Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many people are complaining about the abundance of survival games... And here I am, dumbfounded, with no idea what a survival game is. :/ Is it like Alien: Isolation, in which you need to survive for as long as possible? If so, I don't think I've ever played one, aside from some custom maps in Blizzard RTS games.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Minecraft version 64
    Only if it can be modded to hell and back again, which I'm frankly not seeing here.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-15 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So many people are complaining about the abundance of survival games... And here I am, dumbfounded, with no idea what a survival game is. :/ Is it like Alien: Isolation, in which you need to survive for as long as possible? If so, I don't think I've ever played one, aside from some custom maps in Blizzard RTS games.
    It's not, in this case we're talking about open world survival games... Google "ARK", "7 Days to Die", "The Forest", "H1Z1", "Subsistence", etc..
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-15 at 07:12 AM.

No interest at all. Ex Vanilla doesn't mean a thing if you aren't telling me you are developing an old school MMO, which no one would do because it would be hard to ever make your investment back.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    No interest at all. Ex Vanilla doesn't mean a thing if you aren't telling me you are developing an old school MMO, which no one would do because it would be hard to ever make your investment back.
    With the ironic part being that this is exactly what these devs did before Rend and failing spectacularily with it. I just wonder if these guys wanted that to be mentioned or if the fool writing the article had to inject it and if he did it on purpose and what he expected to get out of the reaction.

Lets see how this will shape up.

Concept sounds ok, but I dont see how they are going to balance pve vs pvp vs factions balance etc.

On a side note, looking at http://www.frostkeep.com/the-team/
    Mat later joined Carbine where he led the world, prop and rendering team and helped define the art style of Wildstar.

Huh, one of architects of Wildstar's failure... I mean, I havent met anyone who liked the Wildstar artstyle, most of people I know pointed it out as one of the main reasons they left/didnt play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Rokford View Post
    Huh, one of architects of Wildstar's failure... I mean, I havent met anyone who liked the Wildstar artstyle, most of people I know pointed it out as one of the main reasons they left/didnt play the game...
    That's actually one of few things I like about WS, I also like its AH system

Why are people so negative here holy shit calm down
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Deleted
    <--- Waves at you.
    The artstyle is the only thing that attracted me to the game in the 1st place; as it does make it stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Why are people so negative here holy shit calm down
    Are you new to MMO-Champion? That's what 90% of this forum is; negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay in the video doesn't look like something I'd enjoy tbh. The environment during the hunting looked nice, but there are more games with nice visuals.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Of course, you can't have a survival game without it being in early access for a few years or...forever.
    Add a paid expansion while still being in early access for good measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Are you new to MMO-Champion? That's what 90% of this forum is; negativity.
    I would say 90% is quite an underestimation!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game doesnt have a good goal. I could make it better. Because right now it looks like something like Planetside 2:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlanetSide_2

...also humans again.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Concept sounds ok, but I dont see how they are going to balance pve vs pvp vs factions balance etc.

Mat later joined Carbine where he led the world, prop and rendering team and helped define the art style of Wildstar.

I never tried Wildstar, but I saw a few videos. Game looked pretty fun, but the whole art style and "comedic" feeling to it made it feel extremely cringeworthy. So I just stayed away from it.

Doesn't really look too good. Meh trailer as well and might be too boring..

Trailer doesn't leave me with anything more than a "meh".

Usual lots of buzzwords, "vanilla-wow devs" which has lost relevance years ago. I'm not saying it's doomed at the start because we don't actually have much on it, but concept is basically "we're throwing some of eveything into it" which usually turns out to be a bad decision.

It's not the game itself. It looks like there's no definite purpose or goal but to sell copies of a "whatever survival game", which we have plenty of in the market and only a few managed to turn out good. It's the same thing that happened with MMOs all over again.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Looks so MEH! ... :|

Deleted

The art style was probably the only thing i did like about wildstar :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Oh cool a Survival RPG game! What a new and interesting concept.
    Schrodinger's sarcasm