Poll: Did Blizzard Fail?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes. I personally rate Legion as one of the worst expansions to date. People keep saying that there's loads to do when in fact there is very little content to do but you just have to do that content over and over again. With the legendary/AP/titanforge systems added on top of that i think that this expansion is not all that good.

Also i hate mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion that keeps the game subscription based is a success for a game this old tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Artifact Power was never meant to be "finishable", AP is the answer to "there is nothing to do" after an expansion went on for a while. There are about 1000 players in the whole world for whom finishing it is kinda required (contestants in world first race) but for everyone else it offers game content whenever they log in. Diminishing returns on AP farm is meant to save you from your compulsive self, the fact that they increase it means that too many people can't control themselves and play unhealthy hours for unnecessary power gains.
    It is certainly meant to be completed to this point so far. Most of mythic NH is balanced around a raid with 54 talents in their weapons. Making it a bit of a pain in the ass for groups that aren't, be it new members, rerolls or people that don't play 7 days a week. Blizzard can say certain things all they want but the proof is in the pudding and their actions speak louder then the nonsense they spout off at people. I have toons on 2 servers and both have the top raids/guilds hemoraging people because they were having organised EN, ToV and NH for speed normal and heroic runs for AP and increased chances at legendaries. Nothing like the fun of running outdated content for quick AP. It was clear balance was going to be an issue as soon as Blizzard proposed artifact weapons, but holy shit have they struggled to even come close to getting it right. The stacking damage buff for your last 20 points in your weapon was a mistake waiting to happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Not joking. I liked wod more than legion. I didnt unsub during wod. In legion ive already unsubbed.
    Sucks. So you choose to not to do all the content or don't like grinding/rng/artifact in an RPG? Or?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

i'm still playing, but the mission table and the endless rng is making me really wish someone else would make a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm still playing, but the mission table and the endless rng is making me really wish someone else would make a better game.
    How is the mission table even part of that? I look at the damn thing once every 2 weeks when my raid mission pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is certainly meant to be completed to this point so far. Most of mythic NH is balanced around a raid with 54 talents in their weapons. Making it a bit of a pain in the ass for groups that aren't, be it new members, rerolls or people that don't play 7 days a week. Blizzard can say certain things all they want but the proof is in the pudding and their actions speak louder then the nonsense they spout off at people. I have toons on 2 servers and both have the top raids/guilds hemoraging people because they were having organised EN, ToV and NH for speed normal and heroic runs for AP and increased chances at legendaries. Nothing like the fun of running outdated content for quick AP. It was clear balance was going to be an issue as soon as Blizzard proposed artifact weapons, but holy shit have they struggled to even come close to getting it right. The stacking damage buff for your last 20 points in your weapon was a mistake waiting to happen.
    You can blame the top end for the balancing for 54 traits. They didn't expect people to have as many traits as the did for EN and they steamrolled it, so they started balancing on the top end. They should have just balanced it like they planned, probably for like... mid 40s in traits, and just let the top end be bored and figure out they overkilled it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a shit about the "grind". I'm having fun. I take artifact power as it comes. I have never once gone out and farmed it.

It hasn't failed you, you have failed it.

Only the last 3 bosses are based around 54. First 3 are based on 35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't understand math, you could have just said that, then again maybe you are saying your little mantra of the day.
    I understand Math. But I find people that think Legendaries are required to compete are mostly just bad players

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    What is your opinion? Did they fail with the legendary system and with the artifact grind? When hardcore guilds quit because "The grind is too much" what does that mean for the casual player?
    when hardcore guilds say "The grind is too much" That doesent effect casual players. Why?
    cause casual players dont need to spend days and weeks farming Maw to get 54 weapons in 3 weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    That "endless grind" QQ makes me laugh so hard, i`m playing on random times, i have my weapon at 53, soon 54. I`m raiding with pugs, got my Guldan curve with a pug. Doing plusses with friends and sometimes raiding with my guild if i am online when ever they are raiding. Good expansion, RNG sucks but who cares, atleast i have something to play with my friends and is casual friendly aswell.

Love Legion, then again I don't partake in mindless grinding I attempt to be first in a race that means nothing.

Fun fact - every current expansion since BC has been the worst expansion ever. Every expansion including LK sucked when people were playing it.

Well, that's if you asked the min/max player or the whinger, or the player that RNG didn't favour etc.

It is always a matter of having rose coloured glassed on the back of your head and brown coloured glasses on the front.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

My only problem with Legion is the RNG on the RNG on the RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Personally Im thrilled that lazy or players that dont have moderate time to invest in the game can no longer raid the highest end of content, a lot of casuals and herioc raiders are better players than a lot of mythic raiders but dont have a guild for one reason or another, inconsistent schedule, friends in a casual guild, not liking the people in the mythic guilds theyve tried ect. The highest end of the game should take dedication.
    Taking 12 hours a week to raid should be enough dedication. It's a game, not work.

Quote Originally Posted by nugemon View Post
    Taking 12 hours a week to raid should be enough dedication. It's a game, not work.
    Than dont play it like its a competition, enjoy whatever challenge your gear and other progression allows for. If you need to be higher in achievement and/or gear to feel happy with the game than its just not for you.

As a semi-hardcore, the level of play i've always held myself too is now gated behind absurd grinds. I quit after my guild hit a hard DPS check on Krosus Mythic, that isn't completable without heavy AP and legendary item grinding. The point of the game for me has always been about using my skill to kill bosses. Now before you can even consider the potential of clearing a boss, you have a minimum AP grind and a minimum amount of GOOD legendaries. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

fail no, did the swing to far the other way from WoD, also yes.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post
    As a semi-hardcore, the level of play i've always held myself too is now gated behind absurd grinds. I quit after my guild hit a hard DPS check on Krosus Mythic, that isn't completable without heavy AP and legendary item grinding. The point of the game for me has always been about using my skill to kill bosses. Now before you can even consider the potential of clearing a boss, you have a minimum AP grind and a minimum amount of GOOD legendaries. That just doesn't seem fair to me.
    Heavy AP grind? really? If AP was a barrier at all when NH came out youre not semi hardcore, youre a casual raider. I'm at 54 traits on resto gaurdian and 46 into balance, and I dont play a ton