Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What are our 4th Relic Slots?

For each spec, what are our 4th relic slots (i.e., Life, Arcane, Fire, etc)? Would really like to have relics saved up for the next patch.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The artifact calculators don't have 4th slots yet. They either aren't decided or you'll need to hop in the PTR to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The artifact calculators don't have 4th slots yet. They either aren't decided or you'll need to hop in the PTR to check.
    Just went on PTR and I just realized I have no clue how to upgrade the artifact to get the 4th slot.

PTR Trade also decided to flame-and-troll me instead of being helpful, rip.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Trade helpful? Good luck with that... it would be nice to know what they are though

hopefully prismatic so you can pick any of the colours that you already use.

What makes you think that we're getting a 4th relic slot in 7.2?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Maybe it's what they're going to to do instead of the two traits per relic idea they've scrapped?

Otherwise he might be mixing up how the current 3 point traits are becoming 4 point traits.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Maybe it's what they're going to to do instead of the two traits per relic idea they've scrapped?

Otherwise he might be mixing up how the current 3 point traits are becoming 4 point traits.
    They've already said what the 2nd traits are being replaced with, though, and it's not a 4th slot.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

They've already said what the 2nd traits are being replaced with, though, and it's not a 4th slot.
    Traits go up to 8 and there was a blue post about 4th relics?

Idk, just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Idk, just a hunch.
    Artifacts have had 4 slots in the item data since alpha or beta, and yet we don't actually get to use 4 slots. Datamining means very little, and the bluepost was almost 2 months ago, and in that time they've made some major changes already(as well as never mentioning it again), as well as it being pretty late to add that kind of thing to the patch now that it's likely going live in the next few weeks.
    If anything they might add it after ToS or during ToS as a sort of nerf to ToS.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-03-15 at 04:22 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

4th slot is just the traits getting a 4th, not the weapons themselves to up the item level.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    4th slot is just the traits getting a 4th, not the weapons themselves to up the item level.
    "Fourth RELIC slots will be unlocked"

Relic != Trait.

Literally in the exact same post: "All existing 3-point traits will allow a fourth hard point to be invested"

So no, they explicitly said both of these things.

Relic != Trait.

Literally in the exact same post: "All existing 3-point traits will allow a fourth hard point to be invested"

That's not in the PTR right now, it's just the traits.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account

Idk, just a hunch.
    uhhh what. traits dont go up to 8
    also the 4th relic slot was a sit of his tongue, sort of, there has been no news of it, so he simply got his stuff wrong
    he most lielly was told 4 trait point, but missheard and messed up
    out of all the people to have this massive leak from, months ago, why is it a CM who doesent even work on the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

Relic != Trait.

The fourth relic slot was scrapped long before the PTR really even came up. Trust me, I live on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhhh what. traits dont go up to 8
    also the 4th relic slot was a sit of his tongue, sort of, there has been no news of it, so he simply got his stuff wrong
    All traits have internal coding to be increased up to Rank 8 (Base of 4 + 4 from relics). Prior to 7.2's PTR, it was 6 (base of 3 + 3 from relics).

This proves that there has been some discussion/internal design of 4 relics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he most lielly was told 4 trait point, but missheard and messed up
    Try reading the thing I linked (or even literally 2 posts ago) before posting something. He already said that in the same post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    The fourth relic slot was scrapped long before the PTR really even came up. Trust me, I live on the PTR.
    So why haven't traits been reduced to 7 points then? Perhaps they're adding 4th relic in later (7.2.5?) or something, otherwise there's literally no reason to keep them at 8 point maximum.

So why haven't traits been reduced to 7 points then? Perhaps they're adding 4th relic in later (7.2.5?) or something, otherwise there's literally no reason to keep them at 8 point maximum.
    There is also literally no reason to remove something they already added, even if they have no current plans to make use of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All traits have internal coding to be increased up to Rank 8 (Base of 4 + 4 from relics). Prior to 7.2's PTR, it was 6 (base of 3 + 3 from relics).

This proves that there has been some discussion/internal design of 4 relics to begin with.

Try reading the thing I linked (or even literally 2 posts ago) before posting something. He already said that in the same post.

1. yeah it had to be made atleast 7, but they most likley will later add a 5th level to the now 3 traits soon to be 4 traits
    no that does not, it is simply a number for coding to give some leeway

2. again he may have missheard at a bored meeting and gotten things messed up in his mind

3. yes lets every patch reduce the max health in the game to the final bosses health i mean WHY would you be fine with having higher caps, whats the point
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Since it's that hard to even prove the existence of 4th relic slots, I am pretty sure it's practically impossible to find the type of them. I suppose the title of the thread should have been "Are there gonna be 4th relic slots?".