Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Around 0,001% of muslim woman wear burqas outside home.

So lets summarize that around 100 woman in europe have to get rid of their office burka.

What a big win for the right wing!
    this isn't just about burqas, its for all religious wear. It just says that employers no longer have to give special allowances to their religious employees if it goes against their dress code. So if a company says no jewelry a christian wouldn't be able to wear a crucifix either.

I still don't think it will effect many people at all. And a mod should really change the title of this thread so its clearer.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I think a small statue not larger than a fist on the corner of your desk is fine, really. It's your personal area and it's not outrageously obvious. I have never witnessed this, however.
    Not if you are engaged in customer contact. Or else anybody and their grandma want to erect Shiva-statues and icons of St. Anastasius too

Deleted
    Around 0,001% of muslim woman wear burquas outside home.

So lets summarize that around 100 woman in europe have to get rid of their office burqua.

What a big win for the right wing!
    Its a start atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    this isn't just about burqas, its for all religious wear. It just says that employers no longer have to give special allowances to their religious employees if it goes against their dress code. So if a company says no jewelry a christian wouldn't be able to wear a crucifix either.
    This also goes for these fellows:

Yeah but I doubt that their workplace (church) / catholic clinics will have such a dresscode.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Religion being part of one's personal well being and happiness is part of our constitution.
    I take it you are for some reason (religious, maybe) incapable of addressing what's actually said in what you quote. But hey, I feel like banging my head against a wall so I'll try again. Why is it OK to safeguard religion as part of one's personal well being and happiness and yet also OK to not safeguard non-religious parts? And why is it OK to make religion a privileged aspect in this regard, discriminating everyone else in the process? Wouldn't that lead to marginalization according to your reply to @BloodElf4Life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted

yes, and your point? If those nuns worked in a shop and their headscarf was against their companies policy, the company has the right to ban them from wearing it while at work.
    To be clear, nothing is actually banned, this ruling just says that employers no longer need to give religious staff special treatment.

Employers should have the right to dictate the dress code, so fine ruling IMO. They can ban all forms or specific forms of headwear. Hell strip clubs can require only one gender to wear nothing and we happen to be fine with that.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah but I doubt that their workplace (church) / catholic clinics will have such a dresscode.
    Just imagine you are a nun and work as a bartender in a secondary job..

Deleted
    I think this ruling will effect very few people across the continent, i doubt many companies will change their dress codes because of this ruling or start enforcing a stricter dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Incoming triggered sjws crying islamophobia!
    pretty much even tho the burka is a sign of oppression lol
    mr pickles

the backlash of having a cross necklace banned from the workplace is going to be hilarious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    yes, and your point?
    My point is that i am not sure if the right wing apologists who talk about "great news" have included all consequencies into their happy reaction.

Hehe, this would be great in the south.
    "Leave your crosses at home, you religious nuts!"
    I'm sure there would be no protests.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    pretty much even tho the burka is a sign of oppression lol
    Telling them they can't wear it is just as oppressive as telling them they have to.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Headscarf should be fine tho, as long as the face is clearly visible I see no problem with covering the hair. I myself can wear a headscarf (not tied as Muslim women do it though) when I'm having a bad hair day or it's very dry air outside swishing about dust and pollen during spring.

Fun tidbit; The cover-thine-hair thing actually stems from Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Would never happen in the US and proves why people who later became Americans left Europe for freedom.
    Ah yes, the good old "Only 'Murica does freedom!"-trope...

US barely cracks top 20-ranking among nations overall freedom rating
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-14 at 06:42 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the backlash of having a cross necklace banned from the workplace is going to be hilarious
    the compromise ist to hide it under your other clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Religious decency laws, yes... and again, Muslim women may feel the same level of discomfort by having their hair exposed.
    Gonna use Japan again. They do have decency laws, yet neither Shintoism nor Buddhism are not particularly strong against nudity. There's no reason for you to reduce everything to religion, especially in context of individuals like you did in the previous post. But hey, you conflate tits with hair. And even if it the decency laws were purely religious like you claim, as long as an employer uses it equally, they are free to set dress code in a manner that's in accord with the "religious" law as well as societal standards (like lack of hair cover is in Europe). People who don't want to abide by that dress code don't have to work there. Just like women who don't want to expose their tits don't have to work as strippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "But how could they feel that say, I don't feel that way!"
    I can't recall saying anything like that in what Kujako quoted there (or in any other post for that matter), so kindly fuck off with putting words in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the compromise ist to hide it under your other clothes.
    Or just take it off if its against company policy. Sure you can hide it, but you'd still be breaking company policy by wearing it, so may as well take it off for a few hours to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's evenly-applied, then it's not discrimination. Seems simple to me.

That said, the attitudes of some people are outright hypocrisy. Wanting to ban these kinds of head coverings, especially if you justify it with anything like "these cultural items are forced on women to oppress them", that's hypocritical. Blatantly so. You want to control women's clothing out of disgust about other people controlling women's clothing? You're as bad as they are. I may not like what a burqa represents, and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be forced to wear one, but I'm also not going to try and strip her of the clothing she wants to wear, whatever her reason. When you try and ban stuff like this, you're just arguing about who gets to force women to dress a certain way, not opposing the idea that anyone could.