Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Next Expansion: Naga-sprinkled Void or Void-sprinkled Naga?

Well, since its pretty much obvious at this point that we are running out of enemies to kill, unless Blizz pulls another MOP or WOD out of their ass, the next expansion will have to be either about the Void or the Naga, since they are the 2 main antagonists still alive. However, Naga dont go without Azshara and Azshara doesnt go without N'zoth. Similarly, the Void doesnt go without the Old Gods, which dont go without N'zoth, who doesnt go without Azshara... you get the point.

So which do you think is more likely: a water/Naga-based expansion, potentially full of unexplored and lore-hinted islands, actually functional underwater zones, pirate booty, and an AC Black Flag-like ship to replace the garrison/order hall, with a little bit of N'zoth added here and there and potentially as the last boss, OR, a Void-based expansion which, one might assume, could take us into the Void itself or another broken world (maybe the one seen in the Star Augur fight in Nighthold?) with an emphasis on Ethereal lore, and a sprinkling of Azshara in the beginning to ease us into it? Which one would you prefer?

The first one seems more likely to me for 2 reasons: first (and kind of minor) they've surreptitiously added 4 underwater mounts in Legion which currently serve virtually no purpose, suggesting perhaps that we'll need them in the next installment, and second (this one is the primary reason) if they did the void-themed one, the expansion after that couldnt really be Naga cos itd feel kinda meh - we just killed/banished the greatest evil that made even Sargeras shit his pants, lets go after a few sea snakes now. If, however, they did Naga next, with N'zoth at the end, it would not only very easily lead into a full Void expansion afterwards, it would also follow the trend of the final raid setting the tone for the next expansion (SoO -> WOD, HFC -> Legion, though Legion will likely break this trend since I doubt we will face either Naga or the Void on Argus).

7+ Year Old Account
    why not both?

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't know why but "void-sprinkled naga" sounds horribly racist.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting with the second one, ending with the first one.

Naga with tentacles etc, hopefully nyalotha

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I don't know why but "void-sprinkled naga" sounds horribly racist.
    If you think that sounds racist you've got some serious issues.

Nope.

Void, naga and troll sprinkled sea/pirate expansion. Also a ridiculous amount of Goblins + Kezan.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for: naga + old god expansion with more info on Void Lords, so we can have Void Lord expansion later
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    They wrapped up a lot of stuff they could have saved for expansions.

Helheim/the plain of death could have been an entire expansion, could have filled it with heart-wrenching cameos from departed NPCs we've loved and lost, featuring the rest of Yogg-Saron (the god of death makes sense to be somewhere in there), the intertwined souls of AU Ner'zhul and OG Ner'zhul fused as one and evil as ever, and of course Helya, but it would be cooler to get rid of her early on and make room for something much more sinister in the realm of death, probably Yoggy. Preferably a really awful cameo by Kael'thas doing a speech about setbacks just as his soul gets eaten by something.

Emerald Nightmare didn't need to be wrapped up so quickly, could have done Azeroth around the area of where the Well of Eternity used to be, mostly corrupted, the rest all fucked from the various Old Gods each etching out their own portion (as it was revealed in the chronicles all of them have reached into it to some extent, Yogg opening the original door). Didn't need to be huge sprawling forests and nothing but, and the red-black thorny aesthetic they showed us in Legion was pretty fantastic.

Argus could have EASILY made an interesting expansion. I'm not sure people aren't burned out on Draenei after WoD, but it would have been cool to have perhaps a chain of Legion worlds with Argus at the core for us to explore, all differing in theme and appearance. Instead of having "the army of light" which is already formed of many other worldly races and ready to go, have us as players rally it together, collecting stalwart survivors from the corners of Legion-owned territory. The priest order hall is already knee deep in the Nether and full of heroes, there may be other areas evading the demons as well. Also, Lothraxion's people..?

I feel like I'm missing a couple. Goria in Draenor is one I'd like to see, but I feel I am alone in wanting to return to Draenor because of the foul odor lingering from WoD (If you want to see Goria in game, hit M and look at the map of Draenor, it's the continent in the lower left).

To answer the original question though, yeah I'd be surprised if it wasn't Naga or void related. Who knows.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2017-03-15 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what happens on Argus.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    If you think that sounds racist you've got some serious issues.
    Naga, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I agree with you about the Emerald Nightmare, I think the Dream could have sustained an entire expansion, though without a major antagonistic force like the Nightmare I'm not sure that's the case any longer. Could be cool if the Nightmare survives and remains an element of the Dream that must always be guarded against. And perhaps Yogg-Saron, though dead, could still infect the Dream due to him being the creator of the original Nightmare, like how Y'Shaarj's darkness infected Pandaria. I think that's a stretch though - I wish Blizzard had held a more creative attitude towards the Dream.

