Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Power rangers ...All 23 seasons and 831 episodes. Go, go!

Can not say i ever got into it but might have a few looks for the giggles .... so what am i on about ??

Twitch is showing all 831 episodes back to back on this channel starting in 15 mins or so from now ...

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents

That is what I'm looking forward too, imagine all the shows we had as kids same actors same plots same everything but just updated outfits/graphics and updated pop-culture references.

Deleted
    Go Go Power Rangers!!!!

I might watch until kimberly leaves yup.

Fuck the MMPR it's a rip-off from the show VOLTRON.

Last edited by Pipebomb; 2017-03-14 at 06:47 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post

EVerything is a rip-off on Voltron.

didnt super sentai come out before voltron?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Dang it is? Nobody ever knew that. Ever.

ok watched the first few episodes ... seems i did not miss much back then o.O and holy crap it did not age well ....

interesting concept that ..could start to guess about what old shows they going to do next .. how about star trek ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The memes are going to be legendary.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Can it be called a rip off, when they were both produced by Toei? Many studios use ideas, even characters from previous ventures, It seems more like they just made a western adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    ok watched the first few episodes ... seems i did not miss much back then o.O and holy crap it did not age well ....

interesting concept that ..could start to guess about what old shows they going to do next .. how about star trek ?
    I mean...did anybody tune in expecting it to be good?

It's amazingly bad. But that's why its great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Can it be called a rip off, when they were both produced by Toei? Many studios use ideas, even characters from previous ventures, It seems more like they just made a western adaption.
    Who knows. I never cared that it was just ripped from Super Sentai/Sentai Rangers/whateverothernametheyhad.

Deleted
    MEGAZORD boys. MEGAZORD.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually its Super Sentai with all the non-fighting stuff made in house in America.

Super Sentai came out in 1975, Voltron came out in 1984.

...Tried to watch a little bit, with no bias. I vaguely remember watching it somewhere....

So, there is a point between low budget video and film making, you can do it well, or you can do it bad. This just annoy's me, like my early stuff on my own y-channel, that was absolute crap with no quality production - not that it improved much, but still...Anyway back to this...Japanese american Anime show? Its just poorly made, it makes the 80's star war films look good.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    voltron: 1984

super sentai: 1975

yeah.. no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ...Tried to watch a little bit, with no bias. I vaguely remember watching it somewhere....

So, there is a point between low budget video and film making, you can do it well, or you can do it bad. This just annoy's me, like my early stuff on my own y-channel, that was absolute crap with no quality production - not that it improved much, but still...Anyway back to this...Japanese american Anime show? Its just poorly made, it makes the 80's star war films look good.
    its not an anime. power rangers is super sentai fight footage dubbed over and american filmed out of suit scenes and occasionally.. very rarely unique fighting footage but saban is a cheap bastard so that hardly ever happens
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    So basically.

The bad guys make a plot to invade Earth. Then they send about 20 unarmed idiots to invade the planet. The idiots are fought by some teenagers because the soldiers were busy. Then the teenagers get some costumes and fight another wave of 20 unarmed idiots. Then the bad guys send an actual capable idiot and the teenagers fight him in their costumes. But then the capable idiot turns out to be just a failure as the rest of them, so he prays to the powers that be to grow up. And then he grows the size of a sky scraper, and the teenagers form a giant robot. They destroy some buildings killing thousands of people, which is never mentioned btw, and ultimately they beat that idiot too.

Now do this 831 times.

I watched a bit of the first show and its hard to believe how bad and cheesy this actually is, considering how much I liked it as a kid. But it was also the first kid show that introduced violence and somewhat creepy monsters, which parents made a huge deal out of it back then. The monsters literally look like costumes, the decoration of Rita's base looks incredibly fake, the CGI is absolutely terrible, and the acting in general is just to cheesy. I still wonder what the new movie looks like in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I watched a bit of the first show and its hard to believe how bad and cheesy this actually is
    bad? no, cheesy? yes. its meant to be.

ive been watching it for about 5 hours now on stream and while the newer seasons arent very good outside of a few parts (ninja steel actually isnt all that bad so far but dino charge started out good as well before becoming meh)

i think maybe you and some others here simply DONT LIKE the type of genre power rangers is. cheesy action comedies in the vein of old kung fu movies.

not that power rangers is a pinnacle of this but it certainly pulls it off for the budget it had and the fact that it was always restricted by the japanese footage (most of the power rangers actors had to live together because the pay for it was pitiful unless you were jdf)

if you dont like cheese thats fine, but cheese isnt bad, its just cheese.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    EVerything is a rip-off on Voltron.
    Voltron is a ripoff of Getter Robo,Zambot 3 and every other mecha anime that predated its origin show "Beast King GoLion".

I wish I still had my toys. I had the original megazord,thunderzord,titanus,the shogun zords, the falcon zord and the turtle one you could put other toys inside. I had Street Shark and Primal Rage action figures along with various X-men and I would play out battles with them and the guys who "died" would go inside Tor. In my 8-9 year old "headcanon" Tor was an intergalactic dumptruck that carried away all the losers in my numerous "wars" my figures had.

The Dragonzord always eluded me. I use to live nextdoor to this kid that had Dragonzord and I would always get his mom to let me borrow it :3. I collect monsterarts so spending too much money on pieces of plastic isn't too outrageous to me. One day..I will get my Dragonzord.

Power Rangers itself is funny as hell and I feel bad for people who missed out or didn't watch the reruns on jet-ex or w/e it was called. I started watching "real" sentai around 2006 and one of my first shows was Zyuranger. That kinda ruined MMPR for me because I would always notice how in some scenes the ranger costumes looked really good but then in others they looked cheaper, mainly if the american cast was unmasked. You notice this with the Green Ranger if you watched the original show. Notice how cool his armor looks in a fight scene but if he's unmasked it suddenly looks like crap.

I have enjoyed many of the newer "american" shows though, I really liked SPD and I want to see Time Force.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2017-03-15 at 04:50 AM.