10+ Year Old Account
    hm looks like regional servers are coming into star citizen
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    No, they can't. That's why with all hands on deck they were unable to produce the SQ42 demo in time. It's much more complicated than you think and not all of those 370 are even skilled in the most difficult aspects of SC; the technical department.

CIG can make commercials, art and other digital media but can't get the tech together. Look at Tony Z's last 45mins of full theorycrafting. You can forget all about 4.0 this year, It's just more talk from Chris Roberts.

Btw, Star Citizen is sinking straight into the Hole that Freelancer was in. Last time they had to kick Chris Roberts off. What will it take this time? Who knows.
    so basically you literally have NOTHING but conjecture and misrepresentation of the facts to add to the conversation. /sigh. so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynkeus View Post
    I deny paying money to something that is not completed, hell maybe even not going to be completed at all. Well, I still have hope. If I'd be nice kid, one day I can see it released!!
    if you are not interested in backing the game (paying money upfront in the "hopes" that they finish making the game and that it is a game you will enjoy), or in helping test the game and give constructive feedback, then waiting for full release is a very good idea. just keep checking back here when we update for things that may catch your eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    When is this game coming out? I remember people buying new gtx 970's in anticipation of this game. Also is this game worth buying as someone who did not buy into it during the crowd funding portion? It seems like I would get substantially less out of the game than them.
    at this point you are not "buying" the game as much funding the game as it is still in active development. the benefit to getting in now is basically to support the game being made and you will still get the benefit of getting either title; Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Pt. 1 of the single player campaign) for $45 each or together at an even greater discount of $60 for both, as well as some other backer perks. do not treat this as a pre-order as you will literally be providing money that would go to the actual development of the game, but there is the risk that the game may never be released, so bare that i mind.
    Nobody knows. They've split the game into two components, Squadron 42 which is single player. They used to advertise "Answer the call - 2016" but now no one knows when it will be released. As for the MMO portion(which I backed for), that's not even on the map to be released yet. As someone else posted, check back 2018-2020.
    it always surprises me that people will complain that too many games are released too early and lead to very bad gaming experiences, so CIG are like let's crowd-fund Star Citizen's development so that we can take our time to make the BEST game that we can make, but people then bitch that they are taking too long. tbh, the fault here lies squarely with the backer as if they were not patient, did not understand that delays are frequent and expected in development, and do not understand that some tech is literally being invented and/or refined in order to bring about this game, should have just not backed in the first place.
    Don't buy into it now. Wait until (if) it gets released. I spent $600 total over the years, now I won't spend a dime more until they prove they can deliver the game they've promised. It's mostly still just talk, which should worry people. But yeah, hold off until release.
    see this is just utterly disingenuous and leads to a degradation in discourse as people feel they can just say anything because that's just "how they feel" even though they have no evidence to back up their claims. the PU exists as do other modules available for any backer to play right now, smh. we cannot have meaningful dialogue if people persist on conjecture as the basis for their argument.

back to the game itself.

New AtV

fan-made Director's Mode clip

- - - Updated - - -

damn, this looks very good;

UEE Marine CDS Heavy Armor
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    the PU exists as do other modules available for any backer to play right now, smh.
    The problem with the entire project is not getting the individual modules working on a small scale independently of eachother. That would basically be creating a techdemo for several independent gaming, and that's the current state of the game (a bit further, as some parts are integrated into one game already). The problem will be scaling the entire thing to universe scale (the current "PU" is merely a fraction of a solar system) without breaking the game both technically and gameplay wise (e.g. player distribution across the systems heavily influences user expirience).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    The problem with the entire project is not getting the individual modules working on a small scale independently of eachother. That would basically be creating a techdemo for several independent gaming, and that's the current state of the game (a bit further, as some parts are integrated into one game already). The problem will be scaling the entire thing to universe scale (the current "PU" is merely a fraction of a solar system) without breaking the game both technically and gameplay wise (e.g. player distribution across the systems heavily influences user expirience).
    aren't you just stating the obvious? that is not news to anyone that follows the game? the devs have LITERALLY said similar things, so...yeah. you just basically said the game is still in development, as they are actively working on the very things you think are a problem. /shrug

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

10+ Year Old Account
    really great ATV yesterday i highly recommend people watch it if they are interested in the game.

Is there any place where this game and its development is being actively discussed without being heavily censored and moderated? For example you can't post anything negative on this games reddit or forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killcani View Post
    Is there any place where this game and its development is being actively discussed without being heavily censored and moderated? For example you can't post anything negative on this games reddit or forum.
    The reddit does allow for constructive criticism, but they tend to piss all over it if it's just whining (like quite a number of posts in here). But yeah, the reddit is pretty censored. Topics pertaining to SC are just so heavily trolled (or full of people making misinformed claims) it really is difficult to find a truly unbiased place.

Any reason you can't have discussions here on MMO-C? Posts here aren't being "heavily censored and moderated" are they?

And just what is a "truly unbiased place"? Somewhere where only people that agree with you are allowed to post? Or somewhere where anyone is free to do so, praise and criticsm alike?

