Thread: Cant Upgrade

Cant Upgrade

Good Evening,
    So I am currently sitting at 868 on my Druid Bear tank and I am struggling to get any higher gear. Looking for some advice on where I can go looking and at what mythic+ level I should be reasonably able to pug. As of now I notice a struggle once I get above 6 and I am unsure if that is due to me or the pugs. How are bear tanks overall in Mythic dungeons? I feel strong with lots of options but to be honest its the only class I play currently so I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In addition, is there anything else I could do besides raid( I generally only have about 45 min at a time to play so raids are tough for me)? What iLvl do WQ start offering gear I could use?

heroic EN. I just cleared the first 5 bosses in 20 mins.
    Normal NH. First four bosses prob cleared in 20 mins.
    LFR NH. Get your tier gear and any slots that are lacking. LFR drops 855 to 875 without procing TF or WF. You are a tank, instant queues. 15 mins for each one.

Forget mythic + unless you find a steady group to do it with. You are not likely to get to join PUGs as your ilvl is too low for the gear that you want.
    Forget WQ, at your ilvl the rewards are less than what you want unless you are super super lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I'd personally go LFR NH for tier/trinkets/any slight upgrades. You then have Heroic EN for some easy gear if any can be an upgrade for you, aside from that I'd start clearing normal NH just find a chill ish sort of group and atleast get the first few bosses done.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

People will generally take lower ilvl tank if you know what youre doing. How many legendaries you got ? maybe look at crafted gear and boes to fill slots. But you do need a bit of time to spam raids, surely you get a day off ? Doing higher content requires more time so if you really cant spare it then maybe you cant go higher

Part one of bear tanks in mythic plus: they're amazing. If it's specifically above level 6 that you're having troubles with, my guess is that the 2nd affix on the dungeon is what is throwing you off your groove. The first affix can be largely ignored a lot of the time, but once you hit level 7, the scaling plus having 2 affixes working together makes you hit a wall of "either brute force through with ilvl" or "start dealing with the specific mechanics appropriately." Basically it requires 1st truly learning the dungeons (not just the boss fights which is a basic requirement, but how hard you get hit by mobs, which mobs are scary, which packs are jokes you can chain pull, what mobs spells do, these types of things) then 2nd applying the affixes of the week and going "how does this affect each of these things individually." Don't mean to sound elitist or condescending at all, as it sounds daunting to learn these things if you're unfamiliar with it, but if you think about one aspect at a time while doing runs you start to notice more and more things going on around you that might otherwise have been "meh, that mob over there is casting some spell" to "oh shit, it's a +10 fortified run and that mob is about to hit me with a chaos bolt while I'm at 15% HP, better interrupt."

Part 2 regarding things besides mythic+ to do, feel like the other posters pretty much got it covered. Can do individual bosses in NH since so many groups running it and it has a choice progression path, can do as many bosses as possible in time limit in EN norm and HC since it's on farm, or play the lotto hoping for warforged / titanforged WQ loot.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    People will generally take lower ilvl tank if you know what youre doing. How many legendaries you got ? maybe look at crafted gear and boes to fill slots. But you do need a bit of time to spam raids, surely you get a day off ? Doing higher content requires more time so if you really cant spare it then maybe you cant go higher
    Thank you for the post, I have one legendary, the neck piece with the shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    Part one of bear tanks in mythic plus: they're amazing. If it's specifically above level 6 that you're having troubles with, my guess is that the 2nd affix on the dungeon is what is throwing you off your groove. The first affix can be largely ignored a lot of the time, but once you hit level 7, the scaling plus having 2 affixes working together makes you hit a wall of "either brute force through with ilvl" or "start dealing with the specific mechanics appropriately." Basically it requires 1st truly learning the dungeons (not just the boss fights which is a basic requirement, but how hard you get hit by mobs, which mobs are scary, which packs are jokes you can chain pull, what mobs spells do, these types of things) then 2nd applying the affixes of the week and going "how does this affect each of these things individually." Don't mean to sound elitist or condescending at all, as it sounds daunting to learn these things if you're unfamiliar with it, but if you think about one aspect at a time while doing runs you start to notice more and more things going on around you that might otherwise have been "meh, that mob over there is casting some spell" to "oh shit, it's a +10 fortified run and that mob is about to hit me with a chaos bolt while I'm at 15% HP, better interrupt."

Part 2 regarding things besides mythic+ to do, feel like the other posters pretty much got it covered. Can do individual bosses in NH since so many groups running it and it has a choice progression path, can do as many bosses as possible in time limit in EN norm and HC since it's on farm, or play the lotto hoping for warforged / titanforged WQ loot.
    Thank you for this, it was a great post. I actually feel like I have a good understanding of the runs but what I think "may" be happening is that I am finding that the rest of the group has a weakness, or one of them does. Either its me and the healer are low ilvl, or we have great healer but dps lacking. Most likely due to me pugging higher stuff. I don't know. I will spend the next two weeks farming those raids and see if I cant get up to at least 880.

