Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    Trump is a business guy. He know that you need to take risks in order to make it. I have faith in him and his decisions
    How so? In which decisions do you have the most faith? Why?

When you lose your healthcare and the executives have doubled their salary while your children go without basic care, will you have as much faith then?

Is there anything Trump could do to make you lose that faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Your thoughts on the Executive Order?
    That it is a bunch of fluff to make it look like he is doing something. He is pushing the work on to the agencies instead.

He makes a lot of claims and takes a lot of credit for doing not much of anything. And talks way too much shit on Twitter.

I don't see this executive order doing much at all.

Trump is a business guy. He know that you need to take risks in order to make it. I have faith in him and his decisions
    I can't have faith in a person who constantly lies and spins wild tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So he signed an executive order to close agencies? Aren't those established by congress?

Am I misunderstanding this?
    He's giving the directors of agencies an opportunity to make changes I think. My question is, can't they do this without an EO? Just go talk to them. Additionally, isn't trump just going to fire directors who don't make changes he likes and put in shills that will do as they are told? That's what we've seen thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    His decision not to be the president of Canada

Deleted

When you lose your healthcare and the executives have doubled their salary while your children go without basic care, will you have as much faith then?

Is there anything Trump could do to make you lose that faith?
    well we didn't have any big muslim terror attacks when Trump came to office and since he has been there.
    With Obama we had Boston and that gay stripclub muslim terror attack shooting.

The world and especially the USA seem a safer place with a strong leader.

This is just my opinion, but since Trump is in office the economy is in an upswing, stock market at an all time high, more people are finding jobs. Not everybody likes him, but sometimes you need a person like Trump. A person that a lot of people hate and can channel their hatred on, because they have weirdly nothing better do to with their lives.
    Trump is taking all that hate with dignity. So he can unite the United States again through his actions. Real heroes don't get celebrated, they have done stuff most people don't know jack about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't actually think he's that good a business guy, personally. All his own personal ideas seem to just crash and burn.
    Well. He has billions.

And he has a golden elevator.

I just know that I don't have that and I tried myself at business. It is pretty hard. I respect Mr. Trump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I can't have faith in a person who constantly lies and spins wild tales.
    Well we all have flaws and I rather have a president who I know has flaws and I know what they are compared to manipulative people who present themselves to be flawless.

One may not like Trump, but he has done some real good work in his few weeks he has been in office.

Well we all have flaws and I rather have a president who I know has flaws and I know what they are compared to manipulative people who present themselves to be flawless.

One may not like Trump, but he has done some real good work in his few weeks he has been in office.
    Enlighten me on this good work?

He stripped environmental protections preventing dumping of sludge in streams.

He signed off on the pipelines, which could be another environmental disaster waiting to happen.

He signed off on removing protections that could stop another 2008 market meltdown.

And trump has a TON of flaws. He is so narcissistic that I don't think he has ever stated that he was wrong about anything. He only spins it into some fantastical way. Go watch Sean Spicer try to redefine what 'Wiretapping' means.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Trump has actually shown care for those areas, just not positive care. He has appointed people fundamentally opposed to the goals of the related agencies, clearly intentionally.
    Fair enough. I meant care in the sense that he believes in those areas and wants to at least let them continue to function, if not strengthen them.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    well we didn't have any big muslim terror attacks when Trump came to office and since he has been there.
    With Obama we had Boston and that gay stripclub muslim terror attack shooting.
    When was Obama's first big muslim terror attack? How far into his presidency?

The world and especially the USA seem a safer place with a strong leader.
    Does Trump seem strong because you like him, or are there specific things he's done that have increased the United States' strength?

This is just my opinion, but since Trump is in office the economy is in an upswing, stock market at an all time high, more people are finding jobs. Not everybody likes him, but sometimes you need a person like Trump. A person that a lot of people hate and can channel their hatred on, because they have weirdly nothing better do to with their lives.
    The economy is still Obama's insofar as the jobs and upswing. Even Trump's own Chief Economic Adviser says that. Trump's effect on the economy won't happen for another few months.

