They play exactly the same... dot things up, manage your cd to get the best VF uptime/stacks.

Homophobia is so gay.

I have a question regarding specs. Which spec is more powerful the Sanlayn Spec or the AS Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I have a question regarding specs. Which spec is more powerful the Sanlayn Spec or the AS Spec?
    depends on your gear. If you have more crit than mastery, then you use AS. Otherwise you use Sanlayn.

Supposing you have a set number of stats to work with, gearing for Sanlayn is more DPS, so you want to gear mastery instead of crit - sometimes you can't help it and you end up with lots of crit though, so don't be too stuck on SL

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    They play exactly the same... dot things up, manage your cd to get the best VF uptime/stacks.
    I guess they play exactly same as s2m as well then

Deleted
    Don't troll, now. AS has simply faster cycling/longer VF uptimes, but even then it's not more than a handful of stacks or a couple less seconds to get back into the form. Whispers is probably a much bigger factor in the playstyle than either of those two talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    I guess they play exactly same as s2m as well then
    He's not wrong though. AS and SL do for all intents and purposes, play the exact same way. The only real change is that when multidotting with AS, you would SW:P everything, then VT, while you do the opposite with SL.

S2M plays completely different, so I'm just going to assume that the above comment was meant as a joke (you know what they say about sarcasm in written form...). Unless you were talking about playing S2M without actually using the ability. In which case the pre-S2M phase plays the same as AS and SL aswell, it just takes a lot longer to get back into VF again each time it falls off, beacuse having S2m means not having LotV.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2017-03-14 at 09:05 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    so hows the head legendary compared to the others now?
    Last edited by mmoc66a6a172f7; 2017-03-14 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    so hows the head legendary compared to the others now?
    Or better, how do the people who've gone nuts and grinded to the previous two instances of BIS feel now?

and we are back to a pet tier bonus making the belt bis...again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    Or better, how do the people who've gone nuts and grinded to the previous two instances of BIS feel now?
    Well bracers most likely will still be strong. They are insane on multi-target fights. Not sure about Helm in 7.2 It doesn't look great still. 3% only in VF is still way below even Prydaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    Well bracers most likely will still be strong. They are insane on multi-target fights. Not sure about Helm in 7.2 It doesn't look great still. 3% only in VF is still way below even Prydaz.
    Not quite.

This is the current increases for legendaries. In 7.2, the helm will add the 3% damage to VF (1.71% +(3 * VFUptime%)). On the low side of 60% VF uptime, this will be 3.51% (1.71 + 1.8). On my current average VF uptime for most fights (73%) the helm is worth 3.9%, and on the high end of 80% VF uptime it is 4.11%.

Comparing to the current table, this puts the helm nearly equal to Prydaz on the low end, and better than the belt on the high end. Of course, this can change depending on the fight, strategy, and personal skill, and not to mention how much your raid can utilize the raid CD from the helm could also influence the decision to use it.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    These changes are pure bullshit. They nerf our wrists yet they dont touch some legendaries much more powerful (that we never had of course) or some of the trinkets (hello warriors?) that are totally out of control.
    As usual, blizzard is full of it.

i love the DH legendaries buff.

eye beam spam

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    These changes are pure bullshit. They nerf our wrists yet they dont touch some legendaries much more powerful (that we never had of course) or some of the trinkets (hello warriors?) that are totally out of control.
    As usual, blizzard is full of it.
    I'm not sure how those two things relate, so because warriors have some broken trinkets it's a bad change to bring our legendaries closer to eachother? Bracers were by far the best and will probably still remain so, at least for any fight with more than one target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I'm not sure how those two things relate, so because warriors have some broken trinkets it's a bad change to bring our legendaries closer to eachother? Bracers were by far the best and will probably still remain so, at least for any fight with more than one target.
    Much as I don't PvP, the bracers are nice in the FFA PVP. Dot up some NPCs, get 50 stacks, maintain. "Oh, there's someone on the dragon in Bareback Brawl!" dot, dot, mind bomb, VE, 5 void bolts first of which can crit for around 2 million...finish them off, and the dragon falls out of the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Belt and cloak are nice for FFA PvP, especially if things chain-proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    They are related because the changes to legendaries are basically a balance change. And if you want to balance change, you CANT nerf our wrists (which are the best legendary for us now) to make it closer to other legendaries and then at the same time not touch some other classes legendaries that do A LOT MORE DAMAGE than our wrists OR even that warrior trinket that is just INSANE and better than actually any legendary.
    Because in the end then this isnt a balance change, its a nerf for priests (and monks) while some other classes that have better legenedaries and sinergies with trinkets are left untouched and now even better than before. That is the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    He's not wrong though. AS and SL do for all intents and purposes, play the exact same way. The only real change is that when multidotting with AS, you would SW:P everything, then VT, while you do the opposite with SL.
    Ye, it was a joke. Not that it wasn't true though!
    Yeah, he is right in that the point of each spec is the same, in regards to (multi)dotting and managing cds/vf uptime/stacks, but there are pretty key differences in succeeding with each spec. AS allows for more movement early void form, more forgiving multidotting etc.

In other news, I'm super excited about the new sephuz. I don't see how it can stay like this though. It is already insane for dungeons and fights where you can benefit from the proc on CD. Happy with all the changes to the legendaries really. Bracers got an appropriate nerf, buff to head. I think shoulders should get an additional stack, but definitely won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    i love the DH legendaries buff.

eye beam spam
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is only a tooltip change. Eye beam always crits.

I'm fairly happy with the changes to head for 7.2 as it's one of only two legendaries I have (bracers and head). I feel like I am missing out having a pure utility item and despite grinding for more have not seen anything more DPS based drop.

Bracers dropping from 4% to 3% isn't ideal but as long as the spec is balanced I will wait and see what this brings.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    They are related because the changes to legendaries are basically a balance change. And if you want to balance change, you CANT nerf our wrists (which are the best legendary for us now) to make it closer to other legendaries and then at the same time not touch some other classes legendaries that do A LOT MORE DAMAGE than our wrists OR even that warrior trinket that is just INSANE and better than actually any legendary.
    Because in the end then this isnt a balance change, its a nerf for priests (and monks) while some other classes that have better legenedaries and sinergies with trinkets are left untouched and now even better than before. That is the bullshit.
    You're making the assumption that every priest has the bracers though, but they don't. Seems more like you're just salty that your item got nerfed.