Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    The highest risk group for rape is women with partners. The judge isn't giving any good advice for them?
    Okay, so now you're blaming her for not saying the things you want to hear more about?

Don't get me wrong. It's an issue that's important to you, and frankly important enough in general to warrant more attention.

But that doesn't really matter in judging what was said? We have a tiny quote of the judge, which is what has sparked the controversy. We have no way of knowing her entire volume of beliefs and convictions, so we're discussing the tiny bit of text we have, and whether it is offensive. I don't think it's very useful to go into hypothetical things she could also have said.

Deleted
    Feminists once again proving that women are nothing but narcissistic irresponsible victims with no agency over their lives

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Okay, so now you're blaming her for not saying the things you want to hear more about?

Don't get me wrong. It's an issue that's important to you, and frankly important enough in general to warrant more attention.

But that doesn't really matter in judging what was said? We have a tiny quote of the judge, which is what has sparked the controversy. We have no way of knowing her entire volume of beliefs and convictions, so we're discussing the tiny bit of text we have, and whether it is offensive. I don't think it's very useful to go into hypothetical things she could also have said.
    Exactly the judge gave no good advice at all and just enraged internet idiots on both sides. Those that are offended by what she said. And then those which are massively abundant here who are offended that other people are offended. The second lot are far more pathetic than the first lot.

Deleted
    So you hate women and are scared of them having control over their own bodies?
    Get one balloon shot down? blow up 6 more for target practice....

Babies are NOT part of a woman's own body, scientifically false, demonstrably.
    The control exerted in abortion is one separate and distinct human imposing its will on another.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scary world is the amount of victim blaming rape apologists in here

Reality may seem scary when you first leave your feminist bubble and encounter common sense argumentation to your drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by browed View Post
    Get one balloon shot down? blow up 6 more for target practice....

Babies are NOT part of a woman's own body, scientifically false, demonstrably.
    The control exerted in abortion is one separate and distinct human imposing its will on another.
    You need to go do some basic high school biology and learn who reproduction works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Just how far do we absolve people from any responsibility for their own protection?
    1. There are bad people out there who will rape you if they can.
    2. There are good people out there who want consensual sex & figure it'll be easier if you're under the influence.
    3. You know #1 and #2.
    4. You choose to go out and get hammered.
    5. Therefore, you have chosen to make yourself vulnerable to the people in #1.

Now, because the idiots & feminists (but I repeat myself...) will go nuts over the above, let's just be clear that this does not in any way make it less wrong for someone to rape you, and for the record I'm all in favour of hanging actual rapists too.

Unfortunately, there are also two more scenarios that this results in:

1. You wake up next to someone who was sober and you weren't.
    2. You're both drunk.

In the case of #2, if having sex with someone who's drunk means you rape them, then you both raped each other, a nonsensical verdict - in any sane system, it'd be a case of no crime having been committed.

In the case of #1 I don't see how you can secure a conviction, because of the standard of reasonable doubt*. It's one party's word against the other's, and one party was sober at the time, which if anything ought to make their testimony more trustworthy than yours.

Sure, there might be other factors involved in the case - the accused may have a history of sexual assault convictions, or you could be a blonde Swedish woman being claiming attack by a "New Swede" - but all those things are peculiar to their specific cases, and not to the general rule.

*If you want to argue that the accuser - sorry, victim - should always be believed, then fine. You raped me last night, and I'll see you in court, and make sure the media splashes your name everywhere as a rapist, ruining your life even if you aren't convicted (which will be a travesty of justice anyway). Also, you're a nazi and a racist, and probably had transsexual people.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    But for some *totally unknown* reason, in the case of sexual assault against women people feel compelled to point out all the things they could have done that might have reduced their odds of being victimized. Guess what, people shouldn't be asked to live their lives according to what is least likely to make them a victim of a terrible crime
    Then why do governments issue warnings against visiting dangerous countries? https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...swarnings.html Look at all that victim blaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Reality may seem scary when you first leave your feminist bubble and encounter common sense argumentation to your drivel.
    Reality must be scary for the virgin neckbeards in here. They are so scared of actual women they spend their nights writing about feminism and how it ruined their chance of ever getting laid.

Exactly the judge gave no good advice at all and just enraged internet idiots on both sides. Those that are offended by what she said. And then those which are massively abundant here who are offended that other people are offended. The second lot are far more pathetic than the first lot.
    Well, you've stepped down from "The judge should be fired and is victim-shaming" to "The judge said nothing useful".

That's a decent point to compromise at, and a fair enough position to hold. So, I'll not argue further either and accept that as compromise.

I understand you are still discussing with people you feel are indeed into victim-shaming, but that's between you and them, not for me to meddle in. I'll leave it here and go elsewhere .

There is lots of idiots in this thread that have no idea what victim blaming is and like the other rape thread today probably think it is perfectly acceptable to rape drunk women.
    Would you mind substantiating that claim with a quote from this thread?

Reality must be scary for the virgin neckbeard in here. They are so scared of actual women they spend their nights writing about feminism and how it ruined their chance of ever getting laid.
    How about you respond to the post I made that you so conveniently ignored rather than resorting to ad hominems like a child?

Deleted
    You need to go do some basic high school biology and learn who reproduction works.
    I know it perfectly well thanks, a child is a product of two separate sets of DNA and is unique in it's own right.... if a woman grew a clone spontaneously your reasoning would have more weight... but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Well, you've stepped down from "The judge should be fired and is victim-shaming" to "The judge said nothing useful".

That's a decent point to compromise at, and a fair enough position to hold. So, I'll not argue further either and accept that as compromise.

I understand you are still discussing with people you feel are indeed into victim-shaming, but that's between you and them, not for me to meddle in. I'll leave it here and go elsewhere .
    Good day sir

10+ Year Old Account
    So you hate women and are scared of them having control over their own bodies?
    Apparently it's you who hates women and want to give them incentive to be drunk 24/7 and get raped, instead of listening to sensible advice. If i had to guess i would say that you are one of these students who like to hand out with girls, buy them drinks until they can't even talk, walk them home and have sex with them. I mean, that's the only kind of person i can imagine who would go against advice like the one in OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Reality must be scary for the virgin neckbeards in here. They are so scared of actual women they spend their nights writing about feminism and how it ruined their chance of ever getting laid.
    Wait, are you trying to win an anti-shaming argument by challenging people's sexuality, appearance and social aptitude? I think you're getting a little too entwined in this discussion if you're going from discussing, to personal attacks about virginity and nerd-shaming.

Edit: I know I was leaving the thread, but that popped up right before my post. I'd like to urge caution against this route.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-03-14 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Would you mind substantiating that claim with a quote from this thread?
    It's 5 pages go read it yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Apparently it's you who hates women and want to give them incentive to be drunk 24/7 and get raped, instead of listening to sensible advice. If i had to guess i would say that you are one of these students who like to hand out with girls, buy them drinks until they can't even talk, walk them home and have sex with them. I mean, that's the only kind of person i can imagine who would go against advice like the one in OP
    Are you on drugs or just delusional

Victim blaming solves nothing and makes it harder for other victims to come forward......
    Thats not victim blaming.

one should blame victims at the same time don't be dumb and put yourself in a more vulnerable situation. Use common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really should check out the real world more. The dingbat feminazi syndrome started to die down and lose tract in public opinion. There are plenty of new stupid sjw shit you can join though.