Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

WW Legendary changes/nerfs 7.2

So the legendary changes just came out:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3487404?page=1

and it seems like the bis legendarys for WW monk is getting a hard nerf.

Katsuo's Eclipse
    Reduce the cost of Fists of Fury by 1 Chi (was 2 Chi).

Drinking Horn Cover
    The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is extended by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.

What are your thoughts on this?

It does make me sad that the two legendaries that I have for DPS are getting nerfed

These nerfs are so bad . The only reason WW is even that good at high level play is because of that synergy. Now the rotation is going to be a lot less smoothly if you have both of them : /

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=1#post-18

Leave a lot of good feedback here in order to get this bullshit reverted. DHC nerf can go through but hell no I'm not taking a hit to Katsuo's.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2017-03-15 at 08:00 PM.

All other classes and specs legendaries remain the same. Great job ion faktard. Welcome to the life of a ww. Business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    All other classes and specs legendaries remain the same. Great job ion faktard. Welcome to the life of a ww. Business as usual
    this #10chars

dont you know ww is OP

Quote Originally Posted by Charnas View Post
    It does make me sad that the two legendaries that I have for DPS are getting nerfed
    Hey maybe now the other monks can start catching up.

Hey maybe you need to stfu just because some people are more lucky than you. I only have the bracers btw

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WW is fine, the boot nerf won't be terrible. The wording on Drinking Horn Cover only pertains to Serenity and is a tooltip update if it's the same as PTR has been. Meaning it extends the duration for serenity by .4 seconds for every chi spender you use while in seren, and remains at .6 for SEF duration increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post
    WW is fine, the boot nerf won't be terrible. The wording on Drinking Horn Cover only pertains to Serenity and is a tooltip update if it's the same as PTR has been. Meaning it extends the duration for serenity by .4 seconds for every chi spender you use while in seren, and remains at .6 for SEF duration increase.
    yea its only a 50% nerf ;p.......

Deleted
    monk is officially in the bin

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought so too, but the I think they are going to add Serenity to the bracers, but reduce the duration it extends to 0.4 for both SEF and Serenity.

Which imo is going to be a huge nerf.. and reduce in dmg for sure. Hopefully they got something to back us up for this loss, but I havent seen anything yet. Its positive that Serenity might be viable now tho

Not sure I have it in me to continue unless there are other changes to our playstyle in 7.2... Playing WW in 7.1.5 without Katsuo makes you feel very resource starved, particularly in AoE, since you're 'wasting' your first EE for your opener and SEF being our go to over Serenity means no free chi spenders.

I have both bracers and boots on my WW and yes the nerf sucks but atm they are both mandatory and probably needed a nerf to make other legendaries as well as WW who dont own bracers and boots more viable. There is still a lot of class tuning to be expected which might compensate for the nerf. The only thing I don´t understand is how almost every other classes legendaries got buffs or remained the same and WW got screwed twice.

No, it says 0.3 sec for Serenity and the new extra text says:

"The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend."

So it is definitely a nerf for SEF.

The combination of the legendary nerfs, TOS being more single target, and monks being kind of meh single target is making me consider using my demonology warlock instead. I guess I'll wait to see if they change anything for the normal monk rotations. Although, I might be lazy and just take a break from WoW. I don't know if I could go through another toon and have the patience to get the legendary drops again and the AP.
    Last edited by Height; 2017-03-15 at 12:12 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Let's not forget that one of our new artifact talents reduces the cd of those cooldowns.

well , a LOT of windwalkers topping the charts without katsu , and some without DHC

u have not mentioned the crazy buff to Emperor and Gloves ..

i think windwalker monks will still be the shit in 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    u have not mentioned the crazy buff to Emperor and Gloves ..
    Emperor's Capacitor got a buff? Not seeing that in the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Emperor's Capacitor got a buff? Not seeing that in the notes.
    not on mmo yet but wowhead shows it being buffed from 50% to 100%.

Edit: mmo now shows the buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvrmd View Post
    I have both bracers and boots on my WW and yes the nerf sucks but atm they are both mandatory and probably needed a nerf to make other legendaries as well as WW who dont own bracers and boots more viable. There is still a lot of class tuning to be expected which might compensate for the nerf. The only thing I don´t understand is how almost every other classes legendaries got buffs or remained the same and WW got screwed twice.
    buff the other fucking legendaries instead of nerfing boots, DHC was maybe to good. But when other classes have insane legendaries and we have a fucking ring that gives +15% movement speed to our aura then something is fucking wrong.