Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the result: A Wilders win or loss, the next dutch government coalition will be a mess. Be prepared for a chaotic time in Dutch politics.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So you're more knowledgeable then a judge?

The lawyer argued the same and the judge dismissed that because you're arguing semantics , you may find this weird but judges in the nederlands generally are smart enough to understand bullshit semantics.

If put in proper context what Wilders did was racist
    It is no secret that that ruling was highly controversial. Racism is discrimination on the basis of race. Moroccans are not a race. End of story.

On a sidenote, I'm not a supporter of Geert Wilders, on the contrary. However, he is not a racist. That's too easy.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The parties are assuming that is not what the voters want, and that they'll take a hit if they work if the PVV.
    Which they should, if the voters dont want their parties to work with the PVV.

Again, 3 times that labour won the elections, they had to stay in the oppositions.
    Some parties are also way to far away from Wilders, GL & D66 on social issues, and the SP & GL are miles apart from Wilder's economic stabces.

And we also know that is bull shit.
    Like i said in a different reaction :

But what is the problem with negotiating with the PVV? They have a different opinion yes but that's what a discussion is about, see if they are willing to step off their extreme ideologies and if they don't you can atleast say that you've tried and show the PVV voters once and for all who Wilders is. that way you can lure the voters away from him and not by simply say that you're not going to negotiate with him, that's only going to fuel his popularity more because he then can play the outcast.
    You need to win back the PVV voters and possibly take the PVV out of play, it's much more acceptable if he can shout his ideals with 2 seats like the Hans janmaat and the CD did back in the 80s and 90s. We are now talking about the chance that Wilders may be the biggest parry in the country. and the other party's let that happen by not giving the people who vote for him an alternative to him. It's exactly the same as why Trump won and it is exactly why the Labour/PVDA will lose so many seats. They all spread hatred against the PVV , they all spread hatred against his voters instead of giving them an alternative to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    No it is not. Racism is discriminating on the basis of races. Ethnic groups are not in all cases, if not never, a race.
    "Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity."

Deleted
    The goverment will become VVD, CDA and D66 (pretty sure about it)

If the PVV will become the biggest is now going to depend if Turkey is still going to do stuff to the Netherlands today.
    If they keep calling us Nazis and keep psuhing us then Wilders will gain votes these last hours for sure.
    But even when they are the biggest they cant rule alone and nobody wants to work with them atm.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Regardless of the result: A Wilders win or loss, the next dutch government coalition will be a mess. Be prepared for a chaotic time in Dutch politics.
    Not really imho, only problem I forsee is VVD breaking down and ignoring the undercurrents like they did past 4-6 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Revocation of citizenship is not really something your legal framework considers for anything short of treason. And it's not just for the Dutch. For most countries, the list of citizens who have ever had their citizenship revoked is so short it will fit in a single piece of paper for their entire modern history. And you are suggesting this be done to hundreds of people because they occasionally riot?
    Not at all, it's not about Riots, it's about the unwillingness to integrate in society, it's about street terrorism, it's about criminal activities. It's the simple act of behaving in a country according to their laws and standards, if you're unwilling to do so then you have no place in that country,

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The goverment will become VVD, CDA and D66 (pretty sure about it)

If the PVV will become the biggest is now going to depend if Turkey is still going to do stuff to the Netherlands today.
    If they keep calling us Nazis and keep psuhing us then Wilders will gain votes these last hours for sure.
    But even when they are the biggest they cant rule alone and nobody wants to work with them atm.
    VVD, CDA and D66 = 4 years longer of mr smiley face Rutte who ignores the lower plebs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    "Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity."
    Bull. Do you have any idea how vague the term ethnicity is? It is basically any group which shares any form of common background. With this definition anything can be racist. Offending MMo-champion as a bad forum would mean you'd be racist if you see the forum users as an ethnic group based on same forum usage.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    VVD, CDA and D66 = 4 years longer of mr smiley face Rutte who ignores the lower plebs
    And 4 years of Pechthold....i'd rather have Wilders to be honest.

Bull. Do you have any idea how vague the term ethnicity is? It is basically any group which shares any form of common background. With this definition anything can be racist. Offending MMo-champion as a bad forum would mean you'd be racist if you see the forum users as an ethnic group based on same forum usage.
    It's not vague. I can easily tell koreans apart from thais, because they look different because they're a different ethnicity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I had a good life last few years so i am fine with Rutte.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The point is that no big part wants to rule with the PVV. Yes, if no coalition is formed the elections will be redone.
    Judging by the polls it's hard to say what wil happen.

We have to many parties on the left that are stealing each others voters while on the right its only CDA, VVD and PVV.

Given that this election has become more of a social thing (I include the EU as well) I'm counting D66 on the left side of the spectrum (don t' see Pechtold wanting to work with Wilders anyway) making it kind of 50/50 again which kind of screws up any potential formation.

We might end up getting another minority government this time.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    And 4 years of Pechthold....i'd rather have Wilders to be honest.
    With the way turkey is escalating things, blaming Netherlands for srebrenica now, and saying the EU refugee deal might be over, it's going downhill rapidly.

EU court also just passed a law that allows banning of headscarfs and islam symbols at workplaces.

Things are going in Wilder's Favor if he gains big enough 25+ seats, even if not prime minister.

Yes Rutte has sworn on his no no no, to gain votes but really that debate was way too rushed.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-14 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not vague. I can easily tell koreans apart from thais, because they look different because they're a different ethnicity.
    Ethnicity =/= nationality. Apparently you don't even get your own definition.

Ethnicity =/= nationality. Apparently you don't even get your own definition.
    Koreans are an ethnicity, as are thais. That you have the same name for the nationality and ethnic groups in english doesn't mean they are not ethnicities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreans
    Koreans (Hangul: 한민족; Hanja: 韓民族; alternatively Hangul: **민족; Hanja: 朝鮮民族, see names of Korea) are an ethnic group native to the whole Korean Peninsula and southeastern Manchuria.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_people
    The Thai people or Thais (Thai: ไทยสยาม), formerly known also as Siamese, are a nation and Tai ethnic group native to Southeast Asia, primarily Thailand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koreans are an ethnicity, as are thais.
    Like I said, anything can be an ethnicity. Just like my MMO-champion example. So it's still vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I had a good life last few years so i am fine with Rutte.
    wrong attitude, everybody should have a good life and not just you.

Few days ago I read a story about a Trump voter who was against the ACA but loved the medicaid or care part. You don't create prosper society when you only think about yourself and lets be honest, we have had a right-wing government since 2000 and the only thing we got in return was a more expensive life.

Like I said, anything can be an ethnicity. Just like my MMO-champion example. So it's still vague.
    It's not vague at all. You surely know what ethnic koreans look like, yes? You surely can tell them apart from someone ethnic thai, yes?

Ati be warned, Right-wingers will claim it was left