Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry16 View Post
    No, it says 0.3 sec for Serenity and the new extra text says:

"The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend."

So it is definitely a nerf for SEF.

That makes no sense, the wording on this is reduced, which is the wording for seren, where as for SEF it's extended.

in the blizzard notes it says increased

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.

Directly from the blue notes

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post
    The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.

definitely a mistake, the word meant is increased

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    buff the other fucking legendaries instead of nerfing boots, DHC was maybe to good. But when other classes have insane legendaries and we have a fucking ring that gives +15% movement speed to our aura then something is fucking wrong.
    its actually one of the things i love about ww monks ,, we dont need an INSANE legendary to perform well , unlike mages rogues .. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post

if you go to the actual blue post itself in the tracker, the wording is "increased" by .4 seconds

Deleted
    On a more positive aspect the buff to emperors capacitor seems huge as they have already increased the base dmg of the spell by 50% with 7.1.5. If this makez it live i think the chest will be quite strong. What do u think;

People still play windwalker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    People still play windwalker?
    I ask myself the same question, feelsbadman.

I'd like them to try and explain this rather than just tossing it out there and expecting us to be happy about it. We're not a over-preforming class, we're not topping DPS yet somehow for some reason they decided we should have our legendaries nerfed with absolutely no compensation.

Sometimes I cannot fathom how these guys can call themselves developers.

Only class in wow history that only gets constant nerfs. Last expansion at start we were getting nerfed literally every day. Now we were bugged to death. Now we have only our legendaries getting nerfed to the ground. Wtf... re roll or suffer

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvrmd View Post
    I have both bracers and boots on my WW and yes the nerf sucks but atm they are both mandatory and probably needed a nerf to make other legendaries as well as WW who dont own bracers and boots more viable. There is still a lot of class tuning to be expected which might compensate for the nerf. The only thing I don´t understand is how almost every other classes legendaries got buffs or remained the same and WW got screwed twice.
    This! Looking at Shadow Priest for example, which is now atm the best singel target dps class in game.. Just had two of their legendaries INCREASED and made BIS, even though they have like 3 sick Legendarys already..

But Yeah, I can understand the nerf as they were OP as hell, but I feel that they could have rather increased the bad ones, instead of nerfing the good ones.. Which they have done for almost every other class. Sad day for WW monks

Deleted
    This is so not cool, Lets hope it stays in the PTR like the idea of FoF slows instead stuns in PvP few months ago.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2017/0...ndary-changes/

Walkingthewind just got updated with thoughts on the new legendary changes, recommend all WW monks to check it out.

Lets cross our fingers for some positive results when the sims get updated

Deleted
    I probably am in the minority but personally i felt more excited than sad. I really don't like that there's legendaries that are you just use by default all the time. Am i sad that as a result we might perform worse? Yes, but at the same time i understand that it's not healthy that legendaries 'enabled' us. There's fixing to do with the spec. Either way, i don't think we'll be completely dead like many people think. We were fine when DHC were just a stack stick. Katsuo's needs a aoe heavy raid for them to really do work for you dps wise. On the other hand the gloves look really good now and i pray that blizzard let's the Capacitor buff go live.

I feel that it's fine that all the legendaries are viable, but I feel their philosophy of "we see you swapping back and forth between legendaries based on the fight" is a poor one. I don't currently have an appropriate ilvl bracer because I would feel like a jerk rolling against anybody who would actually use the stuff as a genuine upgrade, I don't always have flexibility to just throw on a set of gloves because it'll break my 4pc set bonus. There are so many other things to consider when just "flip from fight to fight" I like the fact that I can set two pieces and forget it instead of wildly altering my rotation for every boss (outside of what the mechanics already have me do)

Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    I probably am in the minority but personally i felt more excited than sad. I really don't like that there's legendaries that are you just use by default all the time. Am i sad that as a result we might perform worse? Yes, but at the same time i understand that it's not healthy that legendaries 'enabled' us. There's fixing to do with the spec. Either way, i don't think we'll be completely dead like many people think. We were fine when DHC were just a stack stick. Katsuo's needs a aoe heavy raid for them to really do work for you dps wise. On the other hand the gloves look really good now and i pray that blizzard let's the Capacitor buff go live.
    You seem more like you were jealous and now relieved, than being the minority excuse.

The nerfs are pretty unreal, don't really see why Blizz needs to tone down WW legendaries. Buff the others so you're not "required" to have wrist/belt/boots. That being said don't panic just yet, the notes just came in. Wait until it actually goes live before you freak out over changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deverick View Post
    The nerfs are pretty unreal, don't really see why Blizz needs to tone down WW legendaries. Buff the others so you're not "required" to have wrist/belt/boots. That being said don't panic just yet, the notes just came in. Wait until it actually goes live before you freak out over changes.
    Dude when it comes to monk the changes are never reverted. It never happened. This will go live as is. Unless the dev team grows some balls and trust me I really wish I am the one wrong here. Have in mind also that I do not have the boots that are taking the major hit and neither the belt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    Dude when it comes to monk the changes are never reverted. It never happened. This will go live as is. Unless the dev team grows some balls and trust me I really wish I am the one wrong here. Have in mind also that I do not have the boots that are taking the major hit and neither the belt.
    Thats not true, blizzard nerfed emperors capacitor 2 times before releasing the latest patch. They are undoing exactly these nerfs for now, but i wont hold my breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    You seem more like you were jealous and now relieved, than being the minority excuse.
    I mean, not really. I do have the bracers. Our 2nd Monk has boots and bracers and i can still keep up with him. I would've wanted to try out the boots just to get the rotation smoother, not denying that. But i wouldn't say that i'm really relieved because i will have all the WW legendaries by Tomb of sargeras anyways. So it's not like i was worried that i wouldn't have the boots for next progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    On a more positive aspect the buff to emperors capacitor seems huge as they have already increased the base dmg of the spell by 50% with 7.1.5. If this makez it live i think the chest will be quite strong. What do u think;
    Agreed, it does.

The #7 WW parse on mythic Krosus used Emperor's Capacitor, and it accounted for 5.75% of his overall damage. A flat doubling of that damage with no other restrictions is eyebrow raising.

It was always a bit underrated as a "terrible" legendary because DHC & Katsuo were so incredibly strong...but those days are obviously over.

Even if it's a buff to a legendary I have...combined w/ the new tier bonuses I'm not sure I'm liking Monk being changed more & more into a single target spec. Is ToS purely ST? Is that why only our ST is being buffed lately?