Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I don't really thing the foreign press actually cares about the dutch tbh They care about the very popular story of the rise of the far right in Europe. It gets them views.
    Sad but true. Somewhat comically the american press covered Trump nearly nonstop but then got pissed when he won. They never heard the phrase "no such thing as bad publicity" apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The same argument could be said of Zimbabwe and South Africa.
    OK?

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I know people expected that slide but will the party survive it?
    Well they will, its labour party, but Asscher is probably done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    To be fair I don't really think you can blame Asscher, he inherited Samsom's issues. But yeah, PvdA won't be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    To be fair I don't really think you can blame Asscher, he inherited Samsom's issues. But yeah, PvdA won't be destroyed.
    Aye, it was kind of a lost cause for Asscher from the get go.

What a sad day to see the VVD being the biggest by far, but atleast the PvdA is nearly extinct which is a good thing. Atleast the VVD is not the worst party, but they are known for being corrupt and their broken promises to mislead voters (like giving 1000 euro to every working person and giving no more money to Greece). Not looking forward to see a coalition that consists of 4 parties. I voted CDA myself btw while being a former VVD'er, but I almost considered not voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this may be off topic but since you've said you did research on this, isn't most radicalization happening in the mosque? I always thought the most effective thing we could do in Europe is find a way to push for moderate imams (and do our best to avoid the habit of islamic nations exporting clergy)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, thought it was 70. so yeah, they will need everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't really thing the foreign press actually cares about the dutch tbh They care about the very popular story of the rise of the far right in Europe. It gets them views.
    Most of the radicalization is happening in illegal prayer houses, Islam officials are being pressured rather hard especially today by both politicians and families to become more sensible in what influences they show, but they aren't malignant in their intend a lot of them are just clueless into not believing real muslims from their group can radicalize.

I can't speak in great detail about the netherlands i can do so about belgium, we have been banning access to foreign imam's travelling here and trying to work here.(and the courts today say we are in the right to do so) We are setting up official groups, so that Islam much like Christianity gets leadership and so there's control on what message is said. Since the terror attacks there's also more people setting up things to counter fundamentalist believes, often by demand of parents and they are still a group that demands more. I'm also in favor of Islam being taught in schools as alternative to christianity for those who have that as their main religion since controlling the message there and getting a moderate form of Islam at school at younger age means their chances to radicalize is drastically less, i believe malesia or Indonesia do this and with great success.

These things are also not partisan here left and right has more a less a consensus on the matter and yes i do believe they way forward is to pinpoint the issues within Islam in the west and help them advance, the idea that we can combat Islam as a whole is a fairy tale we can't get rid of it anymore and for a large part we let it go on uncontrolled for a long time which is why it's now a festering wound that even healed will leave a scar. And the far right movement makes it shitty for us to do so since unless you shout "i hate muslims" every day you're supposedly not doing it right.

But i really want to know where people get their news from when they say Europe is easy on immigrants or we shy away from the debate surrounding islam, we are not and most of the EU is ruled by right to centrum right. With France being the exception in centrum Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What a sad day to see the VVD being the biggest by far, but atleast the PvdA is nearly extinct which is a good thing. Atleast the VVD is not the worst party, but they are known for being corrupt and their broken promises to mislead voters (like giving 1000 euro to every working person and giving no more money to Greece). Not looking forward to see a coalition that consists of 4 parties. I voted CDA myself btw while being a former VVD'er, but I almost considered not voting.
    Supporting Greece financially was not a matter of pride or kindness but was a matter of protection of the euro and eu trade zone. If Greece fell at that time, the price tag would have been far greater than a 1000 euro per person, something i question if it was that much. Not to mention that a land important for us for geographical reasons even more so now due to the immigration stream that took place, that place in chaos would have been very bad for all of us involved.

Since then things were set in motion that a repeat and an eventual grexit would have be far less hurting to the EU zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Maybe its time for Aboutaleb, he is already popular as the mayor of Rotterdam,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'd vote for that guy. He is a remarkable person.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Aboutaleb is an amazing guy, I live in Rotterdam and I love my mayor. You can write a letter to him with issues in your area and he will respond pretty quickly and will try and solve all the issues.

However, I remember him saying he doesn't want to go into the other politics since he couldn't do his job. The political environment is to toxic and parties are "sabotaging" eachother to much. Aboutaleb wouldn't be able to make his visions and solutions come true with all the other parties. So he much rather would stay the mayor.

Its something I remember him saying a couple of years ago, maybe he has a change of heart but I doubt it. And I do want him to keep being my mayor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly Denk and Forum voor Democratie get some seats as well. Isn't FvD a party in a similar vein to PVV, in other words they might have taken some votes from the PVV?

the early information looks like a sound rejection on the right wing fascism and thats very very good to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the early information looks like a sound rejection on the right wing fascism and thats very very good to see.
    totally agree. The whole hype of those right-wing parties is without any foundation. Next elections in France and Germany will show the same picture. Sadly though that doesn't mean we will see more than moderate right / conservative parties driving the wagon deeper into the soil since they have become once again strongest parties....

Europe needs a change and that will never happen with all those right-wing parties going backwards instead of forward.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-03-15 at 09:18 PM.

Much better than the worst option, Wilders. I'd have preferred D66 to win it, but realistically after the past week that was not going to happen.
    Same. Glad to see that D66 is scoring some points.

We've been getting a lot of support from our german friends these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Interestingly Denk and Forum voor Democratie get some seats as well. Isn't FvD a party in a similar vein to PVV, in other words they might have taken some votes from the PVV?
    Yup.

And DENk are Turkish nationalists for the most part.

Seen a lot of people on sites like dumpert and geenstijl saying they would drop their vote on PVV in favor of the FvD. Mostly because they realised the Wilders is a bit of a goof with his speeches and doesn't have a direct plan. While FvD is a bit more straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    There is no european victory for the right wing fascism it doesent exist. Its mostly just american not understanding the fact their country has no Left. Brexit has nothing to do with far right, hell the current administration that will make the brexit happen was against brexit. Far right got smoked in Austria, will get smoked in France.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    We've been getting a lot of support from our german friends these days.
    Merkel's party is euphoric. This voting result is a clear win for the EU really.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Seen a lot of people on sites like dumpert and geenstijl saying they would drop their vote on PVV in favor of the FvD. Mostly because they realised the Wilders is a bit of a goof with his speeches and doesn't have a direct plan. While FvD is a bit more straight forward.
    VNL used to have 2 seats but now they lost them both, so they probably went to FvD. I guess it was VNL who first took some seats from the PVV.