Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just did the 7.2 mount quest.

As the title says, i just got onto the ptr finally and did the mount quest. While i love the mount and the summoning sounds, the one thing i cant get over is its just a horse that can fly with no wings. I personally think they should at least have some avenging wrath wings on the horse or put the avenging wrath effect on the player while the horse is flying. I will be using the mount regardless (At least for a ground mount) but i just wish they would add something to it for the flight effects.

I'm having a really tough time imagining the Pally mount with the AW wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Clemery View Post
    Like Invincible but with wings of holy light

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tyreal's Charger style wings but yellow, and only active in flight mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Haha exactly, forget the horse. Just give me a set of golden wings to float on around the World.

I know its probably too late for them to change it, with 7.2 right around the corner in the next 2 months. But its just wishful thinking!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    As the title says, i just got onto the ptr finally and did the mount quest. While i love the mount and the summoning sounds, the one thing i cant get over is its just a horse that can fly with no wings. I personally think they should at least have some avenging wrath wings on the horse or put the avenging wrath effect on the player while the horse is flying. I will be using the mount regardless (At least for a ground mount) but i just wish they would add something to it for the flight effects.
    there is tons of horses in wow who can fly without wings
    also the idea came from the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse (btw not all of them looked deathyl, the one of valor radiated light and looked quite amazing)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    If they can add wings on the Nighthold tiger (i don't remember its name) then they can add wings on our horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I personaly dislike invincible as a mount just because it uses a hippogryph skeleton with a horse skin (same goes for tyriel's charger) and when i see the movement of its legs just makes me cringe and i prefer the wingless horse thats on the PTR atm
    Last edited by valky94; 2017-03-14 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    I personaly dislike invincible as a mount just because it uses a hippogryph skeleton with a horse skin (same goes for tyriel's charger) and when i see the movement of its legs just makes me cringe and i prefer the wingless horse thats on the PTR atm
    Does it really use the hippogryph skeleton? It looks unique to me but I've never really ridden my hippogryph

Surely it's not a unique model, just like Winged Guardian.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is tons of horses in wow who can fly without wings
    also the idea came from the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse (btw not all of them looked deathyl, the one of valor radiated light and looked quite amazing)
    ... The Horseman of Valor of the Apocalypse?... What?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

so Rivendare's Charger we summon through Rivendare's Charger Reins is not the same one we redeem in this farce of a quest?
    Sounds logical.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... The Horseman of Valor of the Apocalypse?... What?
    sorry got war confused with valor XD dude i hadent slept in 24 hours give me a break

Haha exactly, forget the horse. Just give me a set of golden wings to float on around the World.
    Now that you mention it, I'd rather have a form you activate that gives you Avenging Wrath wings and allows you to flight (like what druids get as flight form) than what we got. Even better if it'd been instant cast, so you can do a running start and then lift off lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    sorry got war confused with valor XD dude i hadent slept in 24 hours give me a break
    Eh, fair point, but despite that, the Horseman of War is described as a bloodthirsty warrior, a harbinger of conquest and destruction, riding a blood red horse, brandishing a great, bloody sword. He represents war, civil unrest, conquest and domination, not exactly a guy that radiates light nor looks awesome. There's a reason as to why the Four Horsemen are Death Knights in WoW. Aside from those two Horsemen games, the Four Horsemen are always villains in media.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Eh, fair point, but despite that, the Horseman of War is described as a bloodthirsty warrior, a harbinger of conquest and destruction, riding a blood red horse, brandishing a great, bloody sword. He represents war, civil unrest, conquest and domination, not exactly a guy that radiates light nor looks awesome. There's a reason as to why the Four Horsemen are Death Knights in WoW. Aside from those two Horsemen games, the Four Horsemen are always villains in media.
    one of them, idk what one i assumed it was war, but i know one of them is descirbed as being in golden armor

fits your description there man, but idk who that is on the left

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    one of them, idk what one i assumed it was war, but i know one of them is descirbed as being in golden armor

fits your description there man, but idk who that is on the left
    The White Horseman is the Rider of Pestilence/Conquest/Victory-through-war, the greek/hebrew/latin/english translation is a bit all over the place. But, basically, it's Pestilence, War, Famine and Death (from left to right). Also he is described as such; "Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer." - At least, that's what it says in the book, nothing bout a holy or golden armor, but eh - that's not really important.

Im fairly disappointed with the Pal Class Mount. Im ok with the horse, its the basic Paladin's horse. But it doesnt feel heavy/armored enought. As if it was made to look cute, not fierce. And no wings... I find Tyrael's mount better overall, or the extra "Paladin only" horse from the Tournament (with Horn) which is one of my favorite horse in the game. It should be imbued with Holy Runes or something... its missing some bling-bling... and a Horn.

This overused (but always funny) video sums it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4QXJyK-UM

Oh baby...

Tyrael's Charger looks better.

Even Heroes of the Storm get things done better.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2017-03-26 at 05:26 PM.

>Malthael kind of Horse would have been pretty too (Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls boss mount, as seen in HotS). Admittedly our mount should not have been an exact copy/paste of it obviously, but this mount is inspirational, it is armoured, and all in all well designed (imo)