Superdata has 1.5 million Switch sales WW tracked.

So yea, it's not flying off the shelves there just isn't any of them to sell really.

By comparison in 10 days the Switch has sold half of what the PS4 sold in 1 day in NA.

If Nintendo is to be believed that means there is only 500k left to be split WW for shipments for the rest of the month.

This shit is gonna end up having a lower install base then the Wii U did after 1.5 months if Nintendo tries to keep this forced shortage going. By comparison the Wii U was at 3 mil sold at the end of december roughly 1.5 months after launch.

TLDR: Don't buy the hype of the "best launch" MS type PR Nintendo is spouting. Yea most successful launch because you shipped the most units, and now you're not shipping many more of them like usual. Interestingly enough the only launches Nintendo didn't deliberately force shortages on was the Wii U and Gamecube(Wii U had a deluxe shortage at first and Gamecube had none at all), both pretty much being their largest failures outside of the VB.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-14 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Superdata has 1.5 million Switch sales WW tracked.

So yea, it's not flying off the shelves there just isn't any of them to sell really.

By comparison in 10 days the Switch has sold half of what the PS4 sold in 1 day in NA.

If Nintendo is to be believed that means there is only 500k left to be split WW for shipments for the rest of the month.

This shit is gonna end up having a lower install base then the Wii U did after 1.5 months if Nintendo tries to keep this forced shortage going. By comparison the Wii U was at 3 mil sold at the end of december roughly 1.5 months after launch.

TLDR: Don't buy the hype of the "best launch" MS type PR Nintendo is spouting. Yea most successful launch because you shipped the most units, and now you're not shipping many more of them like usual. Interestingly enough the only launches Nintendo didn't deliberately force shortages on was the Wii U and Gamecube(Wii U had a deluxe shortage at first and Gamecube had none at all), both pretty much being their largest failures outside of the VB.
    I think comparing a Q1 launch with a primetime launch for the WiiU is skewing the odds a bit too much.

Curious why it matters so much anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    I think comparing a Q1 launch with a primetime launch for the WiiU is skewing the odds a bit too much.
    Early adoption does not have sales. Holiday season is irrelevant to early adoption, hell you couldn't even find a PS4 to buy on black friday in it's launch month if you wanted to. The PS4 was pretty much sold out for the entire holiday season it launched in and it wasn't because Sony forced it, it was because people where literally buying the system faster then they could make them. That clearly isn't the case here as Nintendo's supply is laughable.

Nintendo is foolishly thinking because they shipped far more Wii Us at launch(and the deluxe was sold out/no one wanted their shitty basic unit) and it failed that the reverse situation will work for them when in reality it means jack shit except killing their own momentum.

How did the limited amiibo stock work out? Oh yea, no one gives a shit about the amiibo after Nintendo reprinted them all. People probably don't even realize no amiibos are rare anymore because by time Nintendo got around to making the supply situation good they forgot all about them / didn't give a crap anymore.

Curious why it matters so much anyway?
    It matters because people eat up PR spin when Nintendo carefully launched with just enough units to say "it's our most successful launch ever!" then proceeds to ship jack diddly shit after the launch to force a shortage and try to act like there is some massive demand for the system.

It matters because there are probably people out there who would like to own a Switch right now but don't because Nintendo is being Nintendo and purposely holding back stock.

But I forgot, you're not allowed to call Nintendo on their bullshit in this thread or someone gets mad like it's /r/NintendoSwitch
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-14 at 09:20 AM.

Early adoption does not have sales. Holiday season is irrelevant to early adoption, hell you couldn't even find a PS4 to buy on black friday in it's launch month if you wanted to. The PS4 was pretty much sold out for the entire holiday season it launched in and it wasn't because Sony forced it, it was because people where literally buying the system faster then they could make them. That clearly isn't the case here as Nintendo's supply is laughable.

Nintendo is foolishly thinking because they shipped far more Wii Us at launch(and the deluxe was sold out/no one wanted their shitty basic unit) and it failed that the reverse situation will work for them when in reality it means jack shit except killing their own momentum.

How did the limited amiibo stock work out? Oh yea, no one gives a shit about the amiibo after Nintendo reprinted them all. People probably don't even realize no amiibos are rare anymore because by time Nintendo got around to making the supply situation good they forgot all about them / didn't give a crap anymore.
    Zzzzzzz

It matters because people eat up PR spin when Nintendo carefully launched with just enough units to say "it's our most successful launch ever!" then proceeds to ship jack diddly shit after the launch to force a shortage and try to act like there is some massive demand for the system.

