Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Handled much better how? Fired on a friday and given a fruit basket on their way out the door?
    Given forwarning and then more time when the actual order was handed down.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Good, if he is so thin skinned that he gets triggered that easily, he has no business as a prosecutor.
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this.

If you think lawyers who work felonies and violent crimes in one of the toughest and most crime-ridden parts of the United States are "thin skinned" and "triggered", I'd suggest you get off the internet for a while. Out there in the real world, people with responsibilities aren't so silly. But they are principled. And Session/Trump is against their principles.

"Good" you say? You won't be saying "good" when then better lawyers who work in the States wrack up victories in the courts to stop your President and his emaciated DoJ. You'll be saying "how could we have lost".

Remember this conversation then. Because that's exactly how. We even saw this in the original Muslim ban litigation, when even the conservative judge appointed by Reagan thought that the Feds had no argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how dictators get started. Firing an attorney after you said you wouldn't? Really?

Deleted
    Trump is the president. You don't refuse the president. As simple as that. If everyone starts refusing authority then we end up like in one of the dystopian movies where punks rule the streets with weapons and vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    Trump is the president. You don't refuse the president. As simple as that. If everyone starts refusing authority then we end up like in one of the dystopian movies where punks rule the streets with weapons and vehicles
    You are correct Trump is the President. Trump Is Not King, Trump Is Not God and his word is not law. Trump is not above the system hes in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this.

If you think lawyers who work felonies and violent crimes in one of the toughest and most crime-ridden parts of the United States are "thin skinned" and "triggered", I'd suggest you get off the internet for a while. Out there in the real world, people with responsibilities aren't so silly. But they are principled. And Session/Trump is against their principles.

"Good" you say? You won't be saying "good" when then better lawyers who work in the States wrack up victories in the courts to stop your President and his emaciated DoJ. You'll be saying "how could we have lost".

Remember this conversation then. Because that's exactly how. We even saw this in the original Muslim ban litigation, when even the conservative judge appointed by Reagan thought that the Feds had no argument.
    He's not a serious poster. You can check his posting history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You are correct Trump is the President. Trump Is Not King, Trump Is Not God and his word is not law. Trump is not above the system hes in.
    That is very true and that is why in God We Trust and our founding fathers. God made it possible for Trump to win and I don't dare to say what God thinks, but he probably had a very good reason for doing so. Very wise man he is

That is very true and that is why in God We Trust and our founding fathers. God made it possible for Trump to win and I don't dare to say what God thinks, but he probably had a very good reason for doing so. Very wise man he is
    Ya not going to touch this....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Ya not going to touch this....
    It's all okay. Not everyone has faith in the lord. I am not going to force it on you, but I hope you are okay with me in believing in something bigger than myself

So everyone is required to think like Trump, act like Trump, be like Trump. Got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So everyone is required to think like Trump, act like Trump, be like Trump. Got it.
    That's why people voted for him yeah. To represent the people of the USA

... did you seriously just cite Divine Mandate for Trump?

There is no possible way I can debate this without violating at least half the rules of the forum. Believe in whatever you like, but other people voting for Trump doesn't force me to think his way.

Deleted
    ... did you seriously just cite Divine Mandate for Trump?

There is no possible way I can debate this without violating at least half the rules of the forum. Believe in whatever you like, but other people voting for Trump doesn't force me to think his way.
    Please speak freely friend. I am not going to judge you or your words. I value honestly

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, let's get back on topic. This is drifting in to religious discussion, which is a forbidden topic on this forum.

Please speak freely friend. I am not going to judge you or your words. I value honestly
    Perhaps you should read the forum rules? It is against the rules of this site to debate or discuss religion, so that's not going to happen. There are also a number of rules regarding being respectful of others. That said, I'll say what I can, in case you're actually serious about valuing honesty.

1) Your position seems to be that a person who is chosen to lead is inherently right by virtue of being chosen... which, while certainly in line with Divine Mandate, is so far removed from reality that I cannot accurately describe it. Reality has provided ample evidence of that in the past, in the form of many leaders who have been factually wrong on various points and topics.
    2) A civilian is not actually obligated to follow an order given by the President of the United States. A military member is, and government agencies are, but that's about it. There may be consequences (in fact, given Trump's ego, I can practically guarantee there would be as severe consequences as he could arrange), but legally speaking civilians are not required to follow the President's orders per se. They're required to follow the law.
    3) An elected representative is just that: a representative. They speak for the group, they act for the group. They do not speak for each individual member. Individuals are still permitted to hold their own beliefs, and given that we have freedom of the speech and of the press they are also permitted to act against the President, so long as they do it legally.
    4) We are not, we have never been, and if there is any mercy in the universe we will never be a Theocracy. Regardless of any individual's religious beliefs, our laws are secular and apply equally to everyone regardless of their faith (or lack thereof). Stating that God made it possible for Trump to win is completely meaningless to anyone who does not share your faith, and completely meaningless in any kind of legal sense. It holds no weight, and should not be used as a discussion point. Believe it if you like, but it's not a reason for anyone but you and those who share your faith to agree with Trump. (That ignores the part where you would need to prove that God favored Trump, unless you're using the statement in a broader "God is responsible for everything" sense, in which case the statement would be meaningless because it would boil down to little more than "this is a thing that happened.")

