most likely combination of biotics and something else. I know it doesn't say much, but... biotics are just too powerful and versatile.

If Andromeda is anything like the OT, Vanguard is always a good bet as far as game-breakers go. From what I've saw, the newer game is still going to have Charge and Nova (albeit you probably can't make their cooldowns as non-existent as in ME3) and you can mix another power with it, such as Backlash or Barricade if you get caught out of cover. Profiles would add more depth to this as well; for instance, going Sentinel gives you Tech Armor when you are damaged, which would perhaps work even better with a Charge build than the Vanguard setup. Or maybe you can mix up Charge and Cloak to get in the fight, shotgun something, vanish, then pop out behind another enemy and shotgun them as well.

The new system has a lot of possibilities. I'm very eager to test them out. I don't expect it to be very balanced, but I don't find balance problems in single-player game to be a priority unless they're really blatant (IE Skyrim's absurdly broken crafting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tuned in, is it as bad as projected, or is it worse?

Too scared to open a stream and be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Just tuned in, is it as bad as projected, or is it worse?

Too scared to open a stream and be spoiled.
    I saw over 2 hours of gameplay before deciding to stop. Basically I saw the intro, the first planet, and the first 30 minutes on the Nexus and then decided to stop watching to experience the rest for myself.

After seeing 2 hours from 6 different players, who chose different approaches and different classes and builds, I must say: I am impressed. The game looks remarkably good, and I have no doubts I'll enjoy every minute I spend on it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I saw over 2 hours of gameplay before deciding to stop. Basically I saw the intro, the first planet, and the first 30 minutes on the Nexus and then decided to stop watching to experience the rest for myself.

After seeing 2 hours from 6 different players, who chose different approaches and different classes and builds, I must say: I am impressed. The game looks remarkably good, and I have no doubts I'll enjoy every minute I spend on it.
    Pretty much. Looking forward to playing some tonight when it unlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope someone comes up with way to break the timer on Origin. I don't want to play beyond where they want us to stop, but I want to take my sweet ass time with what is available.

I don't get why they even put a timer on it if there is a hard stop in the content.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I hope someone comes up with way to break the timer on Origin. I don't want to play beyond where they want us to stop, but I want to take my sweet ass time with what is available.

I don't get why they even put a timer on it if there is a hard stop in the content.
    They put the Hard Stop to prevent people from skipping every conversation and just rushing towards the ending. And they put the timer to limit how much of the campaign you could complete.

What I'm hoping (For those who will get to experience the early access, I certainly can't) is that even after the 10 hours expire, you can still play the multiplayer. They did that with the demo for Mass Effect 3. You could only play 2 missions in single-player, but multiplayer kept going all the way until the game went live.

10+ Year Old Account
    They put the Hard Stop to prevent people from skipping every conversation and just rushing towards the ending. And they put the timer to limit how much of the campaign you could complete.

What I'm hoping (For those who will get to experience the early access, I certainly can't) is that even after the 10 hours expire, you can still play the multiplayer. They did that with the demo for Mass Effect 3. You could only play 2 missions in single-player, but multiplayer kept going all the way until the game went live.
    This has been confirmed to not be the case. The 10 hours are for just having the game running, no matter the activity inside it.

10+ Year Old Account

That seems like something they would have mentioned/drawn attention to in order to sell more EA Access. So I doubt it, but one can hope.

So do you know why all the streamers are playing male characters? Currently the character creator is broken for females and her eyeballs stick out of her eyelid.

#BrokenGame

Sauce for that? It's not like media/streamers creating intentionally ugly characters in games is a new thing, so a single screenshot isn't really providing any evidence that it's broken for female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This has been confirmed to not be the case. The 10 hours are for just having the game running, no matter the activity inside it.
    Damn.

Ohh well......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce for that? It's not like media/streamers creating intentionally ugly characters in games is a new thing, so a single screenshot isn't really providing any evidence that it's broken for female characters.
    It only breaks like that when you go out of your way to break it. Like maxing the sliders to various extremes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not buying this game on release day because I still don't know what this game is going to be like

I have a feeling this will be a disappointment. And that scares me. I want to be wrong I really do, but I know near to nothing about this game, mechanics, frame rate, UI, game length, (maybe someone can fill me in) and maybe that's a good thing in some cases...

all I have heard is about some of the story and characters, which is fine I love the mass effect world but this game is giving me so many red flags, looking at the models and the graphics of the game it seem like a step or two down from Mass Effect 3.

Compared to how over initiated we was with Dragon Age: Inquisition content from Bioware like every week and month leading up to the release I have not hardly seen much or hardly anything from the new Mass Effect game except graphics and in game stuff and bugs and glitches people are already noticing.... that isn't too good.

I am going to wait and see before I buy. Figures crossed for goodness.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    This is spooky af.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any reports on performance now that people are in-game? How are the minimum requirements really performing, are people on potatoes having a playable time?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    This is spooky af.

*snip*
    At this point, I'm partially convinced that BioWare's "fix" to the robotic, creepy, awful looking animations/idle cycles was to have characters eyes shift around constantly... which only makes the issues worse, because they only heighlight the existing issues and make them worse. Like, does anyone at BioWare think that humans really act like that? Do real human beings even work at BioWare anymore? Or have then been taken over by lizard-people?

Jesus, these cutscenes are going to be a lot of nightmare fuel if things continue to go this direction.

How long untill the trial opens up?

I'm of the mindset that if you don't have throw away money then don't buy a game on day 1. If you do understand that it may not be all that you expected, your purchases are on you. I'm willing to risk $60 on this game to get it day 1. I didn't need it, I'm just bored and need something new to do and I have throw away money... which explains the kayaks.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point, I'm partially convinced that BioWare's "fix" to the robotic, creepy, awful looking animations/idle cycles was to have characters eyes shift around constantly... which only makes the issues worse, because they only heighlight the existing issues and make them worse. Like, does anyone at BioWare think that humans really act like that? Do real human beings even work at BioWare anymore? Or have then been taken over by lizard-people?

Jesus, these cutscenes are going to be a lot of nightmare fuel if things continue to go this direction.
    Yeah I was just listening to this Gamespot podcast:
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/mass-.../2300-6437694/

At around 44 minutes they start talking about Andromeda. Or I guess I should say complaining about it. They have a lot of bad things to say, the eyes among them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How long untill the trial opens up?
    Hour and a half in the US, no clue in EU.