Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Even after playing hours nonstop with the switch it never got even remotely to being warm, I'm sure that there is more to that issue than people like to admit , or at least I hope...
    I think its just a spot on the screen that's hot.

This is all I could find on the topic atm, Not sure how true the story is.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...een_protector/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-13 at 11:34 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Even after playing hours nonstop with the switch it never got even remotely to being warm, I'm sure that there is more to that issue than people like to admit , or at least I hope...
    It's getting up to 50c docked which is pretty damn warm for a tablet and yes will fuck with any non glass screen protector.(and even for a TG one you better let it sit on there for 12-24 hours before docking the thing or it can easily heat up that adhesive.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-13 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's getting up to 50c docked which is pretty damn warm for a tablet and yes will fuck with any non glass screen protector.(and even for a TG one you better let it sit on there for 12-24 hours before docking the thing or it can easily heat up that adhesive.
    IMO your kinda dammed if you do and dammed if you don't ether way.

Ill be playing mine mostly docked so I haven't decided if ill get a TG one or not. They could have made the dock sooooo much better then what they did.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If that's true that's just sad. It shows how weak the hardware really is and how Nintendo really did cram 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack.

(Not saying The Switch is a bad system) Just that its rushed.

Looking forward to playing mine tomorrow, will also be picking up The Binding of Isaac.

Also Has-Been Heroes looks like it mite be fun.
    Honestly, I would take Shovel Knight over BoI :/ It's cheaper too.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Honestly, I would take Shovel Knight over BoI :/ It's cheaper too.
    That's digital and I am really wanting to avoid buying anything digital on The Switch right now. I want more details about there market place before I do.

BoI is a hardcopy and I like the game enough to where I wouldn't mind having a hardcopy of it. I only got the first version that was on PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I let mine sit for 26 hours and currently have it in the dock with Zelda on to see what happens.

It was definitely a snugger fit with the amfilm one I will say that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's digital and I am really wanting to avoid buying anything digital on The Switch right now. I want more details about there market place before I do.

BoI is a hardcopy and I like the game enough to where I wouldn't mind having a hardcopy of it. I only got the first version that was on PS4.
    Oh come on, I threw away $700 worth of downloads on my Wii away on a whim one day :P

I still have $600 worth of downloads on my 3DS. I'll be holding on to those.....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    can somebody explain to me why the portable version of Zelda is 720p and runs fine and then the docked version is 900p and runs poorly? Why did they think that they can have the docked version run at a much higher resolution? The hardware is the same. The docking doesn't enhance the console.

This makes no sense !

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Oh come on, I threw away $700 worth of downloads on my Wii away on a whim one day :P

I still have $600 worth of downloads on my 3DS. I'll be holding on to those.....
    Ya I don't have that kind of money to throw around

I like collecting anyway, so this adds another hardcopy to my collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    can somebody explain to me why the portable version of Zelda is 720p and runs fine and then the docked version is 900p and runs poorly? Why did they think that they can have the docked version run at a much higher resolution? The hardware is the same. The docking doesn't enhance the console.

This makes no sense !
    When the system is docked the GPU is boosted to normal performance, That performance boost isn't enough to run the game at 900p (50% more pixels). That is the small version of it. They need to tweak some settings or drop it to 720p docked to fix the issue.

Deleted
    When the system is docked the GPU is boosted to normal performance, That performance boost isn't enough to run the game at 900p (50% more pixels). That is the small version of it. They need to tweak some settings or drop it to 720p docked to fix the issue.
    I hope they bring the Nintendo Switch Pro soon so I can play Zelda at full glory

This makes no sense !
    Probably because it's not running on the battery (but even then there's word that the Switch can't charge past 90% while playing Zelda docked). I'm more surprised that it runs at different resolutions at all. I figured it would just run the game at 900p downscaled to 720p, but I was clearly wrong.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I hope they bring the Nintendo Switch Pro soon so I can play Zelda at full glory
    Not happening for at lease 2 years if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I don't have that kind of money to throw around

I like collecting anyway, so this adds another hardcopy to my collection.
    Oh don't worry, I feel you as I'll be ordering retail copies when I can like Puyo Puyo. The $10-$20 games like Blaster Master Zero and Voez will be downloaded still.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Not happening for at lease 2 years if at all.
    I know what to do then !

