Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the original UI this game had was amazing back in beta. i remember it was like the last couple days of the free beta and the UI changed and it was awful.

with the new UI came blurriness and fps problems and it hasn't gotten any better since.

i really like this game, i dig the vibes of it. i just wish i could make them bring back that original UI.
    I remember the beta UI, it was simple and ran well.

People then complained that it wasn't cool or looked "ugly"
    So Carbine made a generic cool looking UI. But people hate it because it hurts performance, takes up too much space, etc.

Though personally I never understood UI complaints in any mmo, the base UI is always bad imo, I hate WoWs, I hate RIFTs, I hate Wildstars, I hate ffxiv, but most of these games have addons for that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly I don't see an issue with them providing 5 or 10 plat to buy the mats to runecraft or giving a set of High runes for the ilvl 70 gear.
    If you buy a boost it gives you like 3 plat, very odd how the free one game with none.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I remember the beta UI, it was simple and ran well.

People then complained that it wasn't cool or looked "ugly"
    So Carbine made a generic cool looking UI. But people hate it because it hurts performance, takes up too much space, etc.

Though personally I never understood UI complaints in any mmo, the base UI is always bad imo, I hate WoWs, I hate RIFTs, I hate Wildstars, I hate ffxiv, but most of these games have addons for that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

If you buy a boost it gives you like 3 plat, very odd how the free one game with none.
    I'd rather have a simplistic clean UI than an in your face one that eats up performance. Basic UIs shouldn't affect performance that badly.

I'd rather have a simplistic clean UI than an in your face one that eats up performance. Basic UIs shouldn't affect performance that badly.
    Completely agreed, that's why i get addons, which is no excuse for the majority of mmorpgs trying to look as epic as possible for the Ui...
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    queue timer says 1 hour even when I'm getting instant BG pops lmao, think it's been half broken since cross faction! The quest UI is OK if you don't have any
    I can confirm this. Got my level 50 boost. Done 2 dungeons. I also noticed the 1 hour queu time, but never did I have to actually wait 1 hour. In fact, I could almost say they are faster queu times than wow at some point However, there still some issues Wildstar could address before many players will come back.

I myself still have some issues with UI and questlog/questgiver design.

But still a freaking great game Story is very loveble. I hope they keep growing like they still do since the drop

I run that elvui like addon and it fixed most of my issues.

The one it doesn't is that bonkersly bad quest tracker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I mean, I get your point, but you just can't expect it, not from anyone. No one is going to kiss the ground you walk on in hopes you keep playing their game. Half the people it's just banter, if you can't take it then the internet is obviously not the place for you. that's really all I can say
    I'll never get tired of the "People are just assholes so the problem is you" acceptance bullshit.

Call out bad behavior and stamp it the fuck out.

Asked in a Prime Dungeon if there is anything I need to know. Was told to go back to WoW..........

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asked in a Prime Dungeon if there is anything I need to know. Was told to go back to WoW..........

Oh don't worry. It's none of the known names so it don't matter if they say anything bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I understand that, but being an asshole on the internet isn't just exclusive for wildstar. you'll find them everywhere, even here. sadly people just need to grow thicker skins in order to survive on the internet lol
    I agree that you need to be able to handle/ignore the idiots on the Internet. There is a difference in this situation. I think the best way to explain it is through an analogy.

Lets say I got a letter from a bank offering me $100 to open an account with them. I decide to head to the bank and see what the bank is like. If I walk into the bank and get insulted by customers I am going to just walk out and throw the letter in the bin. Why? Because I am the client. I don't want to put up with that every time I have to visit the bank. I have no vested interest. No reason to put up with it or ignore it. It's the easiest thing in the world for me to just walk out and the bank is the one that loses out. If it was the bank that I already had my accounts with then I would probably complain or just ignore the other clients. I have my account there and it's a pain for me to move it. I have a vested interest.

It's the same with WS. Of course there are a/holes everywhere. Most of the people popping in for the 50 boosts are taking a look around. It's not going to take much to chase them away because there is nothing holding them there. They have no vested interest in the game. WS needs to give them that and to give them that they need to hold onto them for a bit.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world for Carbine to get hold of some of the staff and ask them to hang around in the more toxic places to provide a helping hand. To welcome the new people or people returning. In the past we had special offers on the Internet and we stayed up all night answering questions and helping people who were trying out our software. Hell, they don't even have to use staff. They could take some more established players and offer them goodies to be ambassadors for the game. To do the helping out. Give them special looking outfits or other perks (+50% money, etc). They should even be pushing these guys/gals to run raid pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO for someone new the UI is a massive turnoff. Trying to find anything is a nightmare.
    I got used to it while leveling when I played at launch, deleted it and am now trying to get back into it.

