Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    If you were born in the late 70's to early 80's and don't feel like you belong to either the X'ers or the Millennials, you likely belong to this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

Any one else remember playing Oregon Trail in the computer lab back when we were kids? I sure do.
    Heck yeah, that game was awesome. I remember playing it back in grade school.

The term "millennial" is really silly anyway, because most people who are given that label actually grew up in the 90s, and spent their formative years with access to basically the same levels of technology as the previous cohort. I was born in 85, and we didn't have a computer at home when I was growing up, and I can still remember using a phone with an actual dial. It isn't really until the next generation where you had kids growing up with the internet and the deluge of tech devices we see today, those people would be more properly labeled millennials, since they represent a more definitive break from the past than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    if you cant name 3 original MTV VJ's without having to look it up your not mtv generation.
    I used to have a black and white TV that got like 5 stations in. I cant name MTV people because MTV always played shit music. It was cause to celebrate just when they played Sammy Hagars I cant Drive 55
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    If you were born in the late 70's to early 80's and don't feel like you belong to either the X'ers or the Millennials, you likely belong to this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

Any one else remember playing Oregon Trail in the computer lab back when we were kids? I sure do.
    I have all the bear meat. I just need a wheel and an axle. And someone to chisel "FARTED HERE" on a tombstone over there...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Just ignore the generations bullshit. Because that's what it is, a big pile of made up bullshit.
    Quite frankly, even though around for several sun turns it's never ever been a big deal at all, until the rise of the internet.
    Only on the internet will you find people that give a fuck or two about it.
    But the amplification of something doesn't make it important by default. Especially not when it's deeply flawed without clear definitions.
    It's not really a pile of bullshit. For example, I knew a time before internet. And when it came about, it cost by the minute. I remember rotary phones. And so on.

There is a difference.

And it's not just the rise of the internet. Compare 1950's youth with their parents.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I miss the 80s

Man the hair lol

PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Don't worry. The current new Generation those born between 1996 -2010 must be the last generation
    as there is no more letters after Z.

So that will be the end ..and then the World must blow up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Don't worry. The current new Generation those born between 1996 -2010 must be the last generation
    as there is no more letters after Z.

So that will be the end ..and then the World must blow up
    We go into Greek letters after Z. Hurricanes have set a precedent.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There's no set scale, it will vary by who/where you ask. By UK scale you are both Gen Y ('80-2000).

Millennials is just a buzzword/slang for Gen Z (2000-)
    Literally, no one defines Millennials like that. You are listed people who are Post-Millennials as Millennials.

Some definitions start Millennials between 1982 to 1985 and typically end it around 2000. Essentially, it is people who entered adulthood in the year 2000 or later. Gen X often ends between 1981 and 1984. So depending on how you define the terms, people like myself can be defined as either.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Literally, no one defines Millennials like that.
    Yes they do: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/feat...nerations.html

If you read my post you would see there is no "official" designation and it varies from country to country.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yes they do: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/feat...nerations.html

If you read my post you would see there is no "official" designation and it varies from country to country.
    Read your own link again.
    This is taken from that page you just linked

Generation Y
    Also known as Millennials, born between about 1980 and 2000.

Generation Z
    Poor lambs, they are still in their teens and someone has already slapped a label on them. Post-Millennials, Gen Wii, iGeneration were all floated by USA Today back in 2012, but Gen Z seems to have stuck.

You will always have people that are very entrenched in their generation label and others that will try to rebel against that label, and other still that just happen to land in the middle of a switch.

It's just like race stereotypes, they are all based off some facts, and there is nothing wrong with that. And the fun part is that whatever one generation complains about another generation for, they themselves suffered from the same type so labeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Read your own link again.
    This is taken from that page you just linked
    Lmao ... thanks for the support.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Generational tags are largely arbitrary and highly cultural dependent. There is no clear cut objective way of applying these labels to humans.

Really, they are just trends among people age XX-YY in Z area of A, B or C economic class.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others said there has never been any hard dates on generations.

I do not know where I read it, and I know it does not mean this is true 100% all the time.

If you became an adult (18) after the turn of the millennium (Jan 1st 2000) then you are a millennial. All my kids were born after 2000 so I do not know what that makes them. Some people joke they are the Social Media generation.

For people like you it is really up to you to identify with one generation or the other.
    Both have good and bad stereotypes.