Thread: I miss cata...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The things I liked about Cata had nothing to do with Cata. Through Firelands and DS, due to lack of other meaningful content I raided. A lot. I mean like... A LOT. By the end of DS I was running 6 to 8 characters through heroic 10m at least part of the way. Every afternoon was a different toon and it was almost always a guild run so we had a blast joking around in Vent. DS wasn't even a good raid, but we had a good time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    EN is just 1 of 2 raids in 7.0 though...

Also, NO, not all raids were as bugged and as boring as the cata ones. Blackwing descent (it's not BWL...) was actually the most bugged mess they've ever released.

Fishing and cooking dailies. WOW. These were what? 2 dailies per day, these aren't even worth mentioning as these didn't have any influence about cata's popularity. New players and alts didn't care about these anyways...

Also 7.2 isn't even out and it's a lot more than "meh" WQ's (interesting how you find WQ's to be meh, but dailies are for some reason a "nice" addition).

Either way, cata's only endgame content besides dungeons and raids was the Tol Barad daily hub(and in 4.2 the firelands questhub which offered almost nothing and was done in 10min) and 1 daily per new zone. There's a reason(actually a couple) why people simply didn't like this xpac...

The theme, gameplay changes, new races and world changes seemed very exciting at first. I was actually hyped af about cata, but it simply was a half-assed xpac overall. Some revamped zones were great, but most of them were overall shit and seemed rushed, especially the Kalimdor zones. I remember doing Stonetalon Mountains as horde. It started off really great and then suddenly you haven't even explored half of the zone, but you just 5 need quests for the zone-achivement. It just ended abruptly. There were hubs which were completely useless.
    Sorry. I meant 7.1.5 didnt add much of WQ-wise. 7.2. obviously adds a lot.

Also what other raid was there in 7.0 besides EN? Dont say ToV because that shit didnt come on release and its recycled carbage 3 boss raid.

I dont think you got what I mean. I liked BWL therefore Blackwing Descent is nice continuation on "BWL story" - as I said for me Nefarian was way way more intresting than Deathwing ever was in cata.
    And Twilights hammer with old god things.

I meant that those 2 dailies were nice addition. And they really had proper investment on lowbies as well in cata since whole..well, revamp? Not just focus on end-game. Thats thinking about future, not just leaving content to die slowly. And they actually fixed old content quests during cata. Not leave "vanilla quests are bugged all the time, no one cares at blizzard. Just move on"

Like BC content had almost zero point going back outside that one mount.. until they added either transmog or pets, whicever you prefer.

But I aint gonna really continue this since you seem to have deeply scarred hatred towards cata and thats fine. But no point going back and forth here.

IDK As much as I hated MOP. I think I had the most fun and did the most that xpac than any other. I seriously didnt need any motivation to level all my toons and grind out all dps sets and heal sets for pvp on every toon. I just did it. I remember taking my shaman out for a spin as enh for the first time... things got silly. Even sillier with my troll aff alt with CD stacking and snap shotting.

Berserking+CD+Soul Swap. I miss thee. https://youtu.be/DXjk5zJcaq4
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

I liked Cata, and would say it was a better expansion than Legion is(for their relative time periods), but I don't think I'd want to go back to it.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-03-15 at 09:02 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I do miss Garrosh from Cata a lot, he was actually a great warchief who had just some trouble to settle in with the other factions. To bad that the community screamed so hard for Garrosh to GTFO that they had to turn him into WoW's Hitler in MoP.

Best memories from Cata? Cho'Gall encounter!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Sorry. I meant 7.1.5 didnt add much of WQ-wise. 7.2. obviously adds a lot.

Also what other raid was there in 7.0 besides EN? Dont say ToV because that shit didnt come on release and its recycled carbage 3 boss raid.

I dont think you got what I mean. I liked BWL therefore Blackwing Descent is nice continuation on "BWL story" - as I said for me Nefarian was way way more intresting than Deathwing ever was in cata.
    And Twilights hammer with old god things.

I meant that those 2 dailies were nice addition. And they really had proper investment on lowbies as well in cata since whole..well, revamp? Not just focus on end-game. Thats thinking about future, not just leaving content to die slowly. And they actually fixed old content quests during cata. Not leave "vanilla quests are bugged all the time, no one cares at blizzard. Just move on"

Like BC content had almost zero point going back outside that one mount.. until they added either transmog or pets, whicever you prefer.
    Nighthold was another 7.0 raid, ToV is 7.1.