It matters because there are probably people out there who would like to own a Switch right now but don't because Nintendo is being Nintendo and purposely holding back stock.
    So you are protecting the weak minded? How very noble of you lol.
    Seriously, who cares? Every company spins its numbers, that's part and parcel of PR. If it was something outside the norm then fair enough but if everyone's doing it then it's just normal. Hardly a big deal. I'd imagine you're just preaching to the choir here anyway. Perhaps you ought to contact the DailyMail or some other drama rag.

But I forgot, you're not allowed to call Nintendo on their bullshit in this thread or someone gets mad like it's /r/NintendoSwitch
    This passive agressiveness is just flat out lame.

https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status/841401474450051072

Nin-ten-do. I'm coming. I'm coming, Nin-ten-do #blizzard2017
    With a gif from the Go God Go mini-arc where Cartman is freezing himself to wait for a Wii.

Could this be a tease for a Switch release of South Park: The Fractured But Whole?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...aplan/dew8wlb/

Overwatch Game Director Jeff Kaplan is interested in a Switch port.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    So you are protecting the weak minded? How very noble of you lol.
    Seriously, who cares? Every company spins its numbers, that's part and parcel of PR. If it was something outside the norm then fair enough but if everyone's doing it then it's just normal. Hardly a big deal. I'd imagine you're just preaching to the choir here anyway. Perhaps you ought to contact the DailyMail or some other drama rag.
    Actually, no. Everyone doesn't do this. I never saw Nintendo try to spin like this under Iwata nor does Sony or Valve ever try to spin doctor shit. This type of shit was pretty much exclusive to Microsoft Xbox division in the major gaming markets and now clearly Nintendo is trying to be them. Hell Reggie alone sounds more like a MS PR rep then the Reggie we all know the last few months.

Nintendo and Zelda cannot be spoken negatively about ever, the fanboys will make sure you pay for it. The switch is a meh piece of console/hand held its okay. Hand Helds are a dying trend unless its shit mobile P2W or pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    Hand Helds are a dying trend unless its shit mobile P2W or pokemon
    Even to this day the 3DS still sells well and its over 5 years old. Hand Held's isn't close to dying and The Switch is a huge step for Hand Held gaming.

The issue is Nintendo keeping the dam thing in stock. 1.5 million unit's sold (in a week) is nothing to sneeze at.

Keep it in stock, Keep games coming out for it and it will do well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even to this day the 3DS still sells well and its over 5 years old. Hand Held's isn't close to dying and The Switch is a huge step for Hand Held gaming.

The issue is Nintendo keeping the dam thing in stock. 1.5 million unit's sold (in a week) is nothing to sneeze at.

Keep it in stock, Keep games coming out for it and it will do well.
    Compared to consoles like the ps4 or xbox its laughable. Hand Helds are big for 1-2 games a year mabe 3 then they die until that series makes another game. 3DSis big for pokemon then it dies for a while. it sells well because of Pokemon, name another console seller on the 3DS.

Compared to consoles like the ps4 or xbox its laughable. Hand Helds are big for 1-2 games a year mabe 3 then they die until that series makes another game. 3DSis big for pokemon then it dies for a while. it sells well because of Pokemon, name another console seller on the 3DS.
    1) Fire Emblem.
    2) Zelda.
    3) Smash Bros.
    4) Mario.
    5) Pokemon "You already said this"
    6) Monster Hunter.
    7) A slew of 3rd party and 2nd party titles.

If Nintendo kept the dam thing in stock it would have likely matched the Ps4 or at lease XB1. Don't chalk up lack of sells as a lack of interest. Nintendo shipped 2.5 million of these systems and most (If not all) have sold. As long as they keep games and systems coming it will be fine.

It doesn't need to sell PS4/XB1 levels to be a big hit. Even the Xbox 360/PS3 didn't sell as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

1) Fire Emblem.
    2) Zelda.
    3) Smash Bros.
    4) Mario.
    5) Pokemon "You already said this"
    6) Monster Hunter.
    7) A slew of 3rd party and 2nd party titles.

If Nintendo kept the dam thing in stock it would have likely matched the Ps4 or at lease XB1. Don't chalk up lack of sells as a lack of interest. Nintendo shipped 2.5 million of these systems and most (If not all) have sold. As long as they keep games and systems coming it will be fine.

