Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - snippity snip -
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2017-03-15 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Which is why MSNBC spun it as some death dealer
    MSNBC Tweet: Breaking: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9 PM E.T. MSNBC.

Oh yeah. I see what you're saying now. They really spun it as some "death dealer".

Just stop with the dishonesty.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Because the initial tweet from Maddow said they had Trumps tax returns. It wasn't specific... on purpose, to drive up viewership for that episode.
    Then a few minutes before the show started she tweeted it's just his 2005 return.. that was already talked about by the Wall Street Journal in March of 2016.

People got baited to tune into, essentially, a show about nothing. There is nothing damaging or illegal in the returns, but she played off peoples hate of Trump and the whole tax return situation to get more viewers and all that. He does what every other rich person who hates paying taxes does... he pays the lowest LEGAL amount of taxes afforded to him by the current laws.

If you can't see why people, myself included, were upset at this then I don't know whats wrong with you.

BTW, I didn't tune in because I had a feeling it was just her baiting us and playing off emotions to get more viewers. I was right and instead watched wrestling.
    So they advertised their show. Didn't lie about anything. Presented the facts they had. Even warned everyone before the show, that it won't be what you think it is.

And all of you are screaming and crying and stomping your feet about how you were lied to?

Puhleaze....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Angrily moving the goal posts aside, again, IRS/FBI isn't going to go after him for tax records unless he broke the law with them, but there is potentially concerning content that is still legal that could be quite damaging to his public image.
    What goal posts?

If it's legal - that's all there is to it. Nothing else matters. I don't care if you have a personal vendetta against the man, and want his public image damaged. Some might think it's borderline treason to wish and actively do so, he is the elected president. So DO IT YOURSELF. Don't ask him to help you. That's just SILLY. You SHOULD be content that there's nothing illegal though. Right?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    MSNBC Tweet: Breaking: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9 PM E.T. MSNBC.

Oh yeah. I see what you're saying now. They really spun it as some "death dealer".

Just stop with the dishonesty.
    Funny how you couldn't quote the back half.

I guess we knew what your opinion was before this became the nonsense it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember folks. Investigations are proof of wrongdoing now. Remember that the next time any person that isn't Trump gets investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So they advertised their show. Didn't lie about anything. Presented the facts they had. Even warned everyone before the show, that it won't be what you think it is.

And all of you are screaming and crying and stomping your feet about how you were lied to?

Puhleaze....
    They wanted that dagger, they didnt get it. So they cry.

Can someone give me a good TLDR? Seems like a lot of nothing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you couldn't quote the back half.
    Not sure what you're talking about here.

I guess we knew what your opinion was before this became the nonsense it is.
    My opinion is that any news organization that received these has a duty to release them. They also make Trump look good.

Remember folks. Investigations are proof of wrongdoing now. Remember that the next time any person that isn't Trump gets investigated.
    Nope. That's never been the case. I'm simply of the opinion that it's not a conspiracy theory if there's an active investigation. Trump could be totally clean here. We will have to wait.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Everyone who hates Trump thought this was a death sentence. Turned into proof he pays taxes.

MSNBC continues to be the garbage pile that backs Sharpton.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's basically correct. Random journalist received a 2 page tax form from anonymous source. Released them. They show Trump paid effective tax rate of 24%. They don't tell us anything else.
    Eat yo vegetables

Not sure what you're talking about here.

My opinion is that any news organization that received these has a duty to release them. They also make Trump look good.

Nope. That's never been the case. I'm simply of the opinion that it's not a conspiracy theory if there's an active investigation. Trump could be totally clean here. We will have to wait.
    Yep yep. That's why it wasn't a witch hunt during the Benghazi investigations, right?

I think this is lose/lose for Trump no matter what. The returns could show him playing the system and its a loss. It could show him paying "only" millions and its a loss. It could show him paying 50 million and then put would just shut up about it. People that hate him for this tax return business won't suddenly give trump a round of applause.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone who hates Trump thought this was a death sentence. Turned into proof he pays taxes.

MSNBC continues to be the garbage pile that backs Sharpton.
    Yeah I wasn't expecting much when I saw it was MSNBC.

TLDR MSNBC had a 2005 tax return that shows Trump paid 25% in taxes, 6% more than what Obama paid. Oh, and Trump is this the devil/Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Puhleaze....
    Considering the manner in which things were released, it's pretty obvious that the initial tweet was just to bait people in knowing full well how people would react to it. A clarifying tweet released shortly before doesn't have nearly as much time to circulate around social media. How many people do you actually think follow her directly, and thus would realize it was only from 2005 and go "oh, well that's not as interesting as I thought it would be, guess I won't tune in." And at this point, unless there's something truly substantive to it, it's completely pointless to dredge up bits and pieces of tax returns because the only people who are going to care about these scraps are people who want to see Trump get burned by them to begin with. At this point, I would much rather more pressure be put him his apparent nonchalance towards rampant North Korean aggression, as opposed to poking at his public image.... or simply, you know, covering something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What goal posts?

If it's legal - that's all there is to it. Nothing else matters. I don't care if you have a personal vendetta against the man, and want his public image damaged. Some might think it's borderline treason to wish and actively do so, he is the elected president. So DO IT YOURSELF. Don't ask him to help you. That's just SILLY. You SHOULD be content that there's nothing illegal though. Right?
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that your massive disconnect from anything that I have said is due to the fact that my responses don't match the script you've been given. So since you aren't actually responding to me, I'm going to just assume the conversation is over.

That's basically correct. Random journalist received a 2 page tax form from anonymous source. Released them. They show Trump paid effective tax rate of 24%. They don't tell us anything else.
    Is that considered high or low?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nothing, obviously. You just don't get Trump. I wouldn't release my tax returns either if I were in his shoes. You know why? Because haters demand me to. Lol. I will not give in and drink their tears.
    Mmm, yeah, not buying a word of that. For real why won't he release them? This entire controversy is due to him. Could've stopped it at any time by showing them. And this from the guy who pushed the birther conspiracy theory for years.

You don't needlessly expend political capital for no reason and undermine your own legitimacy for nothing. Not unless you are either very, very stupid or have something to hide. I can't honestly tell which it is with Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's supposed to mean he's getting impeached, says people at start of thread.

It's well below the top tax bracket he should be paying, but of course rich people have all kinds of ways to bring their rates down.

Warren Buffett famously said he was paying less than his secretary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, people blasted Romney for only paying 14%. So in comparison, it's high. And people will argue either side of it. Some people think the uber-wealthy should be paying a higher effective tax rate. Some people would think it's just right. Some would think it's too much.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's well below the top tax bracket he should be paying, but of course rich people have all kinds of ways to bring their rates down.

Warren Buffett famously said he was paying less than his secretary.
    What percent should he be paying? I'm honestly ignorant of these things.