So tried the Heroic EN and there are none listed. Sigh. I will try again today, Tuesday and hope there are more up do to server reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    So tried the Heroic EN and there are none listed. Sigh. I will try again today, Tuesday and hope there are more up do to server reset.
    That's very unlikely. I'm seeing ~15 (EU all languages). Check your filter settings.

Good Evening,
    So I am currently sitting at 868 on my Druid Bear tank and I am struggling to get any higher gear. Looking for some advice on where I can go looking and at what mythic+ level I should be reasonably able to pug. As of now I notice a struggle once I get above 6 and I am unsure if that is due to me or the pugs. How are bear tanks overall in Mythic dungeons? I feel strong with lots of options but to be honest its the only class I play currently so I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In addition, is there anything else I could do besides raid( I generally only have about 45 min at a time to play so raids are tough for me)? What iLvl do WQ start offering gear I could use?
    Your not going much higher without raids,

You should be able to tank en heroic easily. Form a pug group, call it "EN HC quick legends run" que as a tank, only take 870/880 plus, you'll fill the group in 20 minutes or less. But, be nice and take one or two under geared people to help them out. I do this each week on three characters, never have had a issue, Rarley any wipes

- - - Updated - - -

Make your own as I said above, you'll get the, quickly

Edit:

Someone said people will generally take lower level tanks for raids, for my part I can confirm I do this, I set 880/890 groups and we usually end up taking a 850 tank to en hc

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Your not going much higher without raids,

You should be able to tank en heroic easily. Form a pug group, call it "EN HC quick legends run" que as a tank, only take 870/880 plus, you'll fill the group in 20 minutes or less. But, be nice and take one or two under geared people to help them out. I do this each week on three characters, never have had a issue, Rarley any wipes

- - - Updated - - -

Make your own as I said above, you'll get the, quickly

Edit:

Someone said people will generally take lower level tanks for raids, for my part I can confirm I do this, I set 880/890 groups and we usually end up taking a 850 tank to en hc
    Excellent post and thank you for taking the time to post it. Not sure why, but I never thought to create my own group, perhaps not having much experience in there. I will try that today and I will take a couple lower levels like myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    LFR NH. Get your tier gear and any slots that are lacking. LFR drops 855 to 875 without procing TF or WF. You are a tank, instant queues. 15 mins for each one.
    Sorry but just... 15 mins for NH LFR wings? The hell are you smoking? The LFRs take significantly longer than that due to people loving to afk so much (Gul'dan being the only one you can down fast, but if you're unlucky you end up in the afk/doesn't know wtf they're doing and wipe groups).

But yeah, as others have mentioned, raids. That's really your best option.

Regarding WQ's I can note the base level doesn't get higher than 845 at any point - they do have the chance to WF/TF proc tho albeit the chance is very slim. Wouldn't care to do these unless you have a lot of time on your hands or if it's a really fast and easy WQ to try out your luck for a proc.

Excellent post and thank you for taking the time to post it. Not sure why, but I never thought to create my own group, perhaps not having much experience in there. I will try that today and I will take a couple lower levels like myself.
    It's something I never thought I'd do, but after getting knocked back from multiple groups for not being uber ilvls and my guilds alt runs failing catastrophically, I said fuck it, I'll do my own group, I know the tacs, the ideal set up. Started the group and ended up with 880-905s applying, the run was smooth as hell. I find people don't care if you're a 810 getting carried because you're the one whos put the effort in to organise it all.

I ran with 2:3:9, which ended up being 2:4: 15, and at one point 2 3 16 because the healers were bored shitless, we also went on to ToV HC, I expected wipes galore, first two went down first attempt, and heyla after about 35 minutes of trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Dem View Post
    Sorry but just... 15 mins for NH LFR wings? The hell are you smoking? The LFRs take significantly longer than that due to people loving to afk so much (Gul'dan being the only one you can down fast, but if you're unlucky you end up in the afk/doesn't know wtf they're doing and wipe groups).

But yeah, as others have mentioned, raids. That's really your best option.

Regarding WQ's I can note the base level doesn't get higher than 845 at any point - they do have the chance to WF/TF proc tho albeit the chance is very slim. Wouldn't care to do these unless you have a lot of time on your hands or if it's a really fast and easy WQ to try out your luck for a proc.
    Yea.... @munkeyinorbit I think you're high or blowing smoke out of your arse. First wing takes about 25 minutes upwards due to asshole trash, the wing with botanist takes 15 minutes just to clear the trash before her. If you're lucky, you can do guldan in 1 9 minute or so attempt, but the rest no way

If you're US horde I wouldn't mind doing a mythic plus to see if there's a problem mechanically or if it's on the other pugs.

Thank you again for all the replies, I am leaving town today for two weeks but when I get back I am going to put this all to good use. I will try and update when I return. Take care.

Deleted
    I would suggest 3-chesting any 2-6 key you can find if you've finished raids for the week. It's usually super fast if you're leading the group as a tank, you get decent AP and you have a chance at TF gear.
    I am currently equipped ilvl 900 and just got an upgrade from a m+5 that I was running for a friend (890 relic).