Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't get over the cargo shorts. I still feel like it was meant to be more of an insult than a tribute...

Haha, 11% of people over 890 still only have one leggo, youre a fucking joke blizz

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those commenting on the legendary chart, it just says "equipped". People take off gear all the time for various reasons, doesn't mean they actually play that way. I would tend to disregard the accuracy of the latter half of that chart.

Legendary / Item level corelation provides literally 0 useful information.
    Who'd knew that higher ilvl players have 2 legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Legendary / Item level corelation provides literally 0 useful information.
    Who'd knew that higher ilvl players have 2 legendaries?
    Well, I mean it is a perfect bell curve for those that have 1 legendary. That is actually pretty neat to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Why not? As far as i know he was Overwatch lead project manager.
    Because Metzen = Thrall who, if anything is THE Warcraft character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post
    Haha, 11% of people over 890 still only have one leggo, youre a fucking joke blizz
    For Quite a few of those probably can't equip 2 due to the Order Hall research.

With guilds you can level and hit 890 before you can hit double legendary research.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-03-13 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, I'd say the statue is supposed to be like Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, just in a way that's more "Metzen" like. Aside from Blizzcon's, this is how I remember seeing him in videos and such.

Deleted
    How ironic they put the Alliance logo on his chest, we all know Metzen was a raging Horde fanboy.
    Last edited by mmoc594fd2488f; 2017-03-13 at 07:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    For Quite a few of those probably can't equip 2 due to the Order Hall research.

With guilds you can level and hit 890 before you can hit double legendary research.
    Exactly! If anything it provides support to the claim that I have made that it's currently easier/faster to gear up a max level character to raid ready now than at pretty much any other time in the history of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkline View Post
    Tailoring
    Added new craftable Legendary item:
    (Shoulder) Celumbra, the Night’s Dichotomy
    The amount of comfort provided by the Bloodtotem Saddle Blanket has been reduced by 20%.

BUT WHAT DOES IT DOOOOOOOOOOOO?
    no kidding.. gong on 7 months and I still have no idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutora View Post
    If anything, I'd say the statue is supposed to be like Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, just in a way that's more "Metzen" like. Aside from Blizzcon's, this is how I remember seeing him in videos and such.
    Which begs the question why they chose Winston? Mickey Mouse embodies what is iconic about Disney. As good as Overwatch is... it is too young to determine if that is iconic to Blizzard OR Metzen's contributions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    How ironice they put the Alliance logo on his chest, we all now Metzen was a raging Horde fanboy.
    Yet another example of why I think the statue's creator was just trolling/meant it as more of an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. who would you want holding his hand? fucking thrall? lil chibi thrall?
    2. also he dident just make Dva and winston, he was the lead guy for overwatch.
    3. notice his alliance hoodie? and how overwatch and wow are the two middle beside his name?
    4. he had VERY little to do with the movie, all of blizz did
    I know you love to argue just to argue but okey ... one last time.

1. There are OTHER statue concepts. A person holding a hand with someone is not the only viable statue concept in the world.
    2. I understand he did Overwatch, my point is that OW is a small part of his otherwise immense Warcraft career, considering only the number of titles he held.
    3. I didn't notice the Alliance hoodie, no. What's that suppose to be, an ad for Blizz gear store?
    4. He was part of it, regardless of how big this part was. The point is not his part, the point is they MADE a movie based on a game he set the lore foundation for.

Deleted
    That DLC comic is ironic for me considering I got 4 legendaries now on my shaman (prydaz, akainu, roots and journey) and I got all 4 of them from an emissary cache.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you do seem to forget he was the lead lore designer for overwatch right?
    And for WoW, and for Starcraft. His influence is in every game they sell. But, it's just a statue, and the message behind the statue makes what it is, appropriate. They have his career indicated by the logos. Him and Winston's message is looking to the future, to the new. It's very personal. I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutora View Post
    This. There's a message in the sculpture, and a lot of people are completely missing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Which begs the question why they chose Winston? Mickey Mouse embodies what is iconic about Disney. As good as Overwatch is... it is too young to determine if that is iconic to Blizzard OR Metzen's contributions.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another example of why I think the statue's creator was just trolling/meant it as more of an insult.
    Because Winston is a baby, and Metzen is pointing to the future with him. It's not a hard message to grasp. It's a visualization of Metzen's philosophy and attitude, not his favorite character. It's about how he views his job. Winston just represents youth. It could have been baby Thrall, but that would have been kind of wierd.

You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager.
    Does this mean sets will auto-equip on changing specs? If so, very cool.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow! it's been 6 months since he left blizzard. how time passes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

Because Winston is a baby, and Metzen is pointing to the future with him. It's not a hard message to grasp. It's a visualization of Metzen's philosophy and attitude, not his favorite character. It's about how he views his job. Winston just represents youth. It could have been baby Thrall, but that would have been kind of wierd.
    What does being a baby have to do with it? I mean if you had to babify anyone it would have made MORE sense to do so to Thrall. You say that would look weird... the justifications for Winston is weird.

The last project Walt Disney worked on was jungle book... in this tribute statue should he have been holding hands with a half-naked boy (Mowgli). No that isn't iconic Disney. Winston isn't iconic blizzard, its not iconic Metzen... it just the newest thing. Only time will tell if Overwatch has the staying power of some of their other Franchises.

Originality... strike 1
    Comparing Metzen to Disney... strike 2
    Choice of iconic character... strike 3
    Wardrobe/flattering image of Metzen... strike 4 (chain wallet, cargo shorts... hey the 90s called)
    Accuracy... strike 5 (alliance shirt... really)

The whole thing top to bottom is just a really poor example of what Blizzard is capable of. Worthy of an April Fools joke... maybe. Immortalized in a statue... probably not the best choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Metzen mained a human Paladin and he also voices Varian Wrynn.

Edit: Baby Winston is there as a reference to the Recall animated short, which is about creating the world you want instead of accepting the world as it is. It's about optimism for the future and creativity and stuff.

Edit 2: Cargo shorts and a wallet chain is how he always dresses. He's not a suit and tie guy.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-03-13 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Somehow it feels like this (Metzens) statue means something more than just tribute. It is like change of tides, Wow passing baton to new game (the one with ape) to take over as main Blizzard's game. I don't like any new Blizzards games (genres) so I really hope Blizzard is working hard on Wow2 and plans to release it when "old" Wow finally gets detronized and "anihilated" by some worthy competition...