So when you add that all up, whether it was respectful or not, Preet Bharara had every right to refuse President Trump's request. President Trump, in turn, had every right to fire him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    And if no one ever refused authority for the sole reason that they're the "authority" then you end up with a dictator. So good luck.
    No the US is protected so this doesn't happen. If Trump becomes like Hussein (I don't mean Obamas middlename) we can vote him out in less than 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you should read the forum rules? It is against the rules of this site to debate or discuss religion, so that's not going to happen. There are also a number of rules regarding being respectful of others. That said, I'll say what I can, in case you're actually serious about valuing honesty.

1) Your position seems to be that a person who is chosen to lead is inherently right by virtue of being chosen... which, while certainly in line with Divine Mandate, is so far removed from reality that I cannot accurately describe it. Reality has provided ample evidence of that in the past, in the form of many leaders who have been factually wrong on various points and topics.
    2) A civilian is not actually obligated to follow an order given by the President of the United States. A military member is, and government agencies are, but that's about it. There may be consequences (in fact, given Trump's ego, I can practically guarantee there would be as severe consequences as he could arrange), but legally speaking civilians are not required to follow the President's orders per se. They're required to follow the law.
    3) An elected representative is just that: a representative. They speak for the group, they act for the group. They do not speak for each individual member. Individuals are still permitted to hold their own beliefs, and given that we have freedom of the speech and of the press they are also permitted to act against the President, so long as they do it legally.
    4) We are not, we have never been, and if there is any mercy in the universe we will never be a Theocracy. Regardless of any individual's religious beliefs, our laws are secular and apply equally to everyone regardless of their faith (or lack thereof). Stating that God made it possible for Trump to win is completely meaningless to anyone who does not share your faith, and completely meaningless in any kind of legal sense. It holds no weight, and should not be used as a discussion point. Believe it if you like, but it's not a reason for anyone but you and those who share your faith to agree with Trump. (That ignores the part where you would need to prove that God favored Trump, unless you're using the statement in a broader "God is responsible for everything" sense, in which case the statement would be meaningless because it would boil down to little more than "this is a thing that happened.")

So when you add that all up, whether it was respectful or not, Preet Bharara had every right to refuse President Trump's request. President Trump, in turn, had every right to fire him.

thank you for thoroughly sharing your thoughts. I appreciate that.

That's why people voted for him yeah. To represent the people of the USA
    A majority didn't vote for him...

Deleted
    A majority didn't vote for him...
    yeah not everybody voted. I even heard that many dead people voted for Hillary. A lot of fraud and manipulation going on.

But he is president now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    But you said

So, if Trump said "I'm president forever now." Then obviously we refuse him. Which you seem to be agreeing with now so all good.
    People may not like Trump and that is okay. I don't like muslims and that is okay too.

I honestly believe that Trump does honor his country and the office of the president so much that he would never do that.

If in 10 years he is still president then you can call me out, but I believe in all my heart that he is doing everything by the book.

yeah not everybody voted. I even heard that many dead people voted for Hillary. A lot of fraud and manipulation going on.

But he is president now.
    And I heard at the end of each rainbow there is a pot of gold.........

Guess what the bolded and my comment have in common.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like muslims and that is okay too.
    Not liking Trump and not liking Muslims is two totally 100% different things.

Deleted
    And I heard at the end of each rainbow there is a pot of gold.........

Guess what the bolded and my comment have in common.

That we never will know the truth, because you can't get to the bottom of a rainbow same as with getting to the bottom of Hillarys actions?

- - - Updated - - -

Not liking Trump and not liking Muslims is two totally 100% different things.
    I don't like what muslims say and what they do and nobody can take that away from them.
    You don't like Trump and I don't like muslim.

I am not going to tell you what you can do. You can dislike Trump for all I care. I have no right over you. You are a free human individual. So am I.