Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't like the sound of that. I even don't like the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies. Although there are lots of interesting religious metaphors it couldn't quite continue where the first one left of. The realm of reality was broken too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    A prequel trilogy, showing the fall of man would be cooler.
    PT.1 Fall of Man
    PT.2 Birth of the Matrix
    PT.3 First people escape and build Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

Matrix Reloaded is my favorite of the trilogy and Revolutions is pretty decent.
    tbh I didn't have a big problem with them either. But there are tons of objectively "not great" movies I still enjoy watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is up with all these bloody reboots...?

I understand it's all an easy return on money investment but really wish there were more original movies coming out.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I'm not a huge fan of the Matrix, but this is one of those things that should never be rebooted.

I mean, arguably nothing should, but there are some things that shouldn't IN PARTICULAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Are you kidding me? Prequels galore...
    The prequels are all about Thomas Anderson working a shitty job at an IT helpdesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

Matrix Reloaded is my favorite of the trilogy and Revolutions is pretty decent.
    The problem was they used crappy looking CGI fights....that burly brawl...urgh.

Will they retcon the last two movies?

doubt it'll be any good if they use michael b jordan.. he's a terrible actor
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

They want to reboot a movie that's not even 20 years old and was made with modern techniques? Maybe they could just try an original idea instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A reboot would be really pointless, imo. Especially if Reeves and the Wachowskis' aren't involved. It would likely only upset fans of the original films, as they are iconic.

- - - Updated - - -

They did, but Keanu is known for doing his own fighting scenes in those movies where CGI wasn't used. He did the same in both John Wick movies, and the results are awesome.
    Yeah that's why the 1st was awesome, maybe if the CGI didn't look so fake in the second and third movie it wouldn't ave been as bad. I have not seen the second John Wick yet, the first was awesome though.

I like this Mike Jordan, he could be a young Morphy in a prequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    What is up with all these bloody reboots...?

I understand it's all an easy return on money investment but really wish there were more original movies coming out.
    There are tons of original movies coming out, but you probably don't see most of them.

I'm sure a clever person or a team of clever people could come with an interesting spin on it. And at the end of the day, the last movie in the original trilogy ended with everything being reset in the Matrix, the computers still in power, and the humans still hanging out in their post-apocalyptic city. However, it's super easy to mess up. I don't really care if they reboot it or not, but I won't be interested before they have a clever idea to showcase.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-03-15 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This is going to be such a great movie - I know it, you know it, we all know it

I honestly have no idea what they could attempt to do that wasn't already covered in the previous... but that's just me

Will be another crappy one like the Ben Hur Remake. Just terrible. Its like StarWars - just leave these Movies alone!

Deleted
    A shitty Cash-Grab who would have guessed. I will never watch any of these.

The matrix is a very tragic universe where humans never win. Every time they "reset" Zion and the matrix, hundreds (thousands? millions?) of people die. Only a handful of people are hand picked to repopulate it. Humans never really win anything in that universe.

Would be a very depressing reboot, if it wasn't about them finally retaking earth. If it's a remake, fuck them in the ear with a baseball bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Awful idea.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Matrix, but this is one of those things that should never be rebooted.

I mean, arguably nothing should, but there are some things that shouldn't IN PARTICULAR.

The prequels are all about Thomas Anderson working a shitty job at an IT helpdesk.

? Didn't the movie make mention of Neo being like the 4th-6th incarnation of "the one"

http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/The_One
    During his meeting with the Architect, Neo learns a surprising truth about the Matrix. The Matrix is much older than Morpheus and the humans of Zion realize. The Architect explains that, in addition to two unstable versions of the Matrix, there have been five iterations, or cycles, of the Matrix. In each stable iteration, an incarnation of The One has appeared. Neo is the sixth One to appear in this sixth Matrix iteration.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-03-15 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Each day, more proof that Satan exists...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    There are tons of original movies coming out, but you probably don't see most of them.

I'm sure a clever person or a team of clever people could come with an interesting spin on it. And at the end of the day, the last movie in the original trilogy ended with everything being reset in the Matrix, the computers still in power, and the humans still hanging out in their post-apocalyptic city. However, it's super easy to mess up. I don't really care if they reboot it or not, but I won't be interested before they have a clever idea to showcase.
    My boyfriend works for the academy, trust me when I say I see a lot of them even if I don't want to -_-.

I meant original as in not the typical Oscars bait, especially as far as sci-fi or fantasy flicks go. A lot of the movies getting remakes and such fall in the latter two categories.

As far as the Matrix goes I feel like the offered a good conclusion to it. If I recall the machines agreed to let humans who wanted to willingly leave the Matrix to return to their human cities, so in a way it was a compromise for peace.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)