Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

M Krosus - general help requested (logs included)

Hi,

I'm part of one of those guilds that are hitting the 3/10 wall and I'm here to ask for advice about what we can do to fix some of the hurdles we seem to keep running into. We know a grand majority of the wipes are to the domino effect - one or two people die to something at some point and it cascades from there through reduced pitch soaking and loss of throughput. For reference, were into the third week on this boss, and we're a 3-day, 9-hour a week guild.

We have tweaked things here and there, for example stacking at boss outside of pitch soaking and add killing, informally setting groups to soak certain zones, but we seem to be having significant consistency problems. We can't outright fix dying to beams or bridge breaks but I was hoping someone would be able to glean something here that would be relatively simple fixes so we can build off of that.

No need to be gentle here, I know it's not pretty: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=summary

Additional point: with a few exceptions, most players are locked into their specs.

There are literally 3 or 4 mechanics on Krosus. The only thing that can be fixed is not dying to random stuff while doing enough DPS to kill the boss before he kills raid at 6 minute mark.

Absolutely no one is allowed to die to fel beam, and you guys have alot of fel beam death.

Actually no one can die at all if you want to kill krosus. There are addons that do the hand holding for you on the beams and slam, might want to get them

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LWs/edit#gid=0

Why are your melees running way further back than afflock who could just use portal

Good luck doing that with a mistweaver.

It can be done, but it will make it harder... because Revival is the only raid cooldown you can't use to cover the double orb+slam at the end... tranquility/hymn/healingtide can heal on both of those if timed well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Good luck doing that with a mistweaver.

It can be done, but it will make it harder... because Revival is the only raid cooldown you can't use to cover the double orb+slam at the end... tranquility/hymn/healingtide can heal on both of those if timed well.
    Stop spouting nonsense, the fight can be done easily with a mistweaver. They got a resto shaman so they can use SLT + Darknesses for the combo in the end. Even without that you can survive with revival + personals/healthstones just fine.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before this spirals into a discussion of raid composition, is there anything that can be looked over at an individual level?

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    We can't outright fix dying to beams or bridge breaks
    But that's what you should fix first, since it's the easiest and the biggest dps loss. I understand some people need hand holding, can you have a raid leader or someone generally aware tell people "move left, move right" on the beam and announce bridge break so they know to gtfo in time even if that means stopping dps? Stopping dps for 5 sec to move back is better than stopping dps for 3 mins because you're dead.

Not sure what's your roster situation (generally it's never lenient in non-top guilds, I know), but consider benching people who die the most to the easiest mechanics, falling off the bridge at 3rd slam is really a no-no.

Looking at your pulls where you had the least amount of deaths (until a wipe was called I assume), even if everyone stays alive for 6 minutes the boss is still going to have a LOT of health left, I don't think I found a single pull where you didn't have at LEAST 5+ people parsing in the grey, and it's not even like you have those one or two people that can help pick up the slack.... :\.

You said be tough so I'm being blunt, you need to have a sit down with EVERY SINGLE DPS that raids with you and explain that they have X amount of time to get up to an acceptable level (provide them with links to class Discords, MMOC, Icyveins, H2P/Altered Time/SE&L etc), at that point you need to decide if you want to progress or keep playing with each other.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump for any further feedback.

Deleted
    Hi mate! I main a resto shaman and have downed Krosus M, i might be able to give you some tips.

Alright, first of all, Beams!! You can not have players dying from this. Super easy mechanic and slows your DPS uptime by alot. Best way to handle this if individual players are capable on their own, have your RL call out where to move. Yes this will prolly lower your RLs preformance by 5-10%, but it will be worth it.

A few players are also dying from the Orb, make sure you are using all your raid utilitys, personal speedbuffs and GATEWAY. You have 2 warlocks, place gateways in proper position for Orbs at the hardest timings(2:25 and 4:53 i think).

Overall your DPS looks to low. DPS req is around 600k. You have most DPS below that and that is not a possibility.
    Your overall healing seems abit low aswell, are you planing your CDs for the entire fight with timers and stuff using some textbased addon(Angry Assignments?)?, if not: DO IT
    Also make sure u are using CDs from your warriors, Spriest and Demonhunters, from your logs you can improve here alot. Include them in the general CD rotation.

