Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not that it is very definitive but I got legendaries at 7000, 7900 and 8840 kp recently (6th, 7th & 8th). 1,5 to 2 weeks apart after doing all pve content and a lot of m+. The spacing is similiar.

Got my legendary #6.
    It was EXACTLY 1000KP apart.

#5 happened at 3950
    #6 happened at 4950

Activities were:

LFR (All of them)
    EN Normal/Heroic
    ToV Normal/Heroic
    NH Normal/Heroic and 3/10M
    Everyday Emissary quests.
    Roughly 20 mythic+.
    ~6 Mythic+0
    Peppered Daily Heroics (didnt really care much for them, did maybe 3-4 total)

18 days between legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    How many M+ do you need to do to get 750 KP?
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    How many M+ do you need to do to get 750 KP?
    ~188

M+ is one of the worst cost/benefit ways of farming for KP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    There is little alternative though if you don't want to wait as everything else is on a lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    There is little alternative though if you don't want to wait as everything else is on a lockout.
    If time is of no concern, sure.

My weekly gauntlet consists of doing all 21 bosses on LFR/Normal/Heroic, plus 3 on Mythic
    Daily Emissaries and roughly 10 M+.

That nets me just under 300KP a week, plus whatever random stuff I do like daily heroics, a mythic 0 here and there, etc.

But if you've ran out of content, then yes, you're SOL and have to bang your head against M+s

Summarizing Intel up to this point on Leg drops:
    1.) Doing M+ aside from one to get the weekly cache is a poor use of time.
    2.) Emissary caches are the best use of time and are mandatory essentially for mains and alts.
    3.) Raid bosses are then the next on the "to do" list literally as much as you can swallow for all characters. Your main would then be doing at a bare minimum LFR-Normal-Heroic and wherever you are in Mythic progression NH each week. What about EN-ToV?

Questions I still dont see answered:
    1.) Is there truly no difference between LFR-Normal-Heroic-Mythic Difficulty in terms of drop rate? It seems like there isnt.
    2.) Is there any difference between EN-ToV-NH for drop rate?
    3.) Is a weekly M+ cache merely the same odds of a leg as a standard emissary cache?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    ~188

Thanks, was asking about M+ since its the only repeatable weekly thing you can do for KPs, unlike raids.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Honestly if they just instituted Valor, and made bosses, caches, chests and such give Valor and you could turn Valor into Khadgar for a Legendary chest that gave you a random chest, this system would 'feel' a lot better. The system is frustrating because people assume it's random when it isn't.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legendary lolololol xdxdxdxd

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    The system is frustrating because people assume it's random when it isn't.
    It it wasn't random my mage wouldnt have got its 2nd legendary only 3-4 days after it's 1st (emissary every day, no raids or dungeons)

Meanwhile my pala didn't get its second legendary till around 6 weeks after its 1st (emissary every day, some lfr and a very occasional heroic dungeon).

My hunter got its 5th legendary about 5 days after its 4th but then didn't get its 6th for around another month and its 7 for around another month after that.

Imagine it it like this.... You have a bag of 100 marbles. There is 1 orange marble (representing a legendary) and 99 blue marbles. Each day when you complete an emissary cache quest you remove 1 marble from the bag. It's quite possible (although very unlikely) that you might pull the orange marble out of the bag in the 1st few days. But when you don't find that orange marble you are reducing the number of blue marbles in the bag by 1 each day which gradually increases your chance of randomly selecting the orange marble out of the marbles that remain. It's far more likely that you will randomly select that 1 orange marble when there are only 10 blue marbles remaining in the bag compared to randomly selecting it when there are 50 blue marbles remaining.

It is random but with protection so that you are guaranteed to find that orange marble sooner or later provided you keep reducing the blue marbles in the bag over time.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have some pretty active people in our guild, and from what I noticed it seems to be every 2-3 weeks. By active I mean the following.