It doesn't need to sell PS4/XB1 levels to be a big hit. Even the Xbox 360/PS3 didn't sell as well.
    Are we talking about the Wii U or Switch? I said 3ds sellers. Monster hunter was okay at best and very few people i ever heard mentioned it. Very niche game. Smash brothers, uhhh....I dont know if you follow Smash Brothers but no one considers the newest smash brothers as a game, 0 competitive games are played on it. Mario and Zelda for sure but thats on every Nintendo game. fire emblem most niche RPG ever, doesnt get half the numbers most typical rpg's get

I have a 3DS bought one for my gf also, the only games we ever touch on it are Pokemon like im assuming 75% of the player base with a console.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds.
    So port remakes, SeemsGood.
    Last edited by Nmkyungri; 2017-03-14 at 02:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This morning I appreciated another thing about the Switch that I hadn't considered before. I woke up. The power was out in my house (snowstorm). After a few minutes of wandering around being pissed at the snow and how its long overdue for our country to transition to below ground power, I realized I can still play Zelda. I picked up the Switch out of its dock and my game was in sleep mode still from last night. Hell yeah. Also, screw you centaurs. Not only can you outrun me and have giant ass weapons that deal half my health in one swing, but you can teleport too? Seriously? Also, their AI is pretty evil. The one I fought this morning couldn't get me as I was hiding behind a rock, so he aimed a shock arrow at the puddle I was standing in. Well played, centaur... well played.

Are we talking about the Wii U or Switch? I said 3ds sellers. Monster hunter was okay at best and very few people i ever heard mentioned it. Very niche game. Smash brothers, uhhh....I dont know if you follow Smash Brothers but no one considers the newest smash brothers as a game, 0 competitive games are played on it. Mario and Zelda for sure but thats on every Nintendo game. fire emblem most niche RPG ever, doesnt get half the numbers most typical rpg's get
    Nope was talking 3DS and all of those games are on 3DS.

Also I wouldn't call selling 2 million unit's nich
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/f...lem-awakening/

or nearly 2million unit's for the new one.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85716/fire-emblem-fates/

Or nearly 4 million
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85569/monster-hunter-x/

7.7mil 3DS sells (Outselling the 4.4mil on Wii-U)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73239/s...wii-u-and-3ds/

The Switch will do fine when it comes to games even more so if Nintendo combanes there Console and Mobile division's.

Nope was talking 3DS and all of those games are on 3DS.

Also I wouldn't call selling 2 million unit's nich
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/f...lem-awakening/

or nearly 2million unit's for the new one.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85716/fire-emblem-fates/

Or nearly 4 million
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85569/monster-hunter-x/

7.7mil 3DS sells (Outselling the 4.4mil on Wii-U)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73239/s...wii-u-and-3ds/

The Switch will do fine when it comes to games even more so if Nintendo combanes there Console and Mobile division's.
    How many of those Super Smash bro games are played at EVO? or any other super smash tourney, the games that arent played on that are considered a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This morning I appreciated another thing about the Switch that I hadn't considered before. I woke up. The power was out in my house (snowstorm). After a few minutes of wandering around being pissed at the snow and how its long overdue for our country to transition to below ground power, I realized I can still play Zelda. I picked up the Switch out of its dock and my game was in sleep mode still from last night. Hell yeah. Also, screw you centaurs. Not only can you outrun me and have giant ass weapons that deal half my health in one swing, but you can teleport too? Seriously? Also, their AI is pretty evil. The one I fought this morning couldn't get me as I was hiding behind a rock, so he aimed a shock arrow at the puddle I was standing in. Well played, centaur... well played.
    Yeah, but its only for 3 hours, I mean its certainly a positive but its not exactly life changing :S

Deleted
    Disclaimer : i do not own a switch.

However, can someone tell me why the dock is designed like it is? I hear a lot of stories about the dock scratching the screen, and it makes me wonder why the dock is even designed where you need to put the whole switch inside it, rather than just attach the switch to a port on the dock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post

However, can someone tell me why the dock is designed like it is? I hear a lot of stories about the dock scratching the screen, and it makes me wonder why the dock is even designed where you need to put the whole switch inside it, rather than just attach the switch to a port on the dock?
    Its called a Lightbulb conspiracy...aka product is made on purpose like this, so they can sell you another one when this happens.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

How many of those Super Smash bro games are played at EVO? or any other super smash tourney, the games that arent played on that are considered a joke.
    Ya considered a joke, by a super minority group. The "Casual" market who just buys games and plays them is much more massive then the EVO group.

You are comparing (LFR Raiders) to (Mythic Raiders). You ignored the sells I provided you and since you did as such that means this argument is over.

You asked for 3DS system sellers and I provided you a list of them. I can even provide you a list of games coming to The Switch that will be system sellers. A big one hits this fall.

All Nintendo needs to do is keep the games coming and The Switch on shelves and The Switch will do fine.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-14 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post

Nintendo made a product on the cheap and rushed it out.