If you can implement all this and reduce those deaths to... 0 Only DPS will be holding you back. Go for it

Having a quick look at your healers, they all seem to be ooming themselves at around 3.5 minutes, and only using a cheap mana pot to regen. Bear in mind this fight is around 6 mins in total - with the hardest part being at the end - they need to find a way to hold back some mana for then.

We actually all stacked at the boss from the very start (sorry if you ended up doing this - i only looked at the replay on pull #2) but this helped a lot in the effectiveness of the healing during that phase. Your paladin and shaman will be a lot more effective if they can have everyone chunked together.

I play resto shaman myself and can definitely recommend he runs with Earthen Shield Totem. I was using it on either the orbs or the slams (depending on whether i was the one targeted) and on last night's kill, it absorbed about 17mil (which is about half a mil more than my healing stream totems over the entire fight). It's definitely worth dropping AV for.
    SLT is good for the bridge break with darkness and if he uses it on the first, it will be up just in time for the 3rd as well, and its very nice to have that to stabilise before the shitstorm at the end.

As a general rule, you need your dps to be somewhere in the region of 650k each in order to make the fight. As you can probably already see, you have a lot of people way too far below this. Whether or not they are purely losing dps to dealing with mechanics is neither here nor there really - i wouldnt expect them to gain a substantial amount once they have the tactics down. Perhaps you have people you could rotate in? trying different set ups isnt necessarily a bad thing if you have the option to do so.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I've got a new set of logs I wouldn't mind some feedback on. We've gotten to a point the mechanics are quite a bit better, though the 2nd pitch hurdle is still inconsistent. What I'm looking for is more individual feedback, such as 'what could player X be doing to pull better numbers', if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9&type=summary

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    Having a quick look at your healers, they all seem to be ooming themselves at around 3.5 minutes, and only using a cheap mana pot to regen. Bear in mind this fight is around 6 mins in total - with the hardest part being at the end - they need to find a way to hold back some mana for then.
    The best part to use a channeled pot is usually when he does 2 beams in a row followed by an orb, you usually can channel it fully before the orb lands.

But usually when you oom yourself it means explosions are too close from the group and people don't stand enough in the healing circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Hi,

I've got a new set of logs I wouldn't mind some feedback on. We've gotten to a point the mechanics are quite a bit better, though the 2nd pitch hurdle is still inconsistent. What I'm looking for is more individual feedback, such as 'what could player X be doing to pull better numbers', if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9&type=summary
    OK, so this is gonna be kinda biased because I just picked the lowest dps and looked at him, don't have time for more so not sure if he's consistently your lowest or not. That's the DK named Derval. Ofc I could still argue your DH Aklino managed to die from fel beam twice on that same try, so that's even worse... But I wrote it already. People need to stop dying from fel beam, period.

So... the DK. First of all, is he some form of reroll or...? He has 43 traits only, weak legendaries (sephuz and prydaz), and he didn't even proc sephuz that often as he could, bad trinkets (the versa one is utter shite, ursoc trinket was good in the days of machine gun spec, in the age of breath it's not good anymore). Too much versa on gear while too little haste (and the trinket is half of the blame here).

Except that, he didn't pot second time (either fucked prepot or forgot?), he didn't pool runes for the second breath so it fell off much faster than his 1st or 3rd, he was sitting on his rime procs here and there for way too long even counting he might have had to move, his uptime on gathering storm isn't that good either, and he could've squeezed another dragon near the end if he casts first one within first minute, but that last thing won't add him a lot of dps (might hit a lot of adds though if you have them at the end, that would help managing them).

Anyway have to go now, would be nice if someone could check your hunter and shaman that are really low, generally you can't have people doing less than half a million dps.

Does the beam on mythic alternate like heroic? might help with that if it is. Is the BM hunter using ST talents? seems he logged out with aoe talents

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Does the beam on mythic alternate like heroic?
    Yes, it's completely predictable except the first one. The raid can always move ahead instead of waiting for it to hit

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Yes, it's completely predictable except the first one. The raid can always move ahead instead of waiting for it to hit
    This. We adjusted our movement to be that everyone actually moves AFTER the beam to the safe side then theres a lot less chance of someone being caught out. The only ones that still occasionally zap people are when we soak and it can be slightly disorientating.