Helheim is, as far as I'm aware, just one part of the realm of the dead, the Shadowlands. So while Helheim may be tapped out, the rest of the Shadowlands still has plenty of potential. I could see Bolvar and other would-be death powers vying for a piece of it. With places like the Halls of Valor, technically an afterlife but not gloomy and miserable, the varying landscapes that could exist there are also vast. Would be kinda cool to stumble across the wreck of the Naglfar somewhere in the Shadowlands, as kind've a follow-up to the dungeon.

Argus is actually one place I have trouble imagining as an expansion setting... everything is probably covered in demon shit and lava. I just imagine it as Marduum, which is a cool environment, I just can't imagine that forests have survived on a burnt out demon world the whole time. This one makes sense to me as a more limited, smaller scale environment. World hoping to multiple demon worlds sounds like it would be awesome though - trying to depict a vibrant, lush jungle filled with demonic plants could be tough, but interesting. Who knows, even if Argus is wrapped up in Legion, a future expansion could bring us back there as a main base for further world travel.

As far as non-Legion related stuff, yeah, Goria for sure. Either in Draenor or as a surviving fragment of Outland. Zandalar Isle, before it sinks. Elemental planes, just invent some new regions besides the ones we saw in Cata (an entire zone set up like Skywall could be amazing). Some landscape in the Void or the Twisting Nether. Spider Kingdom. Or something entirely unexpected like Pandaria or the Broken Isles.

I think dealing with N'Zoth, Azshara, and the Void are likely candidates, but it could be anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Helheim/the plain of death could have been an entire expansion, could have filled it with heart-wrenching cameos from departed NPCs we've loved and lost, featuring the rest of Yogg-Saron (the god of death makes sense to be somewhere in there), the intertwined souls of AU Ner'zhul and OG Ner'zhul fused as one and evil as ever, and of course Helya, but it would be cooler to get rid of her early on and make room for something much more sinister in the realm of death, probably Yoggy. Preferably a really awful cameo by Kael'thas doing a speech about setbacks just as his soul gets eaten by something.

Emerald Nightmare didn't need to be wrapped up so quickly, could have done Azeroth around the area of where the Well of Eternity used to be, mostly corrupted, the rest all fucked from the various Old Gods each etching out their own portion (as it was revealed in the chronicles all of them have reached into it to some extent, Yogg opening the original door). Didn't need to be huge sprawling forests and nothing but, and the red-black thorny aesthetic they showed us in Legion was pretty fantastic.

Argus could have EASILY made an interesting expansion. I'm not sure people aren't burned out on Draenei after WoD, but it would have been cool to have perhaps a chain of Legion worlds with Argus at the core for us to explore, all differing in theme and appearance. Instead of having "the army of light" which is already formed of many other worldly races and ready to go, have us as players rally it together, collecting stalwart survivors from the corners of Legion-owned territory. The priest order hall is already knee deep in the Nether and full of heroes, there may be other areas evading the demons as well. Also, Lothraxion's people..?

I feel like I'm missing a couple. Goria in Draenor is one I'd like to see, but I feel I am alone in wanting to return to Draenor because of the foul odor lingering from WoD (If you want to see Goria in game, hit M and look at the map of Draenor, it's the continent in the lower left).

To answer the original question though, yeah I'd be surprised if it wasn't Naga or void related. Who knows.
    I do agree with you for most things, here. However, there are plenty of other worlds, islands, and planes of existence for us to go in the future with the lore we have right now. As for Goria, look into Chronicle Volume 2 for that. The continent to the southwest is not Goria, I can tell you that much. In fact, that continent isn't mentioned at all. However, there probably could be more to explore on Draenor if they so chose.

OT: I've been predicting that Azshara/South Seas was going to be an expansion since Cataclysm, and I've been wrong every time. However, if I were to predict anything for the future, we'd probably face off against the Naga and some islands in the South Seas (Zul and the remains of Zandalar, perhaps) and have N'Zoth with other Void-related things in another expansion. They can pull whatever they want out of their asses, as they have before. N'Zoth probably won't go down so easily with the rest of Azeroth's major baddies in one fell swoop.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I think we could have an expansion focused on Azshara with N'zoth as a side villain.

Yogg-Saron was more powerful than Arthas, but we didn't go to ICC mid-expansion because of that, did we? A known villain is a better end-boss than an unknown one.

I'm not sure the Void is a place we can fight in, and we don't know enough about the Void Lords for them to be interesting enemies.

So Void-sprinkled-Naga, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I'll take the Void, hold the Naga - and a small fries with a Coke."

