Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They were forced out.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    From what I've gathered, the people whose trash was left behind were forced out of the area before they could properly clean it up.

Now, if I was a tinfoil kinda guy, I'd say it was done as a way to illegitimize their protests by making them out to be hypocrites. But methinks it just kinda happened this way and they're rolling with the talking points.
    Where does the protestors burning their camps fit into this theory..

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I also thought that, but barely anyone here seems to address it...
    That's because in the end Mayhem got it right, nobody is interested in finding out the facts.

I'm more or less against the protesters but I honestly can't even with the way this is framed up.

When you remove someone by force it's not really a fair characterization to say they left a mess behind that they "expect someone else to clean up."

If the cops come into your house tonight while you're making dinner and tell you that you have to leave right now, I'm not going to take anyone seriously who yells at you for leaving a bunch of food rotting on the corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-pets-n2291596

...How do you manage to leave your pets lol.
    It's not that hard when you're forced out without being allowed to take them. Regardless of whether or not they should have been there in the first place it's not like they willfully abandoned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    From what I've gathered, the people whose trash was left behind were forced out of the area before they could properly clean it up.

Now, if I was a tinfoil kinda guy, I'd say it was done as a way to illegitimize their protests by making them out to be hypocrites. But methinks it just kinda happened this way and they're rolling with the talking points.
    Only if this was the first time this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Ah yes, let's point at their hypocrisy and direct all conversation away from what their protesting, which is an incomparably larger problem. Just a new flavor of the 'but why do climate change proponents fly in planes?'
    It's simply pointing out hypocrisy, not redirecting something.

This pipeline won't have much of an affect on the environment anyways. People keep acting as though it's somehow this giant terrible thing when it's not. I wish people actually cared about the environment. You know, focusing on your personal carbon footprint, help the community in similar ways, doing projects at work that can have large reductions in your company's footprint, and sharing that information and it's benefits (generally financially or time saving gets attention).

There's ton you can personally do. Protesting this pipeline to such an extent has been dumb. It was always going to happen, it's helping provide a fuel that's just as important as electricity and will create profits and many short term jobs and quite a few long term.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Spin stories like this have destroyed America. Sheep just eat it up, idiots love hearing bad things about people they hate and will gladly leave critical thinking at the door so they can get a good seat up front. I miss the land but not the people.

If you thought forcing people out of an area so hastily wouldn't end up like this than you are a complete imbecile.

[QUOTE=Alfador;45008432]I'm more or less against the protesters but I honestly can't even with the way this is framed up.

When you remove someone by force it's not really a fair characterization to say they left a mess behind that they "expect someone else to clean up."

If the cops come into your house tonight while you're making dinner and tell you that you have to leave right now, I'm not going to take anyone seriously who yells at you for leaving a bunch of food rotting on the corner.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

You kind of can. They were illegally. They brought all that crap there when it never should have been in the first place. Of course they were removed with force, that what happens and they should know that. So yes, they directly caused the mess that had to be cleaned up.

Can you imagine the police politely asking them to clean up everything because they can't kick them off the land until then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Spin stories like this have destroyed America. Sheep just eat it up, idiots love hearing bad things about people they hate and will gladly leave critical thinking at the door so they can get a good seat up front. I miss the land but not the people.

If you thought forcing people out of an area so hastily wouldn't end up like this than you are a complete imbecile.
    So you just politely ask them to clean up so you can kick them off the land? They were there illegally not wanting to go anywhere, they'd never clean up if it meant they could stay longer and make a bigger scene.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Where does the protestors burning their camps fit into this theory..
    Someone was making dinner when they were forced out and when the ones doing the forcing trampled down the tents one caucht fire?
    There are many possibilities.

When you have at least 1000 people protesting for months and months and months nonstop. Then add probably thousands more that have come and gone you can't expect everything to be tidy. The protest is over. They tried but the pipeline is going to be completed in the next week or so. Then the oil starts flowing. All these cities and groups divesting now from the project is pointless. You should've did that a long time ago and not that it would've really stopped the project anyway. Let's just hope someone or some group doesn't decide to sabotage the project and creates a nasty spill out of spite.

They were there illegally not wanting to go anywhere
    America would not exist if not for people doing illegal things to stand against tyranny. These people consider shitting on their land and drinking water with a dangerous and unnecessary pipeline tyranny. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, that's all a matter of perspective. Certainly I can't imagine the British had high opinions of all the illegal activities perpetrated by the founding fathers. As for asking them to clean up before you kick them out I guess we won't know because that didn't happen. But if it did at least this story would have more substance than spin.

Pretty sure we already laughed this out of the room once today.