Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde Rise of the new Horde 2.0

the title "new Horde" was originally pointed at Thrall Horde, as it has changed many things the old horde did but kept some tradition and culture, the new horde accepted allies that the old horde wouldn't think about joining them like forsaken.

but now i think blizzard is moving the horde into new era where the "new/thrall" horde is dead and a NEW horde is arising, it started with garrosh defeat and vol'jin rise to power then after Sylv become the warchife, i think now blizzard is building a Rise of the Horde 3.0 where the Orc's - troll - tauren will take step back and Forsaken and blood elf's will control, the culture of the horde will change, the base of the horde will change, and the horde will never come back to the old way's again.

good or bad i still don't know.

am i right, or i'm thinking too much about it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Gharrosh was the last true warchief of the horde

The horde is rather doomed now. Sylvanas is NO where to be seen in the war against the legion (Unlike Genn, Anduin, And Velen, AKA Alliance leaders that are actually doing their shit). I've seen litterally NO one on the horde side, helping out with the legion's cause.

Vol'jin is dead, Baine is...where again?, Sylvanas is (Again) nowhere to be seen, and the others? Yyeeeaahhh....

Let's face it, the horde died pretty much Right after MoP, and during the beginning of WoD!

The Old Horde fell To the Alliance.

Thrall made a shit-move with giving Garrosh the warchief mantle.

Vol'jin was doing fuck all during WoD!

And Sylvanas is playing God, enslaving HELPFUL beings in the war for immortality, all for her own selfish needs of Immortality. Could've just uhhh, proven yourself worthy, like I did, banshee? No? Ok then....
    Idk where she's at now. Hell, GALLYWIX is having more screentime than her, atleast his model doesn't look like a updated skin of his old Cata model...

I'm kind of pissed about this, because I want the horde to succeed, and I want them to win. Yet, after what happened with garrosh, and after all of "This", my doubts to seeing another good horde leader are going down from None, to the negatives below it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The horde is rather doomed now. Sylvanas is NO where to be seen in the war against the legion (Unlike Genn, Anduin, And Velen, AKA Alliance leaders that are actually doing their shit). I've seen litterally NO one on the horde side, helping out with the legion's cause.

Vol'jin is dead, Baine is...where again?, Sylvanas is (Again) nowhere to be seen, and the others? Yyeeeaahhh....

Let's face it, the horde died pretty much Right after MoP, and during the beginning of WoD!

The Old Horde fell To the Alliance.

Thrall made a shit-move with giving Garrosh the warchief mantle.

Vol'jin was doing fuck all during WoD!

And Sylvanas is playing God, enslaving HELPFUL beings in the war for immortality, all for her own selfish needs of Immortality. Could've just uhhh, proven yourself worthy, like I did, banshee? No? Ok then....
    Idk where she's at now. Hell, GALLYWIX is having more screentime than her, atleast his model doesn't look like a updated skin of his old Cata model...

I'm kind of pissed about this, because I want the horde to succeed, and I want them to win. Yet, after what happened with garrosh, and after all of "This", my doubts to seeing another good horde leader are going down from None, to the negatives below it...
    Thrall, lady lidrin, rexxar and other's are with you in legion fight, and yes they are leader's among the horde.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Thrall, lady lidrin, rexxar and other's are with you in legion fight, and yes they are leader's among the horde.
    They're not leader's of the Horde. Rexxar is Considered a neutral guy. Sure, he WAS champion of the horde one time, but he's moved passed that LONG ago. Liadrin leads the Blood Knights, who serve the light. Yes, they may have been a horde faction before, but their services go to the army of light.

And thrall does NOT consider himself apart of the horde anymore. Sure, he may be in the horde questing, but his alligence is neutral, and he's now retired.

We started out as adventurers, then heroes.

Next expansion, we're all leaders of the Horde / Alliance...!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    We started out as adventurers, then heroes.

Next expansion, we're all leaders of the Horde / Alliance...!
    i don't believe so, because you can have many hero's, but you cna't have million warchife and kings. you can't make the player char a main-changing factor in the story, we will always follow someone.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    i don't believe so, because you can have many hero's, but you cna't have million warchife and kings. you can't make the player char a main-changing factor in the story, we will always follow someone.
    The player IS a main figure in Legion, the story revolves around us, more or less. Just like it did in WoD, and even MoP a bit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The player IS a main figure in Legion, the story revolves around us, more or less. Just like it did in WoD, and even MoP a bit.
    still if you try to write the story you can make us side char's " like illdian novel " we will be presented but not as key figure, consider it like this :
    - when you play wow the story progress from your char pov, but in novel it's not, and in novel or any other sort of media it can't make the player char the pov of the story progress.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not leader's of the Horde. Rexxar is Considered a neutral guy. Sure, he WAS champion of the horde one time, but he's moved passed that LONG ago. Liadrin leads the Blood Knights, who serve the light. Yes, they may have been a horde faction before, but their services go to the army of light.