If we get a "South Seas" styled expansion I think it'll start with a breezier intro - perhaps the rediscovery of Kul Tiras and Undermine, and whatever intrigues are involved there. As it moves deeper into Naga territory and eventually to Nazjatar and Azshara I think a definite Old God/Void presence will start to creep in. The final content patch would probably see us find our way to N'Zoth and Ny'alotha proper with the presence of the Void Lords casting a definite shadow as we move to stop whatever it is the final Azerothian Old God has planned.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga and underwater stuff first. It'd feel weird to go to another planet again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Naga and underwater stuff first. It'd feel weird to go to another planet again.
    pff would be fairly boring
    but they could easely make us explore the other side of the planet and finnd some unknown continents (main continent was kalimdor but they never sayd that there was only 1 in general pre sundering)

10+ Year Old Account
    Definetly naga expansion is possible, because after the legion the only threat remain to deal with is N'Zoth, Azshara and Void Lords. Unless we will have unexpected zerg invasion but not gonna happend. xD But seriously now...

I feel that N'Zoth expansion will be focused on South Seas as well, we still have no bloody idea where is Jaina, what's going on with Kul Tiras or even if Gallywix want get back his fat frog ass to Kezan?

Void sprinkled Void. Naga please, don't be needing no serpentine people, we got bigger fish to fry.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I do agree with you for most things, here. However, there are plenty of other worlds, islands, and planes of existence for us to go in the future with the lore we have right now. As for Goria, look into Chronicle Volume 2 for that. The continent to the southwest is not Goria, I can tell you that much. In fact, that continent isn't mentioned at all. However, there probably could be more to explore on Draenor if they so chose.

OT: I've been predicting that Azshara/South Seas was going to be an expansion since Cataclysm, and I've been wrong every time. However, if I were to predict anything for the future, we'd probably face off against the Naga and some islands in the South Seas (Zul and the remains of Zandalar, perhaps) and have N'Zoth with other Void-related things in another expansion. They can pull whatever they want out of their asses, as they have before. N'Zoth probably won't go down so easily with the rest of Azeroth's major baddies in one fell swoop.
    it isn't Goria? Now I'm even more interested. I like mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Naga, please.

I agree with you about the Emerald Nightmare, I think the Dream could have sustained an entire expansion, though without a major antagonistic force like the Nightmare I'm not sure that's the case any longer. Could be cool if the Nightmare survives and remains an element of the Dream that must always be guarded against. And perhaps Yogg-Saron, though dead, could still infect the Dream due to him being the creator of the original Nightmare, like how Y'Shaarj's darkness infected Pandaria. I think that's a stretch though - I wish Blizzard had held a more creative attitude towards the Dream.

Helheim is, as far as I'm aware, just one part of the realm of the dead, the Shadowlands. So while Helheim may be tapped out, the rest of the Shadowlands still has plenty of potential. I could see Bolvar and other would-be death powers vying for a piece of it. With places like the Halls of Valor, technically an afterlife but not gloomy and miserable, the varying landscapes that could exist there are also vast. Would be kinda cool to stumble across the wreck of the Naglfar somewhere in the Shadowlands, as kind've a follow-up to the dungeon.

Argus is actually one place I have trouble imagining as an expansion setting... everything is probably covered in demon shit and lava. I just imagine it as Marduum, which is a cool environment, I just can't imagine that forests have survived on a burnt out demon world the whole time. This one makes sense to me as a more limited, smaller scale environment. World hoping to multiple demon worlds sounds like it would be awesome though - trying to depict a vibrant, lush jungle filled with demonic plants could be tough, but interesting. Who knows, even if Argus is wrapped up in Legion, a future expansion could bring us back there as a main base for further world travel.

As far as non-Legion related stuff, yeah, Goria for sure. Either in Draenor or as a surviving fragment of Outland. Zandalar Isle, before it sinks. Elemental planes, just invent some new regions besides the ones we saw in Cata (an entire zone set up like Skywall could be amazing). Some landscape in the Void or the Twisting Nether. Spider Kingdom. Or something entirely unexpected like Pandaria or the Broken Isles.

I think dealing with N'Zoth, Azshara, and the Void are likely candidates, but it could be anything really.
    Hehe, yes, I've read all your expac ideas. (;

I think Azjol'Nerub is my favourite one. I like the idea of perhaps more vertical zones, where they aren't very large width wise, but via flying mounts or perhaps grappling guns the zone is huge upwards and down with many different cave nooks and floor levels.

As for Argus, yeah that's what I was thinking, demonically-assimilated ecosystems. Vast burnt-out forests which are now deserts with skeletal husks of trees dotting the landscapes. The Legion is the progenitor for things like the plague of undeath, there may be worlds scourged over or otherwise that the Legion checked off their lists as sufficiently destroyed, but ended up having to use minimal amounts of fel. I'd also like to visit the ruins of Nathreza.

Deleted
    We will start with Naga and Azshara and finish with the the come back of the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    what's going on with Kul Tiras
    For having sat out the war against the Lich King, the Cataclysm, and now the Legion invasion, Kul Tiras' got some e'splainin' to do.