Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.2 Legendary changes?

There was a frontpage post about them nerfing throughput legendaries or buffing the crappier leggo's nobody wants for 7.2 so that leggos could be used more on a "boss by boss" basis, and that it was less drastically shitty to get the wrong one.

Any word on what these changes might be?

Deleted
    One must assume that if any are being looked at for demon hunter, it would be AotHG being nerfed, it fits all criteria for things they consider to be too strong. Possibly some small buffs to others like Achor, most likely getting a stat buff alongwith other classes survivability legendaries.

Of course thats just speculation, but its what i would consider most likely.

Deleted
    I don't think AotHG needs more nerfs. Sure it's probably the strongest overall legendary, but there are top10 parses without it on every mythic boss. Cindaria is there on most top parses as well, but KJ trinket and legendary shoulders are often represented in top parses too. Raddons is used on Skorpyon and Tichondrius.

Obvious buff/fix candidates are Achor, the Eternal Hunger and Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers as these two are just useless now. Boots are weak as well, but you can make some use of them at least.

What's a "throughput" legendary?

thx god i have all 10 legenfary and don't care whatever powder they use before making ANY decision )

10+ Year Old Account
    Vengeance shoulders should be changed hopefully.

If they change Aothg right when I finally get it (I am at 8/10 legendarys atm, shoulders and ring missing) I am getting a mental break down.

TBH it won't surprise me if Blizzard instead of buffing shit legendaries nerfs the good ones. That is literally what retard organization like them would do.

Deleted
    6 legs, none are shoulders, trink, belt or ring so if they nerf that ring before I get it and don't buff the dblades proc they will have to lock me away.

For years of years checking this website daily i decided to create an account and type my opinion about those legendarys. We will get all legendarys thats what blizzard promised, but its really low and very very stupid system. Me and my friends started playing 10 days after expansion is relesed so far for all those months each of us got 7 legendarys, trust or not we have 27 legendarys. In this number of legendarys only 1 legendary is BIS, we have some secnd bis legendarys but they are not even CLOSE to BiS ones. Best in Slot is best in slot that means alot in World of Warcraft. Of 10 legendarys me personaly i looted 1 bis and 6 crappy ones. Without legendarys in this game right now you are nothing if you are playing on high end game level. They have to make vendor or even quest line to open it to be able to switch legendary for legendary. System atm is way too stupid, we also got our last 2 legendarys pretty fast all of us, hope we will get last legendarys that we need realy fast since its starting go be anoying. Luck sistem of legendarys is not on our side, if you had no luck to loot bis legendarys after 140 days played since expansion relesed then good luck while DPSing. Thats the reason why blizzard should change it totaly and they will do something about it i belive they have to incrise drop rate. I got 6 alts, and only 1 bis legendary of 16 that i totaly own. Give us VENDOR!

Deleted
    Aothg has been severely nerfed several times. If anything buff boots and bracers to increase damage on single target more in line to the damage increase the belt, ring or shoulders give.

For next exp don't create legendaries that increase dps, just utility/item stick ones.

The biggest problem is that anger not only increases damage but also smooths out the rotation so much.

Deleted
    Really see no point in nerfing ring. That is such a core part of making DHs enjoyable, I have mine glued to my finger.
    If they nerf it I would only find acceptable changing the bonus to something completely different and fixing our Fury generation through skills / talents. Sitting around for 5 seconds with no fury is complete bs.

Deleted
    People saying that AotHG shouldnt be nerfed because its already been nerfed are forgetting that its still one of the biggest DPS increases compared to other legendaries not just for DH but similar to other classes. They say they are hitting frost DK helm because its that much better than the rest of the legendaries that DK has, same for AotHG.

I seems they want most legendaries to confer an average output similar to cinidaria's 3% (assuming even dps, though not the case with havoc). With specific legendaries being stronger in certain situations. AotHG clearly falls in the "way too strong compared to the other legendaries" group.

Just looking at wclogs, it appears in about 81 of the of the top 10 parses for the 10 bosses, 78 of 90 if you exclude Skorpyron, which clearly radons is going to be the cheesiest there. There is no argument to make that it isn't by far the strongest DH legendary.

It would be nice for them to bring all the others up, but i can see them bringing AotHG down.

Quote Originally Posted by zacsafus View Post
    People saying that AotHG shouldnt be nerfed because its already been nerfed are forgetting that its still one of the biggest DPS increases compared to other legendaries not just for DH but similar to other classes. They say they are hitting frost DK helm because its that much better than the rest of the legendaries that DK has, same for AotHG.

I seems they want most legendaries to confer an average output similar to cinidaria's 3% (assuming even dps, though not the case with havoc). With specific legendaries being stronger in certain situations. AotHG clearly falls in the "way too strong compared to the other legendaries" group.

