Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    They bombed entire cities full of civilians. A very small % of the casualties were military personel and the rest was just civilians trying to keep their life in order. That is why they are given some shit here and there for what they did and why it is still a thing being debated.

Killing civilians in war is never okay and people are being put in court for such things. If the US had use more then just the 2 bombs to show their destructive use, then there would proberly have been quite many remarks after the war. Luckily, most people have seen the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima as the last horrors of the war and something which had to happend.
    Why exactly is it ok to kill conscripts that were civilians themselves till 1 year prior but not civilians?

Still waiting on someone to start the "Why is Germany given sh!t for the holocaust?" thread.

Will it, could it go on as long as an American thread?
    Can any European country thread outlast a thread with America in the title?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why exactly is it ok to kill conscripts that were civilians themselves till 1 year prior but not civilians?
    Because one doesn't make Americans look "less noble" in their view.

because they're still soldiers. I mean, they're more or less disposable for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    because is funny watch muricans crying about terrorists when they did things of magnitudes worse XD
    'Muricans. So much edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    The japs told the russians they would surrender completely, as long as the emporer was allowed to remain as a figurehead.

Americans rejected this and reminded allies that they agreed on unconditional surrender and popped a second bomb.
    Just two errors: Japan didn't offer that, and the Soviets didn't carry the messages; they just stalled - and then later joined the attack against Japan.

If you think you have any sources for your alternative facts, check again that they are trustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, I live an hour and a half away from trinity site. Have some tritium in a vial on a bookshelf somewhere.
    Less now. I had to look it up, but the half-life is just 12 years.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2017-03-14 at 08:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Constripts are battle-ready troops. They are in the position of combat, and most of the time, they are also adults fully aware of their actions and the dangers that comes with these actions. They are mostly also armed. I would have said the same if they bombed unarmed conscripts, who had not been given the chance to surrender.

Civilians are often children, young people who are not fully adults, old people who can not fight and people who pretty much have nothing to do with the war.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

Civilians are often children, young people who are not fully adults, old people who can not fight and people who pretty much have nothing to do with the war.
    Something like the millions that Germany killed?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I'm not sure taking the side of the Nazi's is the best way to win an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    it is when you're incredibly bad at debating/desperate to deflect from the point.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you can talk about the 20 million civilian chinese the japanese killed between 1937 and 1945.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Because history is written by the victors and they decide who was "good guys" and who was "bad guys" , morality have very little to do here
    If you know history, it's kinda hard to portray Japan during WW2 as anywhere near Good. Just ask China, I hear Japan did a number on those defenseless towns and villages just because they were Chinese.

Japan had it comming. Karma was just painted in red, white and blue back then.

Who took the side of Germany?
    I really do not see too many people here complaining about all the innocent women and children that the Germans killed.

I heard an interesting story on NPR about the Japanese museum on the bombings. Apparently days before the bombs were dropped, the US dropped hundreds of thousands of leaflets begging the civilians to leave the cities, leaving the military complex there to be wiped out but it was taken as propaganda and almost no one listened.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    it is when you're incredibly bad at debating/desperate to deflect from the point.
    Lol, good point. But he's sure fun to watch, eh? The irony is that I fall on the side of "bomb dropping ok" - I just apparently have better debating skills than a seven year-old.

- - - Updated - - -

Who took the side of Germany?
    I really do not see too many people here complaining about all the innocent women and children that the Germans killed.
    So you don't even understand your own arguments? Well, that's sure fun. I hope you can find someone here to explain them. Read back through your post, you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I mean, you can talk about the 20 million civilian chinese the japanese killed between 1937 and 1945.
    But we can't mention the nearly six million killed by the Germans?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, good point. But he's sure fun to watch, eh? The irony is that I fall on the side of "bomb dropping ok" - I just apparently have better debating skills than a seven year-old.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't even understand your own arguments? Well, that's sure fun. I hope you can find someone here to explain them. Read back through your post, you can do it.
    Oh... so what Germany did was fine in your eyes? Since you are not complaining about them and all.

dude, keep going, this is gold.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh... so what Germany did was fine in your eyes? Since you are not complaining about them and all.
    If you think what Germany did was fine, that's your argument, not mine. Don't drag me into your own ignorance. I didn't bring up Germany, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    I heard an interesting story on NPR about the Japanese museum on the bombings. Apparently days before the bombs were dropped, the US dropped hundreds of thousands of leaflets begging the civilians to leave the cities, leaving the military complex there to be wiped out but it was taken as propaganda and almost no one listened.
    It has been mentioned several times already. Anti-Americans simply don't care

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    dude, keep going, this is gold.
    I'm trying - I don't think he can stop himself. Cleverness only works if you're actually clever.

7+ Year Old Account
    But we can't mention the nearly six million killed by the Germans?

- - - Updated - - -

Because the Germans are irrelevant in this argument.