Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I'm probably just old school, but on this (insert that which shall not be named), mounts are unavailable until 40, no flying until 70, and Azeroth has no flight. Needless to say, the world before Cataclysm was just fine. I think if more people got back to the basics of WoW, and spent less time sweating the small shit, there would be fewer threads and more subs. Sadly, the only thing to change in 11 years is the sheer number of entitled individuals playing this game.
    No-flyers usually forget to mention, that when flying was implemented - design of ground content also changed. And that, if we want to return back to Vanilla regarding to flying - we also need to return back to Vanilla's design of outdoor content. But Blizzard isn't going to do it. Things, like CRZ - will stay forever, cuz despite of still having sub fee, Wow has all signs of F2P MMO, such as having just one physical server hardware per 20 logical servers.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It is too long if you want flight. You jump through all the hoops they put for you and you still have to wait for almost a year. Because what? Because the hoops are cloud and mirrors, they largely don't care about you jumping through them, what they really are after is keeping you slow for a long time so that you stay subbed for 1-2 more months than you would otherwise (and maybe that's enough to carry you from one step of the grinds to another which they add in a patch). It's not a big compromise. They wanted to make people slow for a long time, they got it, the only thing they relaxed is changed to "for a long time" from "forever".
    this ^^

part 1 took forever to complete due to the artificial gating of nightfallen rep, part 2 will took the same you need to complete 7.2 broken shore content and be exalted with the new rep that is gated not only that i'm 100% sure that if we go to argus in 7.3 it won't have flying enabled.
    It couldn't be called a compromise when one side lose everything and the other party get it's way to the end: it's called imposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I assume there will be a catchup mechanic for the achievements later on when the devs realize barely anyone has flying and how stupid this was.
    there was no such thing in WoD why shoudl it appear in Legion ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there was no such thing in WoD why shoudl it appear in Legion ?

To be fair, the whole WoD grind was usually less than 2 weeks long if you had gold for the rep items. And only 3 or so weeks if you didn't.

I did it, start to finish, in 17 days and I only bought about 6 of the tokens (not enough gold). Also, during the last week or so of that I was splitting my time with the pre-Legion event, so that might have cost me a day or so.

I am doubtful that will be possible this time around based on what I have read, but I will find our soon enough I guess (when flight returns, so will I).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-03-14 at 11:27 PM.

It's easier than ever to navigate; flying just isn't good gameplay. As an expansion gets older and content becomes old and rewards less useful, blizz says "fuck it, just steamroll the content and do it faster."

I think it's a good compromise to allow flying but only way down the line and with significant effort. For my money, I'd be fine with flying never being active on the most recent expansion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    It's easier than ever to navigate; flying just isn't good gameplay. As an expansion gets older and content becomes old and rewards less useful, blizz says "fuck it, just steamroll the content and do it faster."

I think it's a good compromise to allow flying but only way down the line and with significant effort. For my money, I'd be fine with flying never being active on the most recent expansion content.

I am pretty much the opposite.

I love flight in the gameplay and feel that it enhances the questing and exploration experience greatly.

I would absolutely love if they went back to the pre-WoD methods of attaining flight, but I accept the Pathfinder alternative. If flight were (theoretically) available at the launch of all further expansions, then I would probably re-sub and stay until the game dies (unless they start getting abusive with no-fly patch zones). Currently, I am just waiting on 7.2 so I can re-sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So if you would need to go to 40th story of some building, would u use elevator or would you go by foot?
    There isn't anything on the 40th floor. Or rather, there isn't anything above floor 2.

The difference between flying and not in WoW is more like driving a car somewhere versus walking, seeing as it really only adds speed, not access to inaccessible areas.

Blizzard COULD make use of vertical space, but chooses not to. You could make an expac with flying in mind and make vertical-style zones. Small in terms of width, but multi-layered, like a colossal tower, or a deep deep pit and cave system. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    There isn't anything on the 40th floor. Or rather, there isn't anything above floor 2.

The difference between flying and not in WoW is more like driving a car somewhere versus walking, seeing as it really only adds speed, not access to inaccessible areas.