Trump is taking all that hate with dignity. So he can unite the United States again through his actions. Real heroes don't get celebrated, they have done stuff most people don't know jack about
    Do you feel the hate Trump is taking is justified? Do you think the accusations people are leveling at him are accurate?

Didn't Trump appoint people who want to destroy these agencies to head them? Works out pretty well if you also give them the ability and request them to reorganize them if you want to get rid of or neuter them.

And as far as 3 posts above me, the economy has been on the upswing for over 70+ months so you can thank Obama for that, same with the stock market and job market. You are literally trying to give credit to Trump for something he has not had any policies to positively effect it yet. The most you can thank Trump for so far in these regards is not fucking up the positive shit Obama had set in motion YET.

Overall, this lying freeloader seems to be on course to sell out this nations working class and their children while racking the nation with debt to make himself and his friends rich. Par the course.....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's so cute when conservatives think Trump is doing something useful.

Here's reality. Congress is the one that passes the laws that control most of the government, and Congress decides what to fund. Note that the executive order language includes, importantly, "...consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations." (Section 3(b))

If he doesn't bring Congress into this, it will amount to little more than mental masturbation and perhaps some minor trimming of fat here and there (which I'm sure Trump will spin into a yuuuge victory...the best!). Notice that the executive order doesn't mention Congress...and Trump hasn't really been working with them so far.

If Trump was actually serious about this, he would have resurrected the Hoover Commission to make this a reality. But, like the promised healthcare for all, he really isn't offering what you think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    1) congress gets the final say in spending so this is a glorified tweet.
    To be fair, the Executive Branch does get a large amount of discretionary spending that the OMB is able to allocate, also if departments come in under budget, the Executive Branch can reallocate saved funds.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    When was Obama's first big muslim terror attack? How far into his presidency?

Does Trump seem strong because you like him, or are there specific things he's done that have increased the United States' strength?

The economy is still Obama's insofar as the jobs and upswing. Even Trump's own Chief Economic Adviser says that. Trump's effect on the economy won't happen for another few months.

Do you feel the hate Trump is taking is justified? Do you think the accusations people are leveling at him are accurate?
    I like his presence. He has authority and that is what the US desperately needs going into the future.

Awesome, I love executive orders. We had so many the last 8 years I'm happy to see this trend continue.
    Horseshit.

I like his presence. He has authority and that is what the US desperately needs going into the future.
    Every president has authority granted to them. That is kinda how the job works.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enlighten me on this good work?
    What really frightens me at this point is that people like the good person you quoted genuinely believe what he said. They think it's actually TRUE. And setting aside my enormous level of snarkiness and clever retorts, it's all but impossible to argue against someone who has basically been brainwashed into believing something, rather than having been convinced through discourse of something.

How do you fight faith in something that is literally killing you?

Deleted
    Every president has authority granted to them. That is kinda how the job works.
    yes they do and I respect all presidents. The good ones and the democrats.

But Trump has a special aura that some previous presidents did lack. I find comfort in knowing that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Awesome, I love executive orders. We had so many the last 8 years I'm happy to see this trend continue.
    All evidence to the contrary. Learn. Think. Then post. Help us all out a little. When you delve back into FACTS, you learn that what you've been told about Obama isn't really true. If you care about reality, rather than Trumpality, you'll find the answer for yourself.

(see? there is my usual snarkiness)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, you're saying Trump portrays a certain level of authority that you felt was lacking in Obama. Am I understanding that correctly?

Deleted
    Ah, you're saying Trump portrays a certain level of authority that you felt was lacking in Obama. Am I understanding that correctly?
    I didn't say no nothing about Obama.

Trump is my president of choice and I believe that he is the man for the job.

I didn't say no nothing about Obama.

Trump is my president of choice and I believe that he is the man for the job.
    I still would like to know what he's done that has been great in his first few weeks in office. I can't find it anywhere.

Many executive orders though.

Deleted
    I still would like to know what he's done that has been great in his first few weeks in office. I can't find it anywhere.

Many executive orders though.
    Strengthen the economy, having a positive impact on the employment market and keeping his cool despite all the hate he is receiving. I wish I could stay that calm if weirdly dressed people from the street constantly attacked me