Leaving Volley On?

Been playing a hunter for years, but just got mine out for this xpac. I was doing some reading, and it sounds like we leave Volley "on" pretty much 100% of the time, even with single target, is this correct? I mainly only run mythic+s but I have been turning it off and on ...starting to think I have been doing it wrong lol
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    you shouldnt play volley on single target

If you're using Volley as a talent then you want it enabled, all the time.

I have a Weak Aura to tell me when it's turned off so I don't forget

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsblood View Post
    If you're using Volley as a talent then you want it enabled, all the time.

I have a Weak Aura to tell me when it's turned off so I don't forget
    Ok, thats what I was thinking, and for mythic+s, Icy Veins is showing Volley to be the best talent.

Thanks for the info!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by igorberry View Post
    Doesn't matter, or did you somehow find a way to change talents during a m+, so you can change to AmoC for ST bosses?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Ok, thats what I was thinking, and for mythic+s, Icy Veins is showing Volley to be the best talent.

Thanks for the info!
    For m+ i go crows on tyr affix and volley on fortified.
    Anyhow, keep volley on all the time if you are talented into it

Since you're talking M+, you might want to consider substituting crows for volley when doing EoA. Volley tends to pull some unwanted trash in EoA, such as the turtles and seagulls, which are a real pain and don't count toward the mob kill count. They will count in 7.2, so at least you'll get some benefit then, but right now it's just added mobs to kill with no reward. And the seagulls suck.

I always use true aim, volley, and trickshot for M+ with belt and boots, its especially good for tyrannical, but the increase from true aim on bosses and dungeons like CoS is just so good. Never should use AMoC in M+ i wouldnt even use it in Tyrannical CoS the dps loss is just too huge.

Quote Originally Posted by igorberry View Post
    Hm ... in my personal opinion doing some sims on my hunter (907+ ilvl depending on the scenario) the sims between crow and volley on single target is arround 500 dps in favor of crow (on 750k+ single target sim)

that is FIVE ZERO ZERO extra dps for adding 1 extra button that you have to use on CD and have it's focus cost in mind during the entire fight.
    Now ofc with different gear and different toon you might get more but i highly doubt it will be significant more to justify the extra button

The only real reason to use Crow is in case of adds or M+ where mobs should be prioritize killed and you can both use and effectively reset crow for another mob. Reusing it several times. Where for pure single target fight when you can't reset it it's virtually pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    And the seagulls suck.
    This statement is probably the most correct one on the internet atm. They do suck. Think everyone can agree on that. Everyone. Really, everyone.

And

VOLLEY FTW!

If you read the guide by Azor the difference between MoC and Volley is incredibly small on single target and the second another mob is added for even a few seconds Volley pulls far ahead. If your prone to forgetting MoC or not sure when to use it just stick with Volley for everything.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    This statement is probably the most correct one on the internet atm. They do suck. Think everyone can agree on that. Everyone. Really, everyone.
    Yes, most people have trouble understanding my burning loathing for the seagulls, but clearly you get that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    Yes, most people have trouble understanding my burning loathing for the seagulls, but clearly you get that!
    IMO those damned seagulls are Bilzz's way of trolling us, they knew we'd despise them.

isn't one of the new brawler guild rank 8 bosses a giant seagull? the DEFINETLY knew we would hate them!

Deleted
    Volley for M+, keep it on, always.

Imho True Aim for M+ is shit and should never be picked, no matter the affix. Yes against tyrannical on the upper margins of what your group can do the dmg bonus eventually starts helping. Before that bosses die way to fast for it to stack and on any aoe, meaning bosses with adds and all trash with trick shot your gonna loose your stacks making it completely useless. With it being useless for most of the time the gain of having it for bosses is diminished greatly even on super high keys.

Segulls are super:

Deleted
    I think true aim is fine, legacy can stack it up quickly to max stacks after all, I don't see extra AiS as useful because it's not like you are lacking Focus or AoE cooldowns in M+

And, despite what you said, it's not like it's completely useless if you lose the stacks from time to time during a bossfight.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-26 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    There are very few scenarios where AMOC will even be better, since just a little bit of cleave will make volley stronger, and in both, m+ and raid there are almost no bosses without any cleave, even on krosus or star augur u have some cleave targets at least....and for m+ you have trash as well (so i d never ever go AMOC there).

Imho you need to spend at least a little bit of your attention on AMOC and end up pulling maybe 1 k more dps overall (probably less in reality), i think if you spend this amont of attention on optimizing your rotation, you will end up making more DPS with volley, unless you are playing your rotation close to optimum anyway, then this could be a tiny little tool to even increase it a bit more......but for 99,9% of all hunter, volley should do just fine. I doubt that there are a lot of hunters that play their mm rota so close to perfect, that using some additional attention on AMOC would increase their overall dps.