Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is there a generally accepted consensus regarding the reason behind Gaddafi's death?

I'm trying to figure out what were the real motives behind Gaddafi's death but there's just too much controversy regarding the issue on the internet. Some say the main reason was his idea of a new African gold-backed currency and the US was highly insecure about the effects of this new currency to its economy. Is there a generally accepted consensus regarding the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevianx View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what were the real motives behind Gaddafi's death but there's just too much controversy regarding the issue on the internet. Some say the main reason was his idea of a new African gold-backed currency and the US was highly insecure about the effects of this new currency to its economy. Is there a generally accepted consensus regarding the issue?
    Because Libya was actually doing ok as a country and his new banking system could have potentially cut somewhat into the profits of the world banking system. It clearly upset the wrong people, so they gave a little donation to Hilarys Clinton Foundation
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevianx View Post
    He stole an ic4 train (or was given it by some italian agency) that rightly belonged to the DSB (Danish national railway company) and as any that offend the Danish state he had to die

[ http://cphpost.dk/news/international...o-gadaffi.html ]
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2017-03-14 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys have it all wrong. gaddafi uncovered a draenei plot to destabilize the world's supply of silver.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Lybian oil needed to be on the world market to keep OPEC in check and the CIA wanted him out

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't he just be considered another Arab Spring casualty?

Libyan Oil, Gold, and Qaddafi: The Strange Email Sidney Blumenthal Sent Hillary Clinton In 2011

https://news.vice.com/article/libyan...linton-in-2011
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Oh boy, another anti-American thread. Surprise surprise!

If you want to believe the media, it's because he was a terrorist that had to be put down.
    If you want to believe (for lack of a better word) alternative sources, it was all about his proposed African currency.

I personally lean towards the latter.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Yes, the us gov't wanted him dead. Mostly because he was going to stop using the petrodollar to sell his country's oil. So the cia did the usual 'arm the freedom fighters with a little help from black ops' version of a coup which got him out of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Apologies.

Go USA! Well done helping to completely fuck over a country and sending it back 100 years for... reasons nobody can quite discern or distinguish.

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Off-topic, but that gif was a perfect reminder of why Hilary triggers me so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you fond of agreeing with Trump/Putin how the U.S. are no angels? Surprise to no one that you change your tune when it suits your narrative.

Came here to tell you he comes back in the second movie. I think I misread something^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Some terrorist group stole a bunch of Libyan plutonium, and the team Gaddafi sent to recover the materials, backed by Russian weapons, was a huge failure.

Edit:

Not to mention the whole debacle with the German armored vehicles.
    Last edited by Aitch; 2017-03-14 at 09:06 PM.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Aren't you fond of agreeing with Trump/Putin how the U.S. are no angels?
    You people see ghosts everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people see ghosts everywhere.
    lol so then America are "angels" then? I'll remember that

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Apologies.

Go USA! Well done helping to completely fuck over a country and sending it back 100 years for... reasons nobody can quite discern or distinguish.

America is 100% good and has never committed a single sin in its entire history. Like the Glorious radiant and revolutionary EU, it is a flawless pearl that are incapable of flaw or fault and is ordained by God!

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Wouldn't he just be considered another Arab Spring casualty?
    Arab Spring - 30% unemployment and massive corruption - and no friends left to bail him out. All those shenanigans in '80s came back to bite him the butt when things escalated into civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Apologies.

Is this gif real and in relation to Qadaffi's death?