Resto Shoulders > Cinidaria > ED > OI, my only good one), I actually would welcome the boots; I even wanted them prior to the 8% buff because it's nice to have an OH SHIT button (especially now when it's off the GCD)

Oh and that 8% buff also buffs non-Cat Resto DPS which is a nice little change for Balance/Resto players.
    I'm sorry, did you call ED a garbage legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Aman'Thul's Wisdom (Resto Shoulder): Confirmed to be "on their radar". I'm expecting a complete redesign since it's a trash tier legendary that's essentially worthless.
    Any source please? *-*

Quote Originally Posted by tonydanza View Post
    Tell that to the resto druid 5million regrowth, specially when its during a protectors of the ancient proc thus it hit 3 people, include the >5million total living seeds, and id say its viable for something. Allbeit niche.
    No resto druid ever does this because you have to give up two of our best talents for it (Cenarion Ward and Flourish), AND you have to stack up a ton of Wraths to set it up. It's a goofy gimmick that nobody does.

And what are you talking about, "protectors of the ancient"? Do you mean Power of the Archdruid, which procs off Wild Growth and makes Rejuv hit multiple targets? Also, Living Seed is only 49% of the initial heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyben View Post
    Any source please? *-*
    It was during the Q&A a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about legendary changes and Lore said the Resto shoulders were being looked at. He's mentioned it on twitter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post

I wouldn't even say it's good for guardian, there are many other better legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    No resto druid ever does this because you have to give up two of our best talents for it (Cenarion Ward and Flourish), AND you have to stack up a ton of Wraths to set it up. It's a goofy gimmick that nobody does.

And what are you talking about, "protectors of the ancient"? Do you mean Power of the Archdruid, which procs off Wild Growth and makes Rejuv hit multiple targets? Also, Living Seed is only 49% of the initial heal.

It was during the Q&A a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about legendary changes and Lore said the Resto shoulders were being looked at. He's mentioned it on twitter too.
    I feel like the shoulders and the trinket are insane together.

No resto druid ever does this because you have to give up two of our best talents for it (Cenarion Ward and Flourish)
    What talents? What are you talking about?

And what are you talking about, "protectors of the ancient"? Do you mean Power of the Archdruid, which procs off Wild Growth and makes Rejuv hit multiple targets?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=189870/...-the-archdruid

Power of the Archdruid
    Rank 1/1 Artifact Trait
    Requires Druid (Restoration)
    Requires G'Hanir, the Mother Tree
    Wild Growth has a 25% chance to cause your next Rejuvenation or Regrowth to also apply to 2 additional allies within 20 yards of the target.

Also, Living Seed is only 49% of the initial heal.
    He said total living speeds, 49% x 3 = 147% which is > 5 million (100%)

it makes regrowth hit 3 targets as well, but most of it ends up being overheal.

Some of the Resto Druid legendaries that particularly need to be looked into.

Aman'thul's Wisdom - They just need to completely redesign it in some way. In a world where you can afford to spam Rejuvs all over the place on 100% HP targets ahead of heavy raid damage, it might be viable, but it just isn't practical on any encounters, and is far too expensive. It is close to a 0 throughput gain, and is by far our worst legendary.

Sephuz Secret - There isn't a single fight in Nighthold with enough dispels needed for it to be close to viable, and you literally need to be able to activate the buff every time it can be activated for it to come anywhere close to throughput legendaries in value. I think the entire legendary needs a rework for healers.

Ekowraith - It's going to need to be reworked for the 3 non Resto specs at minimum, because it only gives a utility buff. At least the buff to Ysera's Gift is a main spec throughput buff; it just isn't enough of a buff to be worth using.

X'oni's Caress - It's just a terrible legendary, because it will invariably result in massive overhealing. If they want to make an Ironbark legendary a viable concept, they probably need to have it give you an X% mastery buff while Ironbark is active or something. Even then, I think it's going to be highly questionable, because IB is rarely something you use on CD; it's used on an "as needed" basis. They probably should redesign it completely.

Dark Titan's Advance - Just mathematically too weak - it's only about 50% as strong as the top legendaries.

Essence of Infusion - They probably should make the Tranq buff trigger at a higher health level, but reduce the magnitude of the buff that it gives to Tranq. Right now, it is way too situational - it's amazing on a small handful of Mythic progression fights where you can time Tranq around the raid being at super low health, but close to useless on almost everything else. If it instead increased Tranq healing by 30% on targets at or below 70% health, it would be a much better legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I feel like the shoulders and the trinket are insane together.
    It's still only 50% overhealing transferred for 10 seconds every minute and 15 seconds, and you're still using a GCD and mana to Rejuv someone at full HP when you could have just rejuv'd the person actually taking damage. It's not "insane", it just has a minor interaction that still pales in comparison to actually healing someone who needs it, not setting up for an awkward combo. It's why most of the reason we like the trinket is for using it with EoG (and not Tranq, as it's overkill), the 15% bonus healing, and the stats. The overheal transfer is just gravy and is usually just ITSELF overhealing or pointless padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    What talents? What are you talking about?
    To get Abundance and Moment of Clarity. Stacking all of those together, along with the boots, were how druids on PTR were getting insane Regrowth numbers. And yeah I just forgot PotA actually effects Regrowth, since that's never how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Sephuz Secret - There isn't a single fight in Nighthold with enough dispels needed for it to be close to viable
    This isn't quite true, as you can get a lot of mileage out of it on Botanist. Plenty to dispel and you can use Vortex or roots on plants, just tell the other healers to let you do the dispelling. However it's still useless on basically every other fight.
    Last edited by SafariDiscoLion; 2017-03-13 at 06:33 PM.

Plus, the concern with Prydaz is - based on their criteria for legendary adjustments, Prydaz will almost certainly be targeted for buffs, since it still doesn't give any throughput for DPS specs, and is still generally considered undesirable for them relative to a throughput legendary. If they end up adding additional universal throughput to Prydaz, it will probably become far and away BiS for Resto Druids (and I'd assume other healers). It's already in the top 3-4 options as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Plus, the concern with Prydaz is - based on their criteria for legendary adjustments, Prydaz will almost certainly be targeted for buffs, since it still doesn't give any throughput for DPS specs, and is still generally considered undesirable for them relative to a throughput legendary. If they end up adding additional universal throughput to Prydaz, it will probably become far and away BiS for Resto Druids (and I'd assume other healers). It's already in the top 3-4 options as is.
    I don't see why they'd add throughput to it considering one of their plans is adding extra stats to utility items where throughput doesn't make sense. AKA exactly what they already did to Prydaz, which is now considered a very respectable legendary for most specs, so they're using that as a framework for others, like the Mage blink one.