Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    it seems to be fashionable to hate on bioware games these days (not entirely without reason, but the degree of hatred is confounding to me). links to that hatred would be nice, so that the rest of us could see if its legitimate criticism, not really my kind of game, but not awful criticism, or "I hate you for existing" criticism
    Yeah I know for sure some of the hatred is not for the game itself, but some people think Bioware is nothing but SJWs and hate them and their games for that alone. It's funny that I see more people complain about SJWs more than I actually see SJWs complaining, I mean it's like there's 3 times the amount of complaining about SJWs than there are actually SJWs complaining. I have to go looking for SJWs complaining, but pretty much everywhere on the internet I get smacked in the face by anti SJW rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean I get it, the ME3 ending was crap and the DA:I had some not so nice side effects because the PC version was a console port, but have they really done so much bad by the players that they deserve outright hate yet? Scepticism or strong dislike I get, but some are really going out of their way to shit on everything. I will be the first to criticize them for their shit, but I still played their last 2 RPGs for over a 100 hours each.
    You forgot about The Old Republic where they took a beloved character and canonized him in the worst possible way, and resolved KotOR 2 in the most spiteful way possible towards Obsidian. People do notice things like that.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    @CrimsonKing I guess you missed out on the start when BioWare got blasted for not being inclusive enough and got so scared to leave any imaginary label of people out that we have the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    @CrimsonKing I guess you missed out on the start when BioWare got blasted for not being inclusive enough and got so scared to leave any imaginary label of people out that we have the current situation.
    Maybe I did, but I did say I have to go looking for SJW types complaining about that kind of thing and since I don't actively look for it I admit I probably miss a lot of it. Just saying I don't have to look for anti SJW rants, they basically run up to me and punch me in the face wherever I go.

Deleted
    Yeah, because people are getting tired of bullshit. And if people dont voice complaints then the only voices left will be the insane liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Yeah I know for sure some of the hatred is not for the game itself, but some people think Bioware is nothing but SJWs and hate them and their games for that alone. It's funny that I see more people complain about SJWs more than I actually see SJWs complaining, I mean it's like there's 3 times the amount of complaining about SJWs than there are actually SJWs complaining. I have to go looking for SJWs complaining, but pretty much everywhere on the internet I get smacked in the face by anti SJW rants.
    It gets even more funny when these anti SJWs folks acts like SJWs themselves, but in the other political direction without noticing it. The lack of self awareness at play is pretty amusing.

Hey folks, let's keep the political SJW vs. anti-SJW discussion out of this thread as much as possible, and keep discussion on ME:A proper. Thanks.

I mean I get it, the ME3 ending was crap and the DA:I had some not so nice side effects because the PC version was a console port, but have they really done so much bad by the players that they deserve outright hate yet? Scepticism or strong dislike I get, but some are really going out of their way to shit on everything. I will be the first to criticize them for their shit, but I still played their last 2 RPGs for over a 100 hours each.
    It's because of the politics, I think. Whatever flaws their games have is amplified by the hatedom who hates them because they're SJW or whatever the label du jour is. So it becomes fashionable for the internets to look for every bit of the game that isn't perfect and amplify the flaw until ''this game has too many filler side-quests'' becomes ''THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVERRRR''.

Not everyone who criticizes Bioware is like that, obviously. Most of them have very valid points, their games are not perfect in the slightest. But the hyperbole, as you said, reaches truly absurd levels sometimes.

That said, looking at Youtube comments, most of them seem cautious or optimistic towards the game in most videos of it. It's not like, say, Dawn of War 3 where pretty much every single comment I saw trashed the very idea of the game. So I don't think the game has accrued a significant hatedom, beyond the usual suspects who will hate whatever Bioware does and those who are simply wary of their games after ME3/DAI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    it seems to be fashionable to hate on bioware games these days (not entirely without reason, but the degree of hatred is confounding to me). links to that hatred would be nice, so that the rest of us could see if its legitimate criticism, not really my kind of game, but not awful criticism, or "I hate you for existing" criticism
    BioWare just lost all of their Talent. The last good Game get made was ME2! People dont hate ME4 because they don't like BioWare, they hate it because it looks horrible from what we have seen so far. And people still feel "betrayed" from Inquisiton and ME3. Both were just bad Games, no question!

But there are also the blind Fanboys who try to shut down all Critizism to justify their Purchase.

I'm glad anyone can try the Game for free, so most people will not have to waste money on the Game - expecting a good Mass Effect Game.

oh agree. and as much as I'm disappointed in what they did to swtor in last 2 updates (and its not just ending of ME3 that I have issues with), the vicious hatred they get is just ... baffling. incidentally - above linked review I would say fits into a second category of criticism. its not blind hatred but it really does sound like a formula burnout. its just every time I see complaints about what essentialy comes down to bioware's attempts at inclusion, all I can see is.. I'm so very sorry that you are no longer a center of attention you poor dears (btw, Blizzard has been getting the same kind of criticisms over Overwatch and I just... roll my eyes.) to the other reply, - pretty much, I see more people getting into fits over video game companies attempting to be inclusive, all the while so called sjw types are just happily loving on the characters they see themselves in.