If that's true that's just sad. It shows how weak the hardware really is and how Nintendo really did cram 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack.

(Not saying The Switch is a bad system) Just that its rushed.

Looking forward to playing mine tomorrow, will also be picking up The Binding of Isaac.

Also Has-Been Heroes looks like it mite be fun.
    Actually, I have a problem with my one of my wlan adapters. It's probably trying to scan the area for other points, and it's causing my games to freeze for a second or two every minute. My computer should be powerful enough to do a thousand of these pr second, but that's just how the software is designed.
    Mother pus bucket!

I know what to do then !
    roflmao...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Oh don't worry, I feel you as I'll be ordering retail copies when I can like Puyo Puyo. The $10-$20 games like Blaster Master Zero and Voez will be downloaded still.
    I was going to get Puyo Puyo on The Switch but it seems its coming to Ps4 and is $10 cheaper so ill be buying it there.

Odd its $10 cheaper on Ps4 (Hardcopy) vs The Switch (Hardcopy) version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Only issue I had so far was last night, after finishing playing Zelda, I hit the Home button to close the software and put the console to sleep, but for some reason, the Home button did nothing.
    Neither would the screenshot button.

The game was still running fine up until I undocked the console, and plugged in a single JoyCon to check, and then it just completely froze up. Had to force it to shut down, but it booted up just fine again. Granted, this was after...4-5 hours of playing? Undocked, and docked.
    Not sure if it's a one time issue, or going to happen again. I would imagine somehow whatever runs the home software crashed somehow, but that's my uneducated guess, since I don't know much about that end.
    Well, I've just run into my own issue. I've been playing Zelda handheld for a good bit today. Now the console won't go to sleep, Home button doesn't work, Home menu will come up, but I can't select any options (neither by controller or by touch screen). Gonna restart my Switch and hope I don't have a BSOD.

Edit: Oh boy. It won't let me turn the console off. The power menu won't let me select options or touch any. I might have to just let the battery drain overnight.

Edit 2: Whew. Found out I just wasn't holding the power button long enough for a hard reset.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-03-14 at 03:12 AM.

Edit: Oh boy. It won't let me turn the console off. The power menu won't let me select options or touch any. I might have to just let the battery drain overnight.

Edit 2: Whew. Found out I just wasn't holding the power button long enough for a hard reset.
    Did it reboot just fine?

Your guy's horror posts scare me lol, I get my switch tomorrow.

Did it reboot just fine?

Your guy's horror posts scare me lol, I get my switch tomorrow.
    Yeah, probably just an OS or software crash. It was running pretty hot though.

Yeah, probably just an OS or software crash. It was running pretty hot though.
    I wonder how long it will take to get some 3rd party cooling pads/fans for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Only issue I had so far was last night, after finishing playing Zelda, I hit the Home button to close the software and put the console to sleep, but for some reason, the Home button did nothing.
    Neither would the screenshot button.

The game was still running fine up until I undocked the console, and plugged in a single JoyCon to check, and then it just completely froze up. Had to force it to shut down, but it booted up just fine again. Granted, this was after...4-5 hours of playing? Undocked, and docked.
    Not sure if it's a one time issue, or going to happen again. I would imagine somehow whatever runs the home software crashed somehow, but that's my uneducated guess, since I don't know much about that end.
    this happened to me today. apparently it has to do with the setting to match the tv power. the only thing is mine never froze. the buttons stopped working and i couldnt get my switch to turn off until i put it back in the dock and turned my tv off.

apparently this happens if you dock it after it going dead or sometimes if the system was in sleep mode when you docked it instead of on.

you can turn the setting off in the menu. and if you forget to turn it off you just have to turn your tv off while its docked and then undock it and everything should return to normal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552