Poll: Did Blizzard Fail?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Lol. Joking or bait post? Can't tell.
    Not joking. I liked wod more than legion. I didnt unsub during wod. In legion ive already unsubbed.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    You are just flat out retarded if you think it's fine. The difference of power between 10 ilvl is insane. We scale too fast! Back in TBC going from SSC gear to Black Temple gear wasn't that significant which meant old content was still worth doing and people in lower gear had a chance to catchup.

Look at the fuckin progression you mong. Back in the day guilds spent weeks wiping on boss, perfecting the tactics. Now it's case of getting few extra warforged items and you steamroll thru content.

The whole problem with current WoW lies in fucked up math. But mongs like you who don't understand how scaling works obviously are oblivious.
    You're just looking at the loot and coming up with these assumptions. Old content wasn't worth doing back in BC, you were just forced to do it because of attunements. Gear had little to do with it. And if we're still talking about BC, the only bosses people spent weeks on were Kael and Vashj, not because they were hard, but because they were broken. That's what happens when you roll an expansion out with two tiers of raiding at release.

Like the person you quoted said, the reason for the original stat squish wasn't because of scaling issues, but because of technical ones. Your issue seems to be with multiple difficulties of raiding. I don't see where you think better math would fix any issues the game is having now.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Bring back cata pvp so I can have fun in bgs and stuff again.

plz.

Cata pvp was great.

It's hard to look at legion in a vacuum because wod was just so bad. Are there problems with legion? Of course. No game is perfect and devs would be foolish to seek perfection. Is legion a huge step up? Absolutely. In my book it's the best expansion since wrath. So I don't think it's a failure by any means. You guys looking for more options are missing the point. We all have nuanced opinions on why legion is good or bad but that doesn't matter. The question is, is it good or bad?

There are always things to complain about, but do the good outweigh the bad?

I miss WoD.

Alts were fun back then.

Like all games/expansions ever, there have been shortcomings. People before me have listed plenty. There have also been big strides forward for the game as well.

I feel that, for me, Legion was successful. I don't have any issues with it really, and if 8.0 was more or less a legion repeat (with the QoL changes enacted throughout Legion) I'd be quite happy.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    It is a failure for my playstyle. I've been playing since 2005 and now is the first time I've unsubbed.

I've always played A LOT every time a new expansion launched to level and get ready for raiding and usually just raid logged to raid mythic. Now I can't do that for obvious reasons. If I would raid I'd be less powerfull than others in the raid and thus bringing unneeded challenge to the encounters. And I don't like to do repeat content just to get AP or legendaries, there is so much more to do in wow.

If I had time to play 24/7 I might enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up .

Post constructively.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-15 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I miss WoD.

Alts were fun back then.
    I have lots of alts, and I find them more fun than in WoD... there was very little to do on them in wod. Get them to level, work for awhile on getting gear to get shitty gear from LFR, maybe get some TJ gear when 6.2 came out.

Now I can WQ, get legendaries, get decent LFR gear, and more.

Deleted
    Considering that they put it on themselves to have 5-6 characters at the level or ahead of some people's mains to do split runs. That is something they forced on themselves to stay competetive which is in my opinion bad in an xpac that has a surplus of content even for one character due to character progression being something u have to invest in. If there was a way for them to remove split runs and make it fine to have one character and put effort into one instead of having multiple chars to min max to get world first kills. In my experience from what I have seen and heard from any guild that have players playing what they want to play and focusing everything into one char has had a good time in this xpac once the AP grind ended so that m+ wasn't pigeonheld into running the most optimal dungeons for clearing but rather do the dungeons that are good for gearing and maybe more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nugemon View Post
    It is a failure for my playstyle. I've been playing since 2005 and now is the first time I've unsubbed.

I've always played A LOT every time a new expansion launched to level and get ready for raiding and usually just raid logged to raid mythic. Now I can't do that for obvious reasons. If I would raid I'd be less powerfull than others in the raid and thus bringing unneeded challenge to the encounters. And I don't like to do repeat content just to get AP or legendaries, there is so much more to do in wow.

If I had time to play 24/7 I might enjoy it.
    Personally Im thrilled that lazy or players that dont have moderate time to invest in the game can no longer raid the highest end of content, a lot of casuals and herioc raiders are better players than a lot of mythic raiders but dont have a guild for one reason or another, inconsistent schedule, friends in a casual guild, not liking the people in the mythic guilds theyve tried ect. The highest end of the game should take dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    For example..? We haven't had one rehashed dungeon or raid or zone yet.

And don't say timewalking, that's left over from WoD and is practically irrelevant to the expansion itself.
    Violet Hold, Dalaran and Karazhan would like to have a word with you.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

biggest fail was the class "design" this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    VH is the only worthwhile mention there, its still a meh instance. Dalaran is just a city to spend time in, and a very well laid out city, and a loved city, its not a bad thing.

Karazhan is only really half rehashed, its mostly a new dungeon and from people who have done it, and myself, a very good one at that.

Honestly, I don't think legion is bad. It's more of a "this genre is fucking 15 years old by now and we are all tired of it".
    No MMORPG right now is special or does something different. Basically the same shit in a different outfit. And most ppl grew just out of it, got a live, kids, work etc.

The game itself is not bad or wrong. It's the ppl that changed. In what kind of direction we will see. Let's hope the future brings RTS back and something like Wing Commander 6 without any RPG in it aside from weapons loadout before missions :P
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The grind is to much for the hardcore raiding guilds because they are not able to put something on farm status for long due to more new content coming out.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Yes. Legion is basically wod 2.0. The same garbage. Diablo team shouldnt have done this exp.
    legion is nothing like WoD at all.

this is why u can't take mmo-c seriously with polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I miss WoD.

Alts were fun back then.
    yeah so fun log garrison, go lfr, go afk
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I wouldn't say they failed. They went too far though with the timesink and RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I completely forgot about VH. Dalaran doesn't really count, it's a city not content. The real "city" we spend time in is our class hall. Karazhan's first half is the same, I'll give you that.