Blizzard COULD make use of vertical space, but chooses not to. You could make an expac with flying in mind and make vertical-style zones. Small in terms of width, but multi-layered, like a colossal tower, or a deep deep pit and cave system. Stuff like that.
    Car analogy isn't 100% right. It would be right in case of annoying travel times. I.e. if distance from your home to your work is 4km, then it would be nice to "explore" it on feet for the first time only - doing it every day would simply burn you out. But in case of Wow Blizzard can argue, that they added bus (flight paths) for us, so we shouldn't complain. So, no flying is more like doing your job without proper tools. Yeah, you can use pins without hammer, but you can't say the same about nails. May be at some point you will be strong enough to do it (overgear), but hammering nails via bare hands - is just way too clunky and unenjoyable process, that I can't suffer for too long. Flying isn't hammer, but it allows me to avoid nails and deal with pins only. For me such nails are - pseudo-PVP crap, like forced competition with other players (all mobs in sight are dead - I need to get to other side of location FAST), forced socialization, like CRZ/elite/fat/packs of mobs/too high respawn rates, that weak classes, like Mage, can't deal with without overgear, forced exploration crap, that involves annoying terrain/artificial obstacles. Many experiments in Tanaan show me, that I wouldn't need flying, if content would be Vanilla-like.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring. The only times I really find myself thinking "GOD I WISH I HAD FLYING" was when I was lost in Surumar during several story quests but kept running into places with tons of sentries that were also elite. The demon island in Azsuna does irritate me at times because I always get lost finding the one elite, take a wrong turn and end up in a place with elite demon spider things? Stormheim never bothered me aside from getting to the one island in the middle of nowhere with an elite WQ but then it struck me to carry around a bunch of water walking potions (still no strider scrub club). Highmountain use to infuriate the first month but I'm pretty use to it now. Also keeping gliders in inventory alleviated many personal issues I was having.

It does suck that when flying does return it probably won't matter much but its not enough of a problem for me that it hampers my playing time. I don't "love" not having flying but it just doesn't upset me so much.

I think the lack of flying was more annoying in WoD because you would hug terrain looking for chests you needed for a meager amount of garrison resources and ironically having to get enough treasure for the Draenor pathfinder achieve you needed to fly. Lol.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2017-03-15 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frank Succubus View Post
    I stopped caring. The only times I really find myself thinking "GOD I WISH I HAD FLYING" was when I was lost in Surumar during several story quests but kept running into places with tons of sentries that were also elite. The demon island in Azsuna does irritate me at times because I always get lost finding the one elite, take a wrong turn and end up in a place with elite demon spider things? Stormheim never bothered me aside from getting to the one island in the middle of nowhere with an elite WQ but then it struck me to carry around a bunch of water walking potions (still no strider scrub club). Highmountain use to infuriate the first month but I'm pretty use to it now. Also keeping gliders in inventory alleviated many personal issues I was having.

It does suck that when flying does return it probably won't matter much but its not enough of a problem for me that it hampers my playing time. I don't "love" not having flying but it just doesn't upset me so much.

I think the lack of flying was more annoying in WoD because you would hug terrain looking for chests you needed for a meager amount of garrison resources and ironically having to get enough treasure for the Draenor pathfinder achieve you needed to fly. Lol.
    Yeah, flying is like TriSpec or Personal Loot - this features were desperately needed back in WotLK and Cata, but appeared only when it was too late for me - I had already burned out and stopped doing dungeons and raids. Same with flying - when it will be returned, it will most likely be too late for me. That's why I prefer to circumvent this situation. I just don't want to earn Pathfinder 1 and then quit till 7.2 in order not to spoil my gaming experience and not to burn out. And... I want to actually play the game! Otherwise, why would I buy it? I tried other approach back in WOD - I bought xpack, when flying was returned back in 6.2. Yeah, it actually worked. But it won't work in Legion's case. Blizzard have done everything to achieve this goal. Too much grind, no catch ups. Plus xpack itself is crappy - World of Diablocraft. I just don't want to buy it. May be I would buy it, if Blizzard would simply turn flying on with release of 7.2 + would fix some Legion's major problems + would guarantee, that 7.3 wouldn't be no flying content again. But they aren't going to do it. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I am pretty much the opposite.

I love flight in the gameplay and feel that it enhances the questing and exploration experience greatly.

I would absolutely love if they went back to the pre-WoD methods of attaining flight, but I accept the Pathfinder alternative. If flight were (theoretically) available at the launch of all further expansions, then I would probably re-sub and stay until the game dies (unless they start getting abusive with no-fly patch zones). Currently, I am just waiting on 7.2 so I can re-sub.
    I get what you're saying for sure. It's definitely just a difference of opinions, and the challenge for Blizzard is how do they enable flying for those who enjoy it (or even rely on it for fun, in your case, and probably many others), while preserving their intended game systems. WoW is and always has been (barring Vash'jir) a ground-only game. Flight is a means of transportation from one content to another, and with so many flight paths, plus the flightmaster's whistle, I find it totally superfluous right now.

That said, it is fun to fly, so I get why people aren't happy about flight being time-restricted. Hopefully they can figure out a better alternative. WoW has always appealed to such a wide range of folks (by design) that Blizz has a happy problem of trying to make the game work for everyone.