The place with the least contesting seems to be on Elite Dangerous forums. There is a load of smack talk, ribbing and sure enough a lot of it is very cynical but at least it doesn't appear to get brigaded by the defense force every time someone says something they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The reddit does allow for constructive criticism, but they tend to piss all over it if it's just whining (like quite a number of posts in here). But yeah, the reddit is pretty censored. Topics pertaining to SC are just so heavily trolled (or full of people making misinformed claims) it really is difficult to find a truly unbiased place.
    From my experience unless the herd is treating a topic as en vogue reddit will piss over virtually all criticism, normally with the educated rejoinders of "You just don't understand game development", "making games is hard" "be patient" and "I trust Chris Roberts"...
    Last edited by 1001; 2017-03-11 at 07:10 AM.

I can't comment on the subreddit, as I don't go there much. It's not that you can't post anything negative here, it's that we've had a series of borderline trolls dogging the thread for well over a year now. On top of that, 95% of the "negative" comments I've seen crop up in the thread tend to be from woefully un or misinformed people.

IE: Baseless statements about it being a scam, vaporware, constantly promising more features when the stretch goals ended years ago, etc. Certain talking points literally come up over and over and over again and its frankly exasperating repeating ourselves because they can't even search the thread for the other 30 times it was already discussed.

You'll go a lot further if you offer constructive criticisms and/or mention things you like while also things you dislike.

IE: I find it frustrating they've had so many delays with the FPS module and think its something they've definitely dropped the ball on. Its also yet to be seen if the sum of all the parts will actually be "fun" to play. They've also had a ton of organizational issues over the several years of development. But based on that large interview last fall, I think the worst is behind them and they're smoothly chugging along now. I'm optimistic the game will come together for a true PTU test within a year, but your guess is as good as mine if they'll hit upon the right formula of fun vs simulation.

Deleted
    another year passes, nothing of notice happening. except the fps fights with 500ms native latency and the constant money grab via jpeg sells.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    another year passes, nothing of notice happening. except the fps fights with 500ms native latency and the constant money grab via jpeg sells.
    A game being developed and trolls keep posting. Yeap same old, same old.

So, if I would buy the game now, what would I be able to do? Is there any actual content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Source:

Currently Available Modules:

Arena Commander: An arcade-style dogfighting and racing mode that allows us to test our ships and physics-based flight model as players battle alongside and against their friends in multiple arenas and game.

Star Marine: A fast-paced battleground where players put our unique FPS gameplay through its paces, testing the seamless third and first person unified animations, zero-G combat, and a variety of high-tech weapons.

Area18: Originally designed as a test for planetside interactions, Area18 is an ultra-detailed cityscape for you and your friends to explore, go shopping, or just see the sights.

Hangar: Your own personal space to look at your ships up close, edit your loadouts, and see your special reward flair and decorations.

Persistent Universe: Commonly known as the PU, this mode combines all the other modes and allows players to explore a small section of one of our solar systems. Here you and your friends can do missions, engage in ship or FPS combat, or explore asteroid fields for long forgotten wrecks. This has all been built on our 64-bit game engine that provides seamless travel from inside a space station, to a spaceship so large that you and your friends can walk around inside while flying thousands of kilometers through space. All in real time. All without load screens. It’s here in the PU that you begin to see the real promise of Star Citizen.

As it was mentioned you can do a variety of things, but i'd suggest waiting for the next big patch (3.0) thats when a whole lot if new things and tech will be implemented.
    For example: more landing zones, planetary landings with a few planets and moons, professions (mining, trading, boubty hunting), new betcode implementation, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Any reason you can't have discussions here on MMO-C? Posts here aren't being "heavily censored and moderated" are they?
    Nope! We infract people who break rules (troll or derail intentionally) but even when we do so we leave the original post intact.

Oops sorry. I meant to say we are all biased evil moderators who delete posts and ban people on a whim. I always get that confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I find it frustrating they've had so many delays with the FPS module and think its something they've definitely dropped the ball on.
    The FPS module is what I'm waiting for before diving in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The FPS module is what I'm waiting for before diving in.
    Hasn't Star Marine been out for a few months now? When 2.6 hit, specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Hasn't Star Marine been out for a few months now? When 2.6 hit, specifically.
    Is it? I've been keeping an eye on the project status page periodically so I must have missed that it's in alpha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it? I've been keeping an eye on the project status page periodically so I must have missed that it's in alpha.
    I saw a video in youtube of someone playing it quite some time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not sure why they don't say it on that link. Same for the PU.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/getting-started
    Currently Available Modules:

Arena Commander: An arcade-style dogfighting and racing mode that allows us to test our ships and physics-based flight model as players battle alongside and against their friends in multiple arenas and game.

Star Marine: A fast-paced battleground where players put our unique FPS gameplay through its paces, testing the seamless third and first person unified animations, zero-G combat, and a variety of high-tech weapons.

Area18: Originally designed as a test for planetside interactions, Area18 is an ultra-detailed cityscape for you and your friends to explore, go shopping, or just see the sights.

Hangar: Your own personal space to look at your ships up close, edit your loadouts, and see your special reward flair and decorations.

Persistent Universe: Commonly known as the PU, this mode combines all the other modes and allows players to explore a small section of one of our solar systems. Here you and your friends can do missions, engage in ship or FPS combat, or explore asteroid fields for long forgotten wrecks. This has all been built on our 64-bit game engine that provides seamless travel from inside a space station, to a spaceship so large that you and your friends can walk around inside while flying thousands of kilometers through space. All in real time. All without load screens. It’s here in the PU that you begin to see the real promise of Star Citizen.