Thread: I miss cata...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I miss Cataclysm for so many reasons as well. Mentioning class design back then and the old talent tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Don't understand how you can list small and extremely bugged raids (also boring) as pro. Also pet battles, which were a MoP feature not cata kek. Or how another daily quest is a pro...
    Because 2 medium raids and 1 small one is better than one raid, like EN, ever could be.
    Even Naxx with 2 one boss raids was better than just one raid (again, EN).

Bugged? Most raids were at launch. No one liked Al'akir anyway.
    Boring? Matter of opinion.

I enjoyed Blackwing and Bastion of Twiligt due both themes and difficulty. BWL was great raid and Nefarian was great character imo. So was cho'gall (wc2 represent!)
    Also getting to Sinestra, good stuff.

Also:Because Dailies were content still. Not to forget that low levels could do Fishing dailies and Cooking dailies - its nice addition to alts and new players.
    7.1.5 or 7.2. added only few WQs to the mix, which is fine since there are already loads of them in-game but "meh".

Deleted
    Cata was good and gave the wrathbabies a much needed spanking with dungeons in the beginning of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    WoD is the worst addon. I still cannot decide if Cata or Legion are following next. Well, Cata had flying from the start and professions have been more fun, so I put it on #3 on worst expansions list.
    Oh god yeah, flying in the start of the expansion must've been one of the worst decisions they ever made. So fucking stupid it's unreal.

One day we'll be rid of flying in current content, and that day is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If you did not play MoP over "lol pandas" you missed maybe the best expansion they ever released.
    I played MOP and enjoyed the first 3 raids then It just got to be too much of nothing that had to do with WOW. Who gives a shit about China Island that has not been known for 10k years. I play WOW to stick to the original Warcraft story line. There is an end to that, if we keep adding BS filler xpacs the game will never End.

Quote Originally Posted by Menz View Post
    I miss Cataclysm for so many reasons as well. Mentioning class design back then and the old talent tree.
    Cataclysm was easily when the talent tree was at its worst though. Mandatory boring talents without the customizability of the Vanilla-Wrath era talents.

Legion's talent system is Cataclysm's talent system perfected. Take that as you will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziska View Post
    Why? I'm curious
    While, personally, it had some of the best raiding content besides DS, it was also completely bonkers in the raiding scene.
    10 man heroics were a fucking standstill because either the boss was a pushover or the requirements were fucking insane, like Nefarian triple platform with 10 people and especially the last phase, there was just no middleground because the mechanics surrounding the fights were not tuned for 10 people at all.

Outside of raiding? There was nothing. Grab tabard, do dungeons, exalted, what else was there to do?

all the things you love are still in game you can start or join a level 85 guild i've done it from time to time

MoP ofcourse. What do you think?
    MoP was the second best xpac of all time so it seems like a good topic.

Deleted
    Cata was a bad expansion. The only reason why I love it, is because that's when I started playing retail WoW.

IMO, Cata was amazing for feral/guardian. I loved being able to tank anything then with a button push do incredible DPS on the most challenging spec.

There were some good things about it in other places too. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible like many other people claim.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I liked the dungeons in Cata except for the remade ZA and ZG. The pvp was a total blast and rbgs being implemented was the best thing of the xpac. I stopped raiding in a top 100 guild during that expansion and just played with my friends. I always had tons to do and I really liked the way gearing up worked. Tol Barad was a blast and we still had the Orgrimmar Arena. Flying everywhere was awesome and professions still had meaning.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Deleted
    This title should be on buzzfeed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Cata was good and gave the wrathbabies a much needed spanking with dungeons in the beginning of the expansion.
    An excellent example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Good for you, I sure as hell do not miss it.

And you can still quest through the areas of Cataclysm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh god yeah, flying in the start of the expansion must've been one of the worst decisions they ever made. So fucking stupid it's unreal.

One day we'll be rid of flying in current content, and that day is near.
    Sorry to break it to you since you seem to be putting so much thought into it, but the flying model we've seen in Legion is the path moving forward. You've had half the expansion without flying at that point, so...

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sorry to break it to you since you seem to be putting so much thought into it, but the flying model we've seen in Legion is the path moving forward. You've had half the expansion without flying at that point, so...

Get over it.
    Not sure what you think you're breaking to me. What's happening in 7.3? There'll be one patch of flying this entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopplegager View Post
    I liked the dungeons in Cata except for the remade ZA and ZG. The pvp was a total blast and rbgs being implemented was the best thing of the xpac. I stopped raiding in a top 100 guild during that expansion and just played with my friends. I always had tons to do and I really liked the way gearing up worked. Tol Barad was a blast and we still had the Orgrimmar Arena. Flying everywhere was awesome and professions still had meaning.
    I liked the Zul revamps. Zul'gurub actually took some effort initially. Hell Zul'aman did as well if you wanted to do a bear run.

Only thing I don't get is. Why did they keep the Zul'aman raid in until 4.1 but remove the Zul'gurub raid with the start of Cata? Would love if someone could answer that for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it won't help at all. And I also know that it's something i'll never get back.

I just miss cataclysm SO MUCH. I miss questing in Vashj'ir or hunting for Poseidon. I miss my tier 12 ret paladin. I miss my fire mage. I miss Firelands and the epic loot + the epic legendary mage quest. I even miss Dragon Soul a tiny bit.

I've been playing since 2006, all the way through vanilla, tbc, wotlk and cata. And cataclysm is all i'm thinking about lately.

Am I the alone one for having this feeling?

Is this normal behaviour? Should I seek out a therapist?

How do you feel about cataclysm?
    So Vashj'ir had zero staying power. It didn't have any dailies and beyond Poseidon there was no real reason to come back to the zone one you completed it.

What does that mean? It means that for its purpose (to level) it is actually 100% still relevant.

Thanks to transmog tier 12 still exists.

Fire mages still exist (and are better than ever).

You may not be able to get the full raid experience from Firelands, but even that... is still there, as is DS.

Its great to have experience nostalgia. But the game moves on. You wouldn't be happy if the only content available was still FL and DS? Its nice to share a positive memory.

Personally I think Cata was the worst xpac.

(1) I didn't experience any of the changes 1-60. By the time cata hit my hunter was already leveling through Icecrown. I didn't actually experience any of those 1-60 world/quest changes until MoP when I leveled a monk.

(2) Raiding will never be the same the abrupt change in raid design was a nail in the coffin for many guilds.

(3) Broken classes, Cata had some of the biggest flavor of the month moments I think the game has ever seen. Something would change and certain classes would be incredibly OP for months. Holy paladin, Elemental Shaman. I totally had fun with that... it wasn't good design though.

(4) I am not one, but there are many people that hate Cata for the inception of LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Cata until the final tier. Heroics at launch were challenging, and the first raid tier was fun, although BWD felt a little uninspired (Simple lay out mostly, boss design was OK). Firelands was great, and I enjoyed the style of dailies that went with it. Then Dragon Soul came, and LFR with it, and the game was forever changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for threads like "i miss wod"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s