And thrall does NOT consider himself apart of the horde anymore. Sure, he may be in the horde questing, but his alligence is neutral, and he's now retired.
    all of them are Horde leaders
    http://imgur.com/a/8X6wl
    and i forgot to mention Saurfang

Pretty sure Thrall and Rexxars' allegiance still lie with the horde. If it came down to an actual war between the two factions (and not this little conflict between Sylvanas and Genn), they'd likely not remain on the sidelines.

Regarding Liadrin. Serving the light does not mean you can't be part of a faction. She is still very much affiliated with the blood elves and as an extension of that, the horde.
    Going by your logic, Velen should not be counted as alliance because he too serves the light.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-03-14 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think it's as severe a change in the Horde as that - the Orcs will always have preeminence in the Horde just as the Humans will always have the marquee spot in the Alliance. Their essence defines either of the two factions, and their legacy all the way back to WC1 moves the games' history and story forward. I think that spotlight has been peeled back a bit to highlight other races in recent expansions, but it is far from being gone. Legion itself is largely focused on the classes and the PC specifically - with the Horde/Alliance dynamic taking a bit of backseat as both sides step back to address their wounds (e.g. the loss on the Broken Shore, the deaths of their leaders, etc. etc.)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

We are though, we were the "commander" of the Garrison in WoD... for example. We weren't "commanders" -- we were treated as THE commander, singular. Likewise in Legion, we're THE true hero to wield the artifacts, and are treated as such in our class halls and everywhere else.

alliance fan boi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    alliance fan boi
    That's an understatement.

7+ Year Old Account
    alliance fan boi
    he is sargeras fan-boi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    We are though, we were the "commander" of the Garrison in WoD... for example. We weren't "commanders" -- we were treated as THE commander, singular. Likewise in Legion, we're THE true hero to wield the artifacts, and are treated as such in our class halls and everywhere else.
    but every time the story progress you must have one the of the key figure char in the game with you, so if ever it translated to other form of media " books - comics " these figure char will be the lead and we will be side char.

Tyrande was useless in Val'sharah
    Genn was more focused on sylvanas then the legion.

The rest of the alliance leaders are mia.
    So both factions have been useless
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde has been a joke ever since Blizzard decided to wreck Garrosh and engineer the WoD story.

Thrall should have came back after Vol'Jin. Bring things back to the starting point from classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Tyrande was useless in Val'sharah
    Genn was more focused on sylvanas then the legion.

The rest of the alliance leaders are mia.
    So both factions have been useless
    I think this is the main point of the expansion. The Horde and the Alliance lost so many of their forces that they have been forced back and the order halls are taking charge of the fight.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    where the "new/thrall" horde is dead and a NEW horde is arising
    Have more the feeling atm that i am part of red Alliance - or Forsaken then any form of Horde.
    So in my opinion this hole storyline after Garrosh got removed from Warchief is a big slap in the face for all Horde players.

I took the Horde faction because i liked there history and the way they acted in Warcraft3. And now blizzard are turning the faction into slaves for the Alliance that follow crappy order halls that are mostly based on Alliance.

(So stop turn me into a Alliance bitch blizzard!, with your army of light)

alliance fan boi
    Now that's an Understatement.

I love the Horde as well, and The alliance is cool too.

But, when i see the legion, I smack of them in the face.

They don't call me the King for nothing. I'm called the king cause I'm the KING of loving all sides, unless the side has a leader which shouldn't be leading shit in the first place (Illidan, and Sylvanas. -_-).

Other than that, I'm a Legion Fanboy. However, you aren't seeing me cry whenever the legion loses something. I'll be honest here, I'm more upset about Illidan, and Sylvanas being butchered as GOOD and UNIQUE character's, more than I do with the legion, and their losses...

- - - Updated - - -
    @steelballfc

See, someone knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Pretty sure Thrall and Rexxars' allegiance still lie with the horde. If it came down to an actual war between the two factions (and not this little conflict between Sylvanas and Genn), they'd likely not remain on the sidelines.

Regarding Liadrin. Serving the light does not mean you can't be part of a faction. She is still very much affiliated with the blood elves and as an extension of that, the horde.
    Going by your logic, Velen should not be counted as alliance because he too serves the light.
    Wait a sec, forgot to update my List:

Alliance characters in Legion:

Anduin
    Genn
    Tyrande
    Malfurion

Horde guys in Legion:
    Saurfang
    Sylvanas

Neutral guys in legion:

Illidan
    Khadgar
    Velen
    Thrall
    Liadrin
    And more...

The guys that tried in legion, but didn't QUITE make the role of "Being important, and Unique" (AKA The dead peeps):
    Varian
    Vol'jin
    Tirion
    Gul'dan
    Xavius
    Helya
    And more...

Does that work?

Does that work?
    Not really no, because you're not really responding to the points I made, at all.

Also, you suddenly jumped from "these people are not leaders among the horde" to "these people are playing neutral roles in this one expansion specifically", there's a pretty big difference there.