But I aint gonna really continue this since you seem to have deeply scarred hatred towards cata and thats fine. But no point going back and forth here.
    Yea whatever man, I liked cata at the beginning too and was hyped waf, but after 2-3 weeks it got very noticeable how rushed it was and that they didn't really have an ideas for endgame. Overall it wasn't too bad, but compared to Wrath or MoP or Legion it was IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I do miss Garrosh from Cata a lot, he was actually a great warchief who had just some trouble to settle in with the other factions. To bad that the community screamed so hard for Garrosh to GTFO that they had to turn him into WoW's Hitler in MoP.
    Tbf blizz actually tried to show him as a bad guy even in Cata, at least for trolls and tauren. But yeah other than that I actually liked him too...

Cata was when this game started to be shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata made literally all of my friends & guild disband and/or quit.

It basically ruined the game for a lot of us, 1 of the only good thing about it was mogging after they nerfed heroics and raids.

The beginning was amazing, truly, but then they caved. It was the first xpac I raided seriously in and I loved tot4w , bwd with elevator boss, firelands was around when my guild disbanded out of sheer boredom so I had no one to raid that with at the time.

I basically hate it because it was the xpac where everyone started leaving WoW, and no one came back for MoP lol. Really tough to find good friends & guild mates in WoW these days, so disappointing.

It was also the xpac that killed my server on alliance, Kil'Jaeden. Now that is basically horde pve server and I've moved on/

I will say have group will travel was some of the most fun I've had in wpvp.

Deleted
    Its the worst expansion, and possibly the worst Blizzard product of all time, and i am counting even Warcraft 1 here.

To say that Cataclysm was destructive, is a understatement. Nearly everything Cata introduced was a negative. And the game still suffers from some of those decisions.

They destroyed character customization and were suppose to replace it with a "better" system, that didnt make it to the final game. So Blizzard introduced the new talent "tree", where you pick abilities as if you were playing a arcade game of some sorts. They destroyed the old world and spent time and ressources on a new world that, perhaps 12 people in total have been out and quested in, everyone just queues up for dungeons to level. They were so out of ideas that they had to bring back old villains and bosses because WotLK was the end of the story that started in Reign of Chaos. They attempted to bring back "hard heroics", and it backfired tremendously because of the LFG system they put in place. Harder 5 mans are possible as Legion has demonstrated, but it has to be executed well.

Cata came out around the time vanilla D3 came out, which also had massive issues with Inferno difficulty, Jay Wilson controversies, real money AH etc. It marks as a very bad period for Blizzard as a whole. SC2 also began to lose whatever steam it had as a esports title, due to dubious balance changes and direction of the game.

Numbers wise WoW has never recovered from Cata, its the game that broke the streak of adding more subs than lost subs, its the game that began the downward spiral, that they have desperately tried to fight off.

Cata was fucking garbage and those who liked it, truly don't understand how bad of an xpac it was.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was better than anything that came after it. No doubt.

I loved most of cata but there were two big nonos for me. Revamping the old world was incredibly stupid and incredibly time consuming..It's already out dated and they destroyed all the nostalgia from the old zones and quests..for nothing. The other big thing was Deathwing being the most anti climatic POS boss ever. You just fight big red pillars with Deathwing in the nameplate on Mario party style platforms.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2017-03-16 at 02:26 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    To like a game I need two things:

Enjoyable class design/gameplay

Enjoyable dungeons. (if you exclude the raids)

Cata had both. I had fun, although I had more fun in wrath.
    Legion on them other hand is balancing on the edge. If it weren't for my guild and friends I probably would have unsubbed in December.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Enjoyable class design/gameplay
    Hah I remember the demon lock during cata... shadowflame melee caster with mass buttons to press BUT at least in DS I remember it doing so much damage - felt weird but was rewarded by high numbers

Was also last time I enjoyed playing frost DK

The old world revamp was a major disappointment and a colossal waste of time. I always looked for images of what the new Quel'thalas would look like and never saw anything.

On the other side the 80-85 zones were awesome. Flying while leveling was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    The old world revamp was a major disappointment and a colossal waste of time. I always looked for images of what the new Quel'thalas would look like and never saw anything.

On the other side the 80-85 zones were awesome. Flying while leveling was awesome!
    Why would you expect to see something they were never going to touch?

Deleted
    Cataclysm destroyed some zones forever, added linear questing and butchered Uldum. Cataclysm in my opinion has done irreparable immense damage to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Half the expansion will have flying, half of it didn't. If you think the game is ruined by flying and you're one of those that can't issue self-control, there are other mmorpg's that haven't allowed flying for longer than they didn't.
    7.2 will have flying, Argus (7.3) won't. Now maybe math isn't your strong suit, but that isn't half of the expansion.

If you think the game isn't ruined by flying and you're one of those that think all convenience = good, there are private servers for you, because no other MMO has flying to the extent WoW has had in the past, and even Blizzard themselves agree it was too unrestrictive. Literally no MMO for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    WoD had 1 fucking major content patch. Nothing will be as bad as that.
    yeah i fdont get the people who say wod is better then legion
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content