Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So would you be in favor of a grind that takes 8 hours? Instead of having a wait time of 8 hours that allows you to do anything else in the game? It isn't a bullshit mechanism. If everything was time gated that would start to make it a problem but not that much is only a time gate. You can do other things while waiting on these few things rather then having to devote time just to one activity while earning the reward.

2,3,4,5 or more rewards is bullshit compared to only earning 1 reward?
    Time gates are bullshit. period. I see no reason for them at all. Saying that they need to be replaced by an equivalent number of hours of play is silly. I and others want to play the game, not do some Facebook BS. For example, I needed to run some dungeons to do the druid campaign... that's fine. That's interactive play. Waiting on a timer is meaningless and adds nothing but an artificial delay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Time gates are bullshit. period. I see no reason for them at all. Saying that they need to be replaced by an equivalent number of hours of play is silly. I and others want to play the game, not do some Facebook BS. For example, I needed to run some dungeons to do the druid campaign... that's fine. That's interactive play. Waiting on a timer is meaningless and adds nothing but an artificial delay.
    If everything was a time gate though I'd agree with you. Its like if everything was a RNG drop, or a rep grind, or a dungeon run it would be bad. A time gate has the advantage of allowing you to do other things while still gaining something.

It isn't silly to say that a time gate would be replaced by something that takes X amount of time to do. What in WoW is currently instant for "character power"? You'll need to spend some times killing something, grinding rep, items, etc. It is silly to think that Blizzard would have an instant reward instead of a time gate. You can play the game though with a time gate. But I can already tell the type of person you are to call it a Facebook BS. You clearly are ignorant of what a Facebook game actually is and just care about using Buzzwords to some how inflate your argument.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

SSSSoooooo'ssssss, I guess you missed all those other order hall missions that took a shit load of time. Huh, bunky, huh??

10+ Year Old Account
    it is pretty annoying. i think they should change them to 1hour timers after the next patch
    Hi

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got 2 legendaries on a fresh alt (remember the drop rate goes up over time the expansion exists), but that legendary research taking like 2 weeks is ridiculous, more then the mission timers ever were.

Ok, taking that statement back partly, on PTR it's changed to 1 day, 8000 order resources, so at least something is speed up
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-11 at 01:50 PM.

100% yes. Blizzard has this weird love for power gating to a drastic degree ever since MoP and it's one of the worst things for the game, and equally one of the most senseless. The relic thing just strikes me as a pointless middle finger to fresh 110s.

No one is saying that. It's not about the stuff you actively do in order to get the slot, it's about the time-gated missions. YEs, there are ways to make this efficient (app, etc) but it's a bullshit mechanism in many ways precisely because you're not actually playing, you're waiting on the game.

Reading. Learn it. It helps.
    Enough qq. If you dont like it go play something else. You ppl complain about absolutely everything. Dont get me wrong, it was funny for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Enough qq. If you dont like it go play something else. You ppl complain about absolutely everything. Dont get me wrong, it was funny for a while.
    If you don't like discussion go to another site. You weren't funny even for a while.

See how that works?

If you don't like discussion go to another site. You weren't funny even for a while.

See how that works?
    You are complaining about something small and meaningless. Thats not a discussion. If you want a discussion then make a thread about ppl's opinion on ingame missions instead of this QQ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i am more annoyed by the fact you have to do dungeons to unlock them.
    Same here. Forced dungeons in any aspect are obnoxious.

Third relic takes 24 hours Max to unlock first timed part you do during leveling. Thoose 5x4 hours at 110 is done im a day.

Blizzard should have let us complete all the 3rd relic slot requirements before 110. So instead of a helm that was replaced fairly quickly, we're rewarded with an unlocked slot and possibly the relic as well.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this gate was fine at the start of the expac, but should be removed by now.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind there's a ton of undocumented changes I discovered on PTR that arent even in the renewed patch notes.

- 2nd legendary reseach time down to 1 day, 8000 OR
    - Illidan soul fragment questline down to 40 , 20 per week (was 80, 10 per week)
    - Bonus cache for rep past exalted that has mounts, was 21000 rep early PTR, now 10000 rep.
    - 3rd follower equipment slot
    - New type of follower itemlevel items, up to 900, but work for any follower itemlevel from 760-900.

After they changed the 2-trait relic thing, PTR also reduced the cost of the new order hall researches to 10000 and 15000 , 1 and 5 day.

So there's a chance the class hall timers might be speed up even more too.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-13 at 11:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dinged on a Sunday, I just used the APP, and was done halfway through my Work week.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I dinged on a Sunday, I just used the APP, and was done halfway through my Work week.
    Yeah the mission timers aren't too bad only thing that holds you back now is the 2nd legendary research :P Until 7.2 it's like 7 days (used to be 14 days, will be 1 day after patch)

I am not defending time gates, they should be gradually reduced per patch.

Deleted
    The interesting thing in this thread is there are people who hate the system and others who say "it's easy just do it like this" but nobody really saying "I love these mission quests so much, they are better than all other steps during the campaign". With some outlier spouting baseless insults about "not contributing to society"...

I say missions are a very bad kind of content and I would rather have it been replaced by something else.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I say missions are a very bad kind of content and I would rather have it been replaced by something else.
    I don't consider the class hall once completed to be content, more like an extra minigame to get some extra, gold, rep, AP, or a dungeon/raid/pvp item once in a while.

Keep in mind I do like the class hall stories, and the fact they continue in 7.2 is nice, but I still don't consider the follower missions content compared to the quests/scenarios offered.

But if 8.0 had this style of mission system removed for next expansion I wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-13 at 11:50 PM.

I think the gating quests are one of those things, that your main should need to do, but your alts shouldnt
    They do actually serve a purpose the first time, since the amount of content hitting you at dinging 110 is pretty overwhelming. But since we already know what to do the second time around, having a time gate to keep you from the stuff you want to do, is either pointless, when you level slow enough, or annoying, when you dont.
    Nothing of value would be lost, if they reduced the time these take to like 30mins or something after your main has done them.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The quest kind of triggers the mentality of "hurry up and wait." Ever watch people driving? I find it hilarious watching the person next to me hit a red light, then try to gun it to avoid the next one only to hit that one, too. Meanwhile, I'm pacing myself and manage to go slow enough to avoid the light. I find it really hilarious if the person is going to the same place I am and, despite the person driving like an asshole and me taking my time, we still get there at the same time. He might get there ahead of me but not by more than a few seconds. And in the end, my car likely won't be suffering from mechanical issues from constantly having the gas pedal floored and my car would have better fuel economy due to me not having connstant and sudden starts and stops. Driving angry and driving like an asshole makes you use up gas faster.

These quests are kind of like that. People rush to hit 110 only to have to wait to get their third relic slot. Also have to wait to unlock level 25 artifact knowledge ... or do unless you have a toon already with it. Then you can just buy the tomes and have a shorter wait time to level 25. Honestly wish Blizzard would have paced things out better. Why can't we start artifact knowledge research at level 101? I was on my level 101 warrior earlier in Stormheim and staring at the crappy 100-300 AP tokens she was getting from quests. It made me log out realizing how much of a grind I had just to level her artifact. Rather hard to stay motivated to level my alts when my shaman at 25 AK is getting well over 100k AP. Blizzard could have at least let us get AK 1 at level 101, AK 2 at level 102, etc which would have let us be AK 10 by 110. Class campaign would have been harder to pace out since they pace that one out already, but AK could have been at least.

As for the duration on missions, I do have to agree that if you start them before you go to bed, there's not much of an issue there. You can use the app on a phone or tablet to access missions during the day. Do both missions back to back, you'd be done two days after you start.