-All 7 emissaries each week
    -World boss
    -All 10 base mythic dungeons
    -Karazhan
    -Emerald Nightmare on all difficulties
    -ToV on all difficulties except Mythic
    -NH on all difficulties except some bosses on Mythic because they haven't been killed, or they sit
    -M+ to some quantity, but all of them get their 15 done

The only variable among the people I raid with is some don't do LFR and some do more M+ than others. Sometimes people are just lucky and get one shortly after their last, but since the change a month or so ago, our more active raiders end up getting one between 2-3 weeks doing everything I listed. Personally of the 8 I've gotten, the first 4 were about a month a part, one was a single week a part, and the other 3 a variable between 2-3 weeks. Sometime in the middle I started subscribing to the idea of doing base mythic dungeons every week and doing raid lockouts that were 'below me', which at the time would have been normal/heroic EN, and normal ToV. Since then I've noticed the 2-3 week trend, and since I've been AP capped my M+ count has been a lot lower, where in the past I spammed them pretty hard, generally doing 30-50 on some weeks, and nearly 100 on weeks with less annoying affixes.

M+ from what I've witnessed doesn't award much, which is fine I suppose.

A lot of work to do all that, but it's almost to the point that legendary items won't be a problem by the time Tomb of Sargeras is out, as everybody will have every single one of them at this rate.

Deleted
    Many the players that didn't get lucky with their first legendaries are no longer playing the game. While they are fixing the legendaries as they are, the system did lasting damage to the player base of what could have been a very successful addon even in the medium term.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsu2881 View Post
    Many the players that didn't get lucky with their first legendaries are no longer playing the game. While they are fixing the legendaries as they are, the system did lasting damage to the player base of what could have been a very successful addon even in the medium term.
    Do you have a source on that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We have some pretty active people in our guild, and from what I noticed it seems to be every 2-3 weeks. By active I mean the following.

-World boss
    -Karazhan
    -NH on all difficulties except some bosses on Mythic because they haven't been killed, or they sit

The only variable among the people I raid with is some don't do LFR and some do more M+ than others. Sometimes people are just lucky and get one shortly after their last, but since the change a month or so ago, our more active raiders end up getting one between 2-3 weeks doing everything I listed. Personally of the 8 I've gotten, the first 4 were about a month a part, one was a single week a part, and the other 3 a variable between 2-3 weeks. Sometime in the middle I started subscribing to the idea of doing base mythic dungeons every week and doing raid lockouts that were 'below me', which at the time would have been normal/heroic EN, and normal ToV. Since then I've noticed the 2-3 week trend, and since I've been AP capped my M+ count has been a lot lower, where in the past I spammed them pretty hard, generally doing 30-50 on some weeks, and nearly 100 on weeks with less annoying affixes.

A lot of work to do all that, but it's almost to the point that legendary items won't be a problem by the time Tomb of Sargeras is out, as everybody will have every single one of them at this rate.
    Except that if you make an alt it will take, in the worst scenario, 5 months to be as good as the others.

I doubt that there will be another source then personal experience since Blizz no longer provides official player count statistics to prevent a negeative "vortex".
    I think too that there is a considerable amount of players who quitted because of the worst implementation of legendarys since...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you have a source on that?
    I think AP is far worse when it comes to making people stop playing but we've had at least 4-5 guildies stop playing due to the combination of the AP grind and getting crappy legendaries. I believe most of them would still be playing if they would've gotten good legendaries. Anecdotal, sure but when everyone has a similar story its pretty easy to see a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    Not that it is very definitive but I got legendaries at 7000, 7900 and 8840 kp recently (6th, 7th & 8th). 1,5 to 2 weeks apart after doing all pve content and a lot of m+. The spacing is similiar.
    Got my legendary #6.
    It was EXACTLY 1000KP apart.

#5 happened at 3950
    #6 happened at 4950

Activities were:

LFR (All of them)
    EN Normal/Heroic
    ToV Normal/Heroic
    NH Normal/Heroic and 3/10M
    Everyday Emissary quests.
    Roughly 20 mythic+.
    ~6 Mythic+0
    Peppered Daily Heroics (didnt really care much for them, did maybe 3-4 total)

18 days between legendaries.

I'm at 1000kp since my last legendary too (hasn't dropped yet); most of it came from non-M+ sources. The one before that took 800-ish.

Edit: Got it a couple boss kills later
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-03-17 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed it - So out of the (7?) million subs / accounts out there, how many accounts / players have at least 1 legendary item? (all servers / all players)
    I'm not allowed to have a signature - "Avatar/Signature Violation"

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

-World boss
    -Karazhan

That's what I do too, the weekly lockout stuff. M+ only if all that is done