Yeah, because people are getting tired of bullshit. And if people dont voice complaints then the only voices left will be the insane liberals.
    Well I personally think they're overdoing it quite a bit.

another dindu lead role. Nah, I didn't buy Mafia III because of this SJW nonsense and I won't be buying this.
    This is a comment on the Mass Effect video posted by Kotaku, this person sees that Kotaku made their Ryder a black person and starts bitching about SJWs. This is the nonsense I'm talking about Gravath. People are starting to overuse the term SJW just like some on the left overuse the term racist.

Edit: Sorry Edge, didn't see your post to knock it off as I was typing this. This will be the last I talk about this.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-15 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Like how much shit they got over Tracers pose?

And anyone going to Kotaku and expecting anything resembling human decency is delusional from the getgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowa View Post
    BioWare just lost all of their Talent. The last good Game get made was ME2! People dont hate ME4 because they don't like BioWare, they hate it because it looks horrible from what we have seen so far. And people still feel "betrayed" from Inquisiton and ME3. Both were just bad Games, no question!

But there are also the blind Fanboys who try to shut down all Critizism to justify their Purchase.

I'm glad anyone can try the Game for free, so most people will not have to waste money on the Game - expecting a good Mass Effect Game.
    edited to post a quote instead "That's just like.. your opinion man" and this is the first time I'm hearing that you are not allowed to post quotes with images of the movies they came from, but ok, I'll know for future references.

I enjoyed inquisition. I have a LOT of hours in it. I also loved SWTOR up until they turned it into Valkorian family drama. you, dearest are an example of that aforementioned blind hatred. Andromeda doesn't look horrible. it looks like it has some issues though and it looks like bioware has learned NOTHING about hair or animations since the last game they did, but otherwise, it also looks like pretty typical bioware/ mass effect game.

Please don't post meme images. Infracted. -Edge

- - - Updated - - -

Like how much shit they got over Tracers pose?

And anyone going to Kotaku and expecting anything resembling human decency is delusional from the getgo.
    blizzard got a single comment about tracer's pose, stating that it didn't fit her personality and that it was a pose more suited to Widowmaker. they didn't even have an issue with a pose it self, only that it didn't fit Tracer. so Blizzard gave tracer a more fitting, even while still a pinup pose. and guess what - person that pointed out the out of characterness was happy. its the anti sjw crowd that blew it WAY out of proportion.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-15 at 05:04 PM.

Outside of a handful of topics and the Tracer butt thing (which is really just forum drama than actual rage) I haven't seen anyone really give Blizzard shit for "diversity."
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    And i'm just gonna throw this out there.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-15 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, that footage looks like the game is a technical mess on PS4. The frame stutters are fucking terrible.
    Yeah that's something that definitely needs fixed. I wonder if the other systems are like that or if it's just PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowa View Post
    And people still feel "betrayed" from Inquisiton and ME3. Both were just bad Games, no question!
    Nope.

Mass Effect 3 was a spectacular game. It had a really shitty ending, nobody can deny that, but everything else asides from the ending was just amazing.

Dragon Age Inquisition was in no way shape or form a "bad" game. It wasn't as good as DA1? sure. It wasn't as good as people hoped? Sure. But it wasn't bad. Bad is DA2, you wanna look for shitty quality? look there. Inquisition, while having its share of problems, is a pretty decent game.

Its just that these days some people like to evaluate games in polar extremes. Either a game is pure flawless perfect perfection of amazing awesomeness, or its pure rotting fucking shitty garbage that makes you wanna puke after cutting your veins. For these people there are no middle grounds, there are no average games, there are no slightly good games. There are no slightly bad games.

Either pure perfection, or pure shit.

That's not how the industry works.

Inquisition may not be a perfect game, hell, you can even argue its not even a great game, or even a good game, but BAD? nope, sorry, but no, Inquisition is not a bad game. I've played FAR FAR worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Outside of a handful of topics and the Tracer butt thing (which is really just forum drama than actual rage) I haven't seen anyone really give Blizzard shit for "diversity."
    Which is really ironic because you have characters like Zarya, a muscular woman with a manly haircut (in pink color no less) and nobody gives a shit.

Ohhh but Cora has a similar haircut? OMG SHE'S A CUCK FEMINAZI SJW DYKE!!!!!!!!!!.

Those complaints just reek of hypocrisy.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

So no classes, what's going to be the go to ass kicking build?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Too early to tell. I haven't even been able to see what are the passive for each of the profiles (only for soldier, adept and engineer), but my understanding of it is that there wont be a single "do everything" build, you're supposed to mix and match profiles and favorites on the fly to stomp the enemy down.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    No way to know just yet.

There are pretty severe balances issues in every single game Bioware has made so far, especially when not patched up yet over the following months, we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.