Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's a bullshit argument.... religious freedom trumps "dress code"
    Presumably because 'dress code' involves practical garments and depending on occupation a headdress like a burqa or hijab may not be a practical garment.

As an example, I remember reading that some police departments were trying to develop a hijab that was appropriate for on-duty officers but they could never create one that wasn't just a choking opportunity waiting to be used.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

What if a person wears a ring with a cross on it! Like an employee can be like "oh no religious symbol i'm gonna burn we must be rid of it!" Like it's fucking dramatic.
    Jewelry is already subject to dress code, what is your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    This triggers the liberal
    Funny... it seems conservatives are most prone to should "my freedom!" when they dont get to push their religion on others.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2017-03-14 at 05:12 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I don't this as anything more than a practical consideration to businesses. If people can wear whatever they want because of religious considerations, it would get out of hand. As with all beliefs - practice what you want, just don't flaunt it or force it on others. Easy-peasy.
    Explain to me how is sikh wearing aturban is forcing their religion? If anything the only people I have EVER encounterd trying to force religion were Christians wearing no symbols.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I also dont wear a T-shirt with F. religions on it, i have respect for others maybe religions ppl should do the same by keeping there cult at home like i keep my rejection at home or on the internet :P
    I just see it as Religion has no place in the work place, if an employer wants to allow their employees to wear religious items then so be it, but also so be it if they wish to ban religious items. As long as its done fairly, i wouldn't defend it if they banned x religions wear while not banning y religion wear.

Deleted
    So Christians are getting killed left and right in Malaysia?
    Christians are getting killed in africa mostly and the middle east.

And sadly the killing is slowly crouching up on the europe. And we already have it in the US too. You remember that queerfolks club? That muslim guy killed a lot of those unfortunate souls

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Presumably because 'dress code' involves practical garments and depending on occupation a headdress like a burqa or hijab may not be a practical garment.

As an example, I remember reading that some police departments were trying to develop a hijab that was appropriate for on-duty officers but they could never create one that wasn't just a choking opportunity waiting to be used.
    Okay... but in an office building, a hijab, or a turban is perfectly practical. I'm not islamic or a sikh but I don't even think twice if I see a person in one of those 2 items, it doesn't fucking enrage me and make me think "omg unfair! they get to wear hats! I want to wear my hat!"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bullshit argument.... religious freedom trumps "dress code"
    So if I made up a religion saying I must be naked at all times, that's allowed? What if my religion gets 100 million followers?

Ofcourse it isn't. Private businesses can make whatever fucking dress code they want as long as it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    Christians are getting killed in africa mostly and the middle east.

And sadly the killing is slowly crouching up on the europe. And we already have it in the US too. You remember that queerfolks club? That muslim guy killed a lot of those unfortunate souls
    You remember the several muslims or not even muslim but just Indian people who were mistaken for muslim being killed and attacked by fucking white people in America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    So if I made up a religion saying I must be naked at all times, that's allowed? What if my religion gets 100 million followers?

Ofcourse it isn't. Private businesses can make whatever fucking dress code they want as long as it's legal.
    They can't make "whatever fucking dress code" they want, if they couldn't then there wouldn't have been any cases to decide that in Europe now would there? What a stupid thing to say...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I also dont wear a T-shirt with F. religions on it, i have respect for others maybe religions ppl should do the same by keeping there cult at home like i keep my rejection at home or on the internet :P
    I think this should be put more forward.

Religious freedom is to accept the fact that the public spaces are - and should be - "laic". You shouldn't have the right to outwardly expose your religion outside of dedicated areas. I don't support Christianity more than I do Islam. Fundamentally, outside of churches and mosques, I think that excessive exhibition of religious garbs is simply against our fundamental values of freedom, human's rights and equality at large. A dogma is not freedom of speech, it's slavery.

Likewise, I don't support outward exhibitionism of atheism, nor do I think it should be pushed down the throat of people. More often than not, it feel like a secular group trying to push down an interpretation of science down the throat of the world. But at least there's no "atheist" garbs, so there's that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

No they shouldn't be allowed to, allowing to is stupid.

If a person is religious and must wear a turbin for their religion and personal happiness then they must be allowed to, simple.
    What if someone wants to wear a cowboy hat because it gives them personal happiness for non religious reason? Oh, wait, that's subject to dress code even in US. And it's treating religious people in a privileged manner. For some reason I don't see you bitching about it.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I think this should be put more forward.

Religious freedom is to accept the fact that the public spaces are - and should be - "laic". You shouldn't have the right to outwardly expose your religion outside of dedicated areas. I don't support Christianity more than I do Islam. Fundamentally, outside of churches and mosques, I think that excessive exhibition of religious garbs is simply against our fundamental values of freedom, human's rights and equality at large. A dogma is not freedom of speech, it's slavery.

Likewise, I don't support outward exhibitionism of atheism, nor do I think it should be pushed down the throat of people. More often than not, it feel like a secular group trying to push down an interpretation of science down the throat of the world. But at least there's no "atheist" garbs, so there's that.
    By saying no one should be able to outwardly express anything other than non-religious symbols is you know... marginalizing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Should an employer be able to require female employees to go topless? If not, then they shouldn't get to ban hijabs either. Their tits or their hair, both are covered for religious reasons.
    Why would Muslim women be applying at titty bars?

Time to ban jews from wearing yarmulkas
    And if the employer has a no religious attire policy, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What if someone wants to wear a cowboy hat because it gives them personal happiness for non religious reason? Oh, wait, that's subject to dress code even in US. And it's treating religious people in a privileged manner. For some reason I don't see you bitching about it.
    Religion being part of one's personal well being and happiness is part of our constitution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Id assume that there would be limits to what dress code an employer can actually enforce, it wouldn't stand up if they said people can only come to work in just their socks. Imo if a place allows someone to wear a headscarf at work, people should be allowed to wear hats or hoodies, someone shouldn't get special treatement and exemption from rules just because of their religion, so thge simplest solution imo is give employers the right to ban certain items of clothing, that way its fair for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    By saying no one should be able to outwardly express anything other than non-religious symbols is you know... marginalizing.
    Intersectionality is marginalizing. Public spaces being "laic" is the exact opposite of "marginalizing".
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Why would Muslim women be applying at titty bars?
    What about "facey bars"? Everyone has their kink.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Should an employer be able to require female employees to go topless? If not, then they shouldn't get to ban hijabs either. Their tits or their hair, both are covered for religious reasons.
    Also personal level of comfort with nudity and, you know, decency laws that forbid it.

Religion being part of one's personal well being and happiness is part of our constitution.
    Go be religious on your free time then.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Intersectionality is marginalizing. Public spaces being "laic" is the exact opposite of "marginalizing".
    You'd be forcing people to dress and act a certain way....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Go be religious on your free time then.
    I am not religious. This stupidity though of the non-religious acting like victims because someone is wearing a yarmulka or a hijab, is just fucking pathetic though.