Just looking at wclogs, it appears in about 81 of the of the top 10 parses for the 10 bosses, 78 of 90 if you exclude Skorpyron, which clearly radons is going to be the cheesiest there. There is no argument to make that it isn't by far the strongest DH legendary.

It would be nice for them to bring all the others up, but i can see them bringing AotHG down.
    what are you on about? 2 out of 4 best havoc dps legs are neutral ones and shoulders need very specific gear setup and fight lenght to be worth it. And if i literally right now switched aothg for shitty 885 ring and switched my 895 chest to achor, that has also meh stats, I lose 30k dps, thats with 715k and 685k difference of 4.4% - switching from best to worst, to worse stats and losing 200 agi socket... and only in sims... the ring effect is like 4% at best, it just feels so good and powerful, because it smooths out rotation and improves gameplay, the ring simply doesnt need yet another nerf, buff the damn achor, wrists and loramus to be atleast somewhat worth using, dont promote nerfing the only GOOD havoc legendary...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    what are you on about? 2 out of 4 best havoc dps legs are neutral ones and shoulders need very specific gear setup and fight lenght to be worth it. And if i literally right now switched aothg for shitty 885 ring and switched my 895 chest to achor, that has also meh stats, I lose 30k dps, thats with 715k and 685k difference of 4.4% - switching from best to worst, to worse stats and losing 200 agi socket... and only in sims... the ring effect is like 4% at best, it just feels so good and powerful, because it smooths out rotation and improves gameplay, the ring simply doesnt need yet another nerf, buff the damn achor, wrists and loramus to be atleast somewhat worth using, dont promote nerfing the only GOOD havoc legendary...
    Or like the other guy said change the ring to something different and fix the fury generation in general. Really no point in gating the enjoyment of a class behind a legendary. And btw ah 4-5% damage increase is still way more than what the other legendaries offer. So if Blizz was trying to put the legendaries in line they'd have to either nerf the ring or buff the rest.
    Problem is the ring is just universally good. You can't balance the ring without making it useless. It's either strong in all situations or meh in all situations, since we can always use the fury we generate with it, be it single target or multi target.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2017-03-13 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Or like the other guy said change the ring to something different and fix the fury generation in general. Really no point in gating the enjoyment of a class behind a legendary. And btw ah 4-5% damage increase is still way more than what the other legendaries offer. So if Blizz was trying to put the legendaries in line they'd have to either nerf the ring or buff the rest.
    Problem is the ring is just universally good. You can't balance the ring without making it useless. It's either strong in all situations or meh in all situations, since we can always use the fury we generate with it, be it single target or multi target.
    I feel that Blizz should just give up on the "niche" situations and their aim instead be that legendaries are good in all situations, but change rotation up in some manner. For instance, instead of making Wrist weapons only good in 3-target cleave situations, they should make it so that in all situations, Throw Glaive becomes more of a priority ability. Raddon's should buff Eye Beam and make it good for single target situations. Obviously there would still be the best ONE. The one we would hunt, but if done well, it would only be 1 or 2% better rather than a full-blown 5% better than what we would have.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    4% ring seems just fair compared to 3% cynidaria, which is neutral and KJC, which is pretty close to cyni too, but grows exponentially stronger on aoe. and you vastly underestimate plenty of legendaries if you think 4% from ring is anywhere near broken, especially when other havoc legendaries are extremely underwhelming as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I feel that Blizz should just give up on the "niche" situations and their aim instead be that legendaries are good in all situations, but change rotation up in some manner. For instance, instead of making Wrist weapons only good in 3-target cleave situations, they should make it so that in all situations, Throw Glaive becomes more of a priority ability. Raddon's should buff Eye Beam and make it good for single target situations. Obviously there would still be the best ONE. The one we would hunt, but if done well, it would only be 1 or 2% better rather than a full-blown 5% better than what we would have.
    You think you want total homogenization until you get it. Then you're bored because everything basically does the same thing in every situation. Legendary effects certainly could use some refining, but situational use items add variety, character, and complexity to your gameplay.

If you truly don't want niche, then what you should be really asking for is just a bunch of stat sticks for various equipment slots. I'm not sure there's a big appetite for such simplicity, especially with something that's supposed to be "legendary."

edit: come to think of it, doesn't 7.2 bring a bunch of stat-stick legendaries? So looks like Blizzard has caved to this feedback. We'll see how people like it I guess. I, for one, like swapping out a few pieces of gear based on the encounter. Wearing the same shit on every boss, raid vs. M+ seems incredibly dull.
    Last edited by Ysho; 2017-03-13 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    In fact from sims you lose about 43k dropping ring for achor or radons. Which is too big a difference, the frost dk helm is about 20k above the next best legendary for frost, which is about the difference between AotHG and Cinidaria for us, 757k down to 734k from sims. I'm not saying its 100%, but i think its likely that it gets nerfed. I'd love for them to fix our fury generation without the ring, but of all the classes ive played, DH have the least to complain about so far this expac in terms of class design.