Used my free level 50 boost, zoned in and saw all these quest notifications saying do this, press that, go here and couldn't figure it out without reading a tutorial which they don't really give to new 50s...or if they do it's not apparent where it is....it's WAY too busy and requires far too much time and effort to make sense of it all.

I logged off and played FFXIV instead. I have zero desire to fight/ muscle through a UI to enjoy a game that I don't have THAT much interest in to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I got used to it while leveling when I played at launch, deleted it and am now trying to get back into it.

Used my free level 50 boost, zoned in and saw all these quest notifications saying do this, press that, go here and couldn't figure it out without reading a tutorial which they don't really give to new 50s...or if they do it's not apparent where it is....it's WAY too busy and requires far too much time and effort to make sense of it all.

I logged off and played FFXIV instead. I have zero desire to fight/ muscle through a UI to enjoy a game that I don't have THAT much interest in to begin with.
    This is how I felt to be honest, already hit the uninstall button.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Math is hard
    This reminds me of an old saying "There are no such things as stupid questions, only ...". If you want the game to succeed then you should be bending over backwards to represent the game in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    This reminds me of an old saying "There are no such things as stupid questions, only ...". If you want the game to succeed then you should be bending over backwards to represent the game in a positive light.
    I have got to ask, have you not seen Ministaber's posts?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You are quoting someone who said they would rather see Wildstar die than add LFR or appeal to more casual players. Are you surprised?

You are quoting someone who said they would rather see Wildstar die than add LFR or appeal to more casual players. Are you surprised?
    I remember the person in my signature also said that a long time ago when the Wildstar thread had more active.....very devoted fans..... Notice how those people who fought day and night to defend Wildstar's HARDCORE raids, 4000 step attunement, etc. aren't around anymore? Out of all those people that came in, attacked anyone who criticized the game, and told Carbine they were doing everything right, only Ministabber is left. They don't even support the game they helped ruin anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

And I asked in a prime 5 if there was any crazy difference and got told "nah man, but be careful, telegraphs hurt really bad"

Anecdotal statements don't really prove disprove anything.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I remember the person in my signature also said that a long time ago when the Wildstar thread had more active.....very devoted fans..... Notice how those people who fought day and night to defend Wildstar's HARDCORE raids, 4000 step attunement, etc. aren't around anymore? Out of all those people that came in, attacked anyone who criticized the game, and told Carbine they were doing everything right, only Ministabber is left. They don't even support the game they helped ruin anymore.
    I still remember when Mini went Twilight Zone on us and started bashing WS back when they announced f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I still remember when Mini went Twilight Zone on us and started bashing WS back when they announced f2p.
    She also has complained a bit during the matrix testing, seemed kind of forced imo,

Not important though

I am thinking of a score for Matrix, I know for Myster of the Genesis Prime I gave it a 10, Destination: Arcterra was a 8, Invasion:Nexus was a 8, Protogames academy was a 8, Strain was a 7, Sabotage was a 6, and Reloaded was an 8

I think 9 for Matrix is fair, mostly because of the fact it manages to keep content relevant while also adding some fun new stuff.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    She also has complained a bit during the matrix testing, seemed kind of forced imo,

Not important though

I am thinking of a score for Matrix, I know for Myster of the Genesis Prime I gave it a 10, Destination: Arcterra was a 8, Invasion:Nexus was a 8, Protogames academy was a 8, Strain was a 7, Sabotage was a 6, and Reloaded was an 8

I think 9 for Matrix is fair, mostly because of the fact it manages to keep content relevant while also adding some fun new stuff.
    Personally I give Matrix a 6. Purely for the pay for convenience route which I recall the devs saying they wanted to avoid. Prime Dungeons keep it fresh I do agree as do Prime Expeditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god I remember skimming through and reading some of it. Also remember a few posters back then around 2014-2015 who were adamant about telling people who weren't enjoying the game to basically "sod off". Funny how times change and now those posters are either nonexistent or not defending the game anymore.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-13 at 11:09 PM.

Math is hard
    Yes, it is.

Especially when I spend omnibits to go from two full character slots to three character slots, with one open, and the game then says I don't have any free character slots.

Yeah, math IS hard for your game.

Apparently, acting like a decent human being is too.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

It was a strange time for sure, I'm almost glad things are back to normal now.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.