Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Season ending - PvP Gear?

Hey now that they have announced season ending "soon" what will the plan be regarding new pvp gear? The new item set is only on the 7.2 PTR and not in the actual game database. Would this mean we would be getting the same gear we get now untill 7.2 releases or will the season be released as 7.2 gets released?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Hey now that they have announced season ending "soon" what will the plan be regarding new pvp gear? The new item set is only on the 7.2 PTR and not in the actual game database. Would this mean we would be getting the same gear we get now untill 7.2 releases or will the season be released as 7.2 gets released?
    It's just an iLevel and tooltip thing. I wouldn't expect new gear models for S3.

Deleted
    there will be new pvp season gear models for season 3 and 4.

Tangentially related, but how do you eve get the Season 1/2 gear appearance?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Tangentially related, but how do you eve get the Season 1/2 gear appearance?
    Wait until season 3, it'll be available on a vendor.

Didn't they say that they were going to open up older elite sets or something? Tabards / Enchants for people above 2k - 2.2k?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    It's just an iLevel and tooltip thing. I wouldn't expect new gear models for S3.
    Why not? There's a new tier of raid gear released. The Cruel and .. Demonic? Gladiator gear will look like T20, and the t19 items will only be available as ensembles.

A LITTLE SALTY I HAVE TO SAY. I have to spend 12 marks (I know, not hard to get nowadays) to get ONE item for the full transmog set. 6 months now and I still don't have the goddamn Gladiator gloves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skylark123 View Post
    Didn't they say that they were going to open up older elite sets or something? Tabards / Enchants for people above 2k - 2.2k?
    They are adding new illusions for S3 - 2.4k rating. The old elite sets will not be made available again, because most people don't want it.
    Last edited by Emeraldon; 2017-03-14 at 07:53 AM.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Hey now that they have announced season ending "soon"
    where do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    where do you see this?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20602166#1
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Well that sucks I can't find the time to play 17 hours a day farming RBGs for my 2k rating....not gonna get it thsi season I guess

Well that sucks I can't find the time to play 17 hours a day farming RBGs for my 2k rating....not gonna get it thsi season I guess
    Then do it in 2s or 3s..? Took me 8 hours in total, over 3 sessions. You don't need to hardcore it.
    - Volpethrope

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are new gear models, that's the whole reason why you can't buy the ensembles of PvP gear until S3.

Holinka said that because S1 and S2 use the same appearances, you can't buy the ensembles until S3, implying it's going to have a different model.

He said the same about S3 and S4, if they have the same appearances, you can't buy the appearance ensembles until S5 when the current gear uses a different model.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Why not? There's a new tier of raid gear released. The Cruel and .. Demonic? Gladiator gear will look like T20, and the t19 items will only be available as ensembles.
    Uhh... T20 isnt going to be released until Season 3 ends. You expect them to release T20 models to PvPers before the raid even launches?

Uhh... T20 isnt going to be released until Season 3 ends. You expect them to release T20 models to PvPers before the raid even launches?
    ...yes? The new PvP gear will be available once the new PvP season begins. Season 2 ends now, and with it the current t19 models will be gone from the loot table.
    - Volpethrope

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Season 1 and 2 (and EN/worldboss gear) uses Tier 19 models, and that was loong before nighhold launched.

Season 3 and 4 use Red(horde) and Blue(alliance) sets for paladins, purple-ish with mythics shoulders for Elite set.

Alliance:

- - - Updated - - -

Horde:

Patch 7.2 might be sooner then people think.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-14 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Wait until season 3, it'll be available on a vendor.
    Oh cool, thanks for the info!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yes, Season 1 and 2 (and EN/worldboss gear) uses Tier 19 models, and that was loong before nighhold launched.
    But not before the models themselves were available through PvE - as they were available in EN (and from World Bosses).

What you're suggesting is that they will release T20 models (probably one of the most desired sets in a long time due to T6 nostalgia) months before they are available through PvE in-gme.

I dont agree.

You Only farm rbgs for 17 hours if u are pushing hero, I am at 2.3k mmr 2050 cr in RBGs simply by capping 3 wins a week with pugs for my xmog

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    But not before the models themselves were available through PvE - as they were available in EN (and from World Bosses).

What you're suggesting is that they will release T20 models (probably one of the most desired sets in a long time due to T6 nostalgia) months before they are available through PvE in-gme.

I dont agree.
    There are new gear models, that's the whole reason why you can't buy the ensembles of PvP gear until S3.

Holinka said that because S1 and S2 use the same appearances, you can't buy the ensembles until S3, implying it's going to have a different model.

He said the same about S3 and S4, if they have the same appearances, you can't buy the appearance ensembles until S5 when the current gear uses a different model.
    All the evidence is in this thread, what is your problem with it? Datamined sets are wrong?

All the evidence is in this thread, what is your problem with it? Datamined sets are wrong?
    insert giant Picard facepalm here.

There's no evidence presented in this thread.

There's stuff datamined from Patch 7.2

Guess what ISNT going to launch with Season 3?

Patch 7.2

Lets recap:

Season 1 and Season 2 appearances were the same models as "T19". However, these models were available from PvE at the same time - as they were used in EN and from World Bosses.

Ergo, "T19" models could be earned at exactly the same time from each activity (PvP and PvE) at exactly the same time.

Season 3 appearances are supposedly T20 models.

T20 models are used for... T20 and PvP models. They arent used in a non-Tier raid. Maybe (?) from the new World Bosses. Probably not.

In either case, T20 isn't going to be released until some time after 7.2 launches. (As the raid will not be available on patch launch).

So your assertion is that UNLIKE the first two seasons, where the models were available at the same time, that Blizzard will release T20 models (highly anticipated due to T6 nostalgia) for 6-8 weeks (or more!) for PvP players before they are even available to PvE players?

Im not seeing any evidence that they want to deal with that much whinging.