Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They hate us cause they ain't us..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    They hate us cause they ain't us..
    This ^_^ .

"Hey fellow Demon Hunters, why do people hate us?" "They can't stand that we're incredibly simplistic to play and overpowered!" "Haha, what scrubs!". The new classes were never hated simply because they were new and if you honestly believe that then I'm sure you also believe the Earth is flat and the Moon is made of cheese. You're hated because Blizzard is absolutely awful at balancing anything and while that technically is not your fault, you can't be surprised when you receive hate for willingly playing a class that is poorly balanced. It also does not help that your class and the behavior of people playing said class represents a lot of what is wrong with World of Warcraft these days.

Behavior of people playing said class? Whut? I'm always very polite to people who rage whisper me after they try to gank me 4v1 and lose. I always reply with a

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    "Hey fellow Demon Hunters, why do people hate us?" "They can't stand that we're incredibly simplistic to play and overpowered!" "Haha, what scrubs!". The new classes were never hated simply because they were new and if you honestly believe that then I'm sure you also believe the Earth is flat and the Moon is made of cheese. You're hated because Blizzard is absolutely awful at balancing anything and while that technically is not your fault, you can't be surprised when you receive hate for willingly playing a class that is poorly balanced. It also does not help that your class and the behavior of people playing said class represents a lot of what is wrong with World of Warcraft these days.
    1. They're not overpowered, they just haven't yet been underpowered.

2. The "incredibly simplistic" bit of laughable. I currently have a capped Rogue, DH, Warrior, and Monk. DPS wise I'd say they are all easy as hell, monk being the most complicated, Warrior least. Tank wise Warrior is hands down the easiest to play effectively, while DH and Monk I'd put on about equal level.

DH are simplistic while leveling, largely because they spend all their time building up their talents. Once they hit cap it gets a little more complicated. Not hard at all, but neither is anyone else.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Demon Hunters are a kiddy race. Thats the reality. I know some good players who play Demon Hunter, but then again everyone can play a 2 button class eh?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They (kinda rightfully) have the stigma of being the go-to edgelord fotm "hero"class. Just like how it was with the dk. Out of the large number of dh players, there just seems to be a disproportionately huge number of annoying people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    1. They're not overpowered, they just haven't yet been underpowered.

2. The "incredibly simplistic" bit of laughable. I currently have a capped Rogue, DH, Warrior, and Monk. DPS wise I'd say they are all easy as hell, monk being the most complicated, Warrior least. Tank wise Warrior is hands down the easiest to play effectively, while DH and Monk I'd put on about equal level.

DH are simplistic while leveling, largely because they spend all their time building up their talents. Once they hit cap it gets a little more complicated. Not hard at all, but neither is anyone else.
    Sorry, but living in denial won't change the facts.

Doesn't everyone play every class nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not the Demon Hunter itself, it is the "new class" stigma. Death Knights and Monks suffered the same "bullying" when they were introduced. And I bet any new class introduced in the future will suffer the same. "Hey, look at all the <new class>-tards in here."
    That would imply that there have been a notable amount of monks played at any point since their introduction.

It's not the Demon Hunter itself, it is the "new class" stigma. Death Knights and Monks suffered the same "bullying" when they were introduced. And I bet any new class introduced in the future will suffer the same. "Hey, look at all the <new class>-tards in here."
    Also a hero class, so we should be stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    That would imply that there have been a notable amount of monks played at any point since their introduction.
    Popularity doesn't matter. Reaction was the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    There is always hate on the new class.

Monks had it, DKs had it.

Hell I even remember when paladins and shamans were available for both factions, people hated on them too.
    This, I remember rolling a DK when they came out, oh the hate.. Same with panda's and monks but less, DK has to take it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Also a hero class, so we should be stronger.
    Um... what you said there couldn't be more wrong. Being a 'hero class' doesn't mean it should be stronger than the others. That's a huge misunderstanding that keeps being perpetuated.

Um... what you said there couldn't be more wrong. Being a 'hero class' doesn't mean it should be stronger than the others. That's a huge misunderstanding that keeps being perpetuated.
    By saying should, I'm stating my opinion. I have no problem stating as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grxgg2k View Post
    This, I remember rolling a DK when they came out, oh the hate.. Same with panda's and monks but less, DK has to take it though.
    My only problem with DKs was that I'd be healing a group of 4 DKs and they all thought they were OP and could just go go go without there being a real tank... oh, they were quite wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    DK had substantially OP features right off the bat, Glyph of Death and Decay feared you while you were in DnD, and it had like no DR on it so 2 DK's in a 2's or 3's was impossible to beat.

Original Army of the Dead was crazy - I loved it but it was op

/castrandom worked out so well people we're capable of doing #'s that you literally shouldn't have been capable of doing ever.

So yea DK was a trial by fire, however I don't remember any monk OP comments on release, and TBH monk/DH show that they learned a great deal from DK release.
    And if you actually managed to kill a DK, they would ghoul rez and finish you off.
    lol good times.

"Me like... shiny"
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2017-03-14 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Sorry, but living in denial won't change the facts.
    Your so-called "facts" are nothing but opinion. If you want to see true denial, look no further than the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sand View Post
    Your so-called "facts" are nothing but opinion. If you want to see true denial, look no further than the mirror.
    If I said that was clever, I would be lying.

Deleted
    If I said that was clever, I would be lying.
    Wow, some people are just too stubborn.

DH is not easier than at least more than a half of DPS specs. I'm not saying it's a pinnacle of difficulty, sure, we have feral druids and sub rogues that require huge involvement to deal good damage... but we also have BM hunters or Assassination rogues, frost DKs and what not that are much, much easier than a DH. We actually have more than 2 buttons, to maximize the damage we also need to keep track of few things and know a couple of tricks. This is nothing more than a stigma of a new, "cool" class, nothing more. Your "simplicity" argument is wrong on so many levels it hurts. If that was even remotely true, much more classes than a DH would get hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    Wow, some people are just too stubborn.
    What a perfect way to describe those trying desperately to defend Demon Hunters.