Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Yeah, the metal archives are still the go-to website for anything metal. Alternatively, you could check if that band is listed on Rate Your Music and see what bands are associated with them there or if they are included on any lists.
    hehe i kinda forgot about it when i discovered last.fm but that kind of turned to shit some time ago so i've been out of the loop.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been playing nonstop for me, might surpass Junius for AOTYSF.
    Greek black metal that rolls like a fucking buldozer with some of the best bass I've ever heard in the genre.

A warning when you get to 2:18 and onwards, your neck won't survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, this happened.

just found this EP for this up and coming doom band High Priest and I'm really digging them.

I'm pretty sure some of you will like this.
    Been jamming this album for about a week now. Patiently waiting for my vinyl to get here.

Tunes for the evening:
    https://sunlessband.bandcamp.com/album/urraca
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2017-03-15 at 04:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I have a closet full of TBDM shirts. I used to love going to the mall just to hit up Hot Topic to see if they had any new ones in. Just need to lose a tad bit more weight to fit back into most of them, if only I had the foresight to buy larges instead of mediums.
    This was always my favorite
    Don't like the band but this color combo is pretty awesome!

New Evocation is out. I like it so far! Not as good as their previous album (2012, been a while!) but I like this track (Survival of the Sickest) the most:

Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-03-17 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Didn't we start this thread with someone vehemently maintaining the Agalloch was the best band ever?

https://pillorian.bandcamp.com/
    This is pretty good. Had this on my list to listen to for awhile. Glad I finally gave it a spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Mastodon already leaked. Just finished my first listen and I'd say it's about a 7/10. It's definitely watered down and overpolished but there are still some good tracks here and there, especially in the mid-section of the album.
    Thanks, you saved me going through with it. If there's one thing I'm not in the mood in, it's a watered down Mastodon album.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really metal, but Ulver are fucking amazing at whatever they do.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-03-18 at 06:54 PM.

Going to see these guys next week, incredibly fking stoked. I've been listening to them since just after high school, I never thought I'd get the chance to see them play live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha. Love that band, even if I feel they mellowed out a bit much on their last album.

Deleted
    Really digging the new Pallbearer record.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm there for Mysticum. Everything else is a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Isis live album is out, notably after they disbanded. Tried to link it via youtube but all I'm getting is some random dudes getting beheaded.

I figured this would be the place to ask. I'm not much of a Korn fan, but they have two songs - "My Gift to You" and "No One's There" that are pretty good, and I'm looking for bands that play in a similar style to these two songs - slow, thick, sort of a soaring chorus. I browsed some doom metal bands and didn't hear anything like what I'm looking for. Anyone have any suggestions?

In terms of instrumentation there should probably some (sludge) doom bands out there that can get close to what you're looking for, but if you also want the vocalist to sound like Jonathan Davis, you will have a hard time finding anything. I'll dig through my stuff and see if I can come up with anything. I'll edit this post once I do.
    Thank you! The closest I would prefer the vocalist to approach Davis would just be clean vocals, without the constant guttural growling. That may not really be a common music style for all I know, since the slow plodding songs tend to be accompanied by the growling.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Frogguh, try these

I'll check the videos out. Another song that has the same "style" I have in mind is "All secrets Known" by Alice in Chains, if that helps convey the idea. Thanks for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0PnJq3Bitc

That Junius album is pretty great for an afternoon listen. Fun stuff Thanks for sharing it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    That Junius album is pretty great for an afternoon listen. Fun stuff Thanks for sharing it!
    It's tied with Acrimonious' release as my metal album of the year so far.