Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Kind of sad that the left bring more attention to her saying microwaves then the fact that CIA uses so much technology to actually spy on people. Iirc a CIA chief said they can spy through your fucking dishwasher lel
    If you buy a dishwasher with a camera or network connection (and actually plug it in) and have no clue how to properly setup your home network - sure, but it's kinda ridiculous.
    Also, fun fact, some Russians think that USA put some sort of backdoor in all their tech so they can remotely destroy it. Years of reverse engineering proves this to be false, but hey, you often can't change peoples mind. But it doesn't change the fact that any piece of internet of things can be hacked into, so you can easily get access to a network by hacking into not protected coffee machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of sad that the left bring more attention to her saying microwaves then the fact that CIA uses so much technology to actually spy on people. Iirc a CIA chief said they can spy through your fucking dishwasher lel
    Spying on people is the CIAs job...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting that Conway represents the whole of the right? I don't think she was given such a title...

Yes, we need to focus more on how incompetent the CIA was in stopping Trump with their wiretapping. They are smart enough to have bugged his dishwasher, but are too stupid to stop him from winning.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-03-14 at 06:16 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    New technology like.............Microwaves?
    It's the PPAP technology... very simple...

I have a dishwasher... I have a camera... ugh!! dishwasher camera...
    I have a microwave... I have a camera... ugh!! microwave camera...
    dishwasher camera microwave camera... ugh!! DCMC!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's the PPAP technology... very simple...

I have a dishwasher... I have a camera... ugh!! dishwasher camera...
    I have a microwave... I have a camera... ugh!! microwave camera...
    dishwasher camera microwave camera... ugh!! DCMC!!
    When I linked all of my kitchen devices together, I learned I can make holograms from their surveillance output. I tried 3D printing one, but it turned into a hot mess.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know who "the left" is, but I know that government has been surveilling anything you do on a computer since at least the early 90's, and I've heard very little outcry from "the left" or "the right" regarding it.

Carry on, nothing to see here that isn't already on the wayback machine.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't what she said though. She said that modern technology allows the theoretical possibility of spying microwaves, not that they necessarily spy on her or Trump.

It is still a moronic argument though, since it can be said about anything. "The tea I'm drinking right now may be poisoned. So the claims of people who say that CIA poisons people who say mean things about it online through cyanide injected in their tea leaves are not unfounded!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    When I did that, this hologram appeared and just kept repeating "Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope"
    Is it weird to think about things like, all of A New Hope is pretty much because Leia sucked at sending snapchat to Obi-Wan?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Wait... Are we pretending like it's impossible to have a device with a hidden camera in it?

I just did a quick Google search, and I just found a fully functional coffee maker that's also a remote-controlled, hidden, full HD video surveillance system with 32Gb of storage, that anyone can buy for less than $400. (Not sure if I can link or not but you can find it easily enough)

Edit: This is a pic of it

You're saying you think it'd be tinfoil hat to think we could stick one of those in a microwave??
    I thought the CIA was "spying" on everyone with a TV.

Germany is "spying" people with dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I thought the CIA was "spying" on everyone with a TV.

Germany is "spying" people with dolls.
    No, as has been pointed out in the thread you probably got that idea from, Germany is the country where possession of such dolls is forbidden.
    That was why the thread was started: To discuss why it was forbidden to sell them when it is legal almost everywhere else.
    These coffee makers are in the picture you quoted are illegal, too, according to that law.

LMFAO!
    How, just how did people like this get to be the ones that run your country, america?
    How is it even possible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly some techs are wasted on common household appliances. Why does my dishwasher or refrigerator require WiFi again? With the common lifetime of said appliances I will be happy to find a museum which houses ancient storage devices with even more ancient apps. People wanting to be wired and connected with anything and everything are the ones inviting behaviour of being spied upon.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The CIA doesn't operate domestically.
    Oh I didn't realise we had the director of the CIA posting in this thread /s
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    LMFAO!
    How, just how did people like this get to be the ones that run your country, america?
    How is it even possible?
    The government is a great representation of their people. Just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    The CIA spys on people? You don't say... Snowden basically told us as much so it's not like it's a secret. But please inform us what you think we should do to the big bad CIA. Not even old Donny boy wants to get rid of them. If they weren't his "enemy" he'd gladly expand their reach even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The CIA spys on people? You don't say... Snowden basically told us as much so it's not like it's a secret. But please inform us what you think we should do to the big bad CIA. Not even old Donny boy wants to get rid of them. If they weren't his "enemy" he'd gladly expand their reach even more.
    Your post 'I agree with you but I'll still make a sarcastic remark because fuck you thats why'

ok then
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You have to show me the part where it is about hostile microwaves turning into cameras.

I dont believe she is trying to be funny. She just does the old orwell lying game to create dissonance through lying as much as possible. Which leads to the idea there is something like "alternative reality". At the end she is just trying to get people to accept opinions as truths.

Old propaganda trick.
    Waiting for Trump to say Obama wiretapped her microwave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Waiting for Trump to say Obama wiretapped her microwave
    Ivanka Trump??

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post 'I agree with you but I'll still make a sarcastic remark because fuck you thats why'

ok then
    Well no I don't agree with you. I'm not going to buy into Wikileak's weak ass distraction of "no shit sherlock" "news" to avoid talking about how much of a shitter Trump and co are. You said "the left" should be more concerned about CIA's spying... as if people can't do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Also it's kind of the entire point of the organization.
    well tbf

CIA = meddles in foreign countries where USA has no business
    NSA = meddles in domestic affairs
    FBI = glorified federal police

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well no I don't agree with you. I'm not going to buy into Wikileak's weak ass distraction of "no shit sherlock" "news" to avoid talking about how much of a shitter Trump and co are. You said "the left" should be more concerned about CIA's spying... as if people can't do both.
    So its 'I don't agree with wikileaks because it goes against what I as a clueless millennial believe in' and 'I hate le drumpf because drumpf and the media said so'.

Don't forget you're not allowed to view wikileaks files because the media said so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Frankly some techs are wasted on common household appliances. Why does my dishwasher or refrigerator require WiFi again? With the common lifetime of said appliances I will be happy to find a museum which houses ancient storage devices with even more ancient apps. People wanting to be wired and connected with anything and everything are the ones inviting behaviour of being spied upon.
    lol yeah I agree. I remember like 14 years ago it was all the rage that you will soon have a fridge with internet and a tv screen where you can control all your other white goods to do shit for you while you're at work. I guess in the end it didn't really take off!

10+ Year Old Account
    So its 'I don't agree with wikileaks because it goes against what I as a clueless millennial believe in' and 'I hate le drumpf because drumpf and the media said so'.

Don't forget you're not allowed to view wikileaks files because the media said so...
    Oh and what is it that I believe in? I don't need the media to tell me what a shitshow Trump is I came to that conclusion all on my own by hearing the garbage that comes out of his mouth. I also never said I don't believe Wikileaks but what a coincidence they dropped this information days after Trump claims he was being wire tapped... and then Roger Stone admitted on Twitter (which he then deleted) that he had "legal back channels" to wikileaks lol