That said, it is fun to fly, so I get why people aren't happy about flight being time-restricted. Hopefully they can figure out a better alternative. WoW has always appealed to such a wide range of folks (by design) that Blizz has a happy problem of trying to make the game work for everyone.
    Well they could let people fly and those that don't like flying could use a ground mount. Shit is just made the game work for everyone!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has always appealed to such a wide range of folks (by design) that Blizz has a happy problem of trying to make the game work for everyone.
    Flying worked for everyone. But Blizzard, that is.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I get what you're saying for sure. It's definitely just a difference of opinions, and the challenge for Blizzard is how do they enable flying for those who enjoy it (or even rely on it for fun, in your case, and probably many others), while preserving their intended game systems. WoW is and always has been (barring Vash'jir) a ground-only game. Flight is a means of transportation from one content to another, and with so many flight paths, plus the flightmaster's whistle, I find it totally superfluous right now.

There have been countless suggestions and methods detailed on how to make it work without breaking it for everyone. Sadly, Blizzard fanatics refuse to accept anything other than whatever nonsense Blizz spouts about how it breaks the game, despite perfectly viable solutions being provided that give everyone what they want. And a distinct inability to accept that some people just don't want to play the game the same way as them.

Flying was not a problem until Blizzard made it into one. It's really just that simple. The only challenge Blizzard faces in regards to flight is managing to pull their head out of their own collective asses.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There have been countless suggestions and methods detailed on how to make it work without breaking it for everyone. Sadly, Blizzard fanatics refuse to accept anything other than whatever nonsense Blizz spouts about how it breaks the game, despite perfectly viable solutions being provided that give everyone what they want. And a distinct inability to accept that some people just don't want to play the game the same way as them.

Flying was not a problem until Blizzard made it into one. It's really just that simple. The only challenge Blizzard faces in regards to flight is managing to pull their head out of their own collective asses.
    Blablablablablablabla

You calling anyone a fanatic is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Flying worked for everyone. But Blizzard, that is.
    Keep being ignorant. it's gotten you this far right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Well they could let people fly and those that don't like flying could use a ground mount. Shit is just made the game work for everyone!
    lmao, retards

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I'm probably just old school, but on this (insert that which shall not be named), mounts are unavailable until 40, no flying until 70, and Azeroth has no flight. Needless to say, the world before Cataclysm was just fine. I think if more people got back to the basics of WoW, and spent less time sweating the small shit, there would be fewer threads and more subs. Sadly, the only thing to change in 11 years is the sheer number of entitled individuals playing this game.
    Stop being an idiot. Azeroth and Kalimdor before Cataclysm had nice roads you could follow, no cliffs/roots/maze-like terrain to traverse. You could get anywhere you want, get your flight points and be done.

It's almost the same we ask of Legion. We did the pathfinder one, give us the fucking flying in Broken Isles now. Pathfinder 2 isn't difficult, but i'm not sure of the Legionfall rep being a fast or a time gated grind.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-17 at 04:08 AM.

To be honest i think this is the perfect middle ground between people who don't want flying and people whom absolutely need flying. I am someone who normally prefers flying but with the glider toy and the whistle i haven't been missing it too much so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    To be honest i think this is the perfect middle ground between people who don't want flying and people whom absolutely need flying. I am someone who normally prefers flying but with the glider toy and the whistle i haven't been missing it too much so far.
    Perfect would have been allowing people to unlock flight at their own pace stead of locking it behind a giant wall of achievements and time-gates.

Perfect would have been to design the world to take flight into consideration and USE it instead of ignoring that it exists.

There is no "compromise" because Blizzard doesn't actually give players what they want. When flying is locked behind a requirement to do everything "ad-nausem" before getting access to it, flying effectively doesn't exist.

Great! Now I have flying. Except I've already done everything I'd want to fly to hundreds of times already. So what's the point?

Deleted
    i originally liked flying but in legion im fine without it...as others have mentioned fly paths are pretty decent, terrain can be engaging(i think most who find it terrible much like hating suramar comes down to terrible players who don't/can't learn/improve and just give up and say:its not my fault its blizz).

Also if you are an engineer or have learned by now to go buy the cheap and OP goblin gliders from AH which everyone can use, and 2 optional toys one obtainable from a vendor for 300g and other from a cool/easy-ish achievement with aviana with 5 and 10 min cd respectively, you will NEVER say going anywhere in legion requires flying...you will just forget all about it.

End of the day if you are crazy about flying and flying alone you can always fly in all the huge places in WoW except latest current content...what more do you want.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don't need flying. I quit playing Legion months ago. Just checked the "final" flying requirements and it's just more crap.

I really thought that once they added it back, I would suck it up and come back to enjoy flying which makes the game (to me) MUCH better.

But, ya know... I'm not. I don't even know what the game is anymore, I'm also "behind" and the idea of "gimme catch-ups" makes me vomit a little in the back of my mouth. I blame Blizzard for their decision to take out flying which kept me playing, farming, etc... when I didn't care to "grind".

2 million gold and 10 game time tokens in inventory (and the 2 million spider bought)... and can't be bothered to re-sub. I may convert the tokens to buy Overwatch... but really.. not into Blizzard's games anymore. They have no substance.
    Like I always say in these threads, if you don't want to do the content to get Flying. Why do you even need Flying?