Sephuz- New Fury BIS 7.2?

ephuz’s Secret
    Now always grants 10% increased movement speed and 3% Haste.
    When triggered, this bonus is increased to the current values of 70% movement speed and 25% Haste.
    Movement speed bonuses now stack with other movement speed bonuses

How can that not be amazing?

It's already effectively BiS for Mythic+, but unless Crit ends up far more valuable in 7.2 the 1928 Crit Rating on Sephuz is going to keep it situational for raids.

For my stat weights Crit is worth roughly half that of Mastery/Haste, so adding 3% Haste to Sephuz only brings it roughly even with Prydaz in terms of stats. So on any fights where I can't proc Sephuz I'd be better off with Prydaz/actual throughput legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post

ephuz’s Secret
    Now always grants 10% increased movement speed and 3% Haste.
    When triggered, this bonus is increased to the current values of 70% movement speed and 25% Haste.
    Movement speed bonuses now stack with other movement speed bonuses

How can that not be amazing?
    Because Fury cares about more than raw Haste, and Sephuz isn't very good to begin with when unprocced.

All they did was make the item have a little bit of proc when you don't proc it so it's useful. The proc is the same as it is now, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    All they did was make the item have a little bit of proc when you don't proc it so it's useful. The proc is the same as it is now, isn't it?
    Yes, and when it procs the bonuses increase to their greater amount. You don't get the base amount and proc amount on top of one another.

In other words; you have 10% movespeed/3% haste base, and when it procs you gain 60% movespeed/22% haste, to go up to 70% movespeed/25% haste, not 80% movespeed/28% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yes, and when it procs the bonuses increase to their greater amount. You don't get the base amount and proc amount on top of one another.

In other words; you have 10% movespeed/3% haste base, and when it procs you gain 60% movespeed/22% haste, to go up to 70% movespeed/25% haste, not 80% movespeed/28% haste.
    Yeah so it's basically exactly the same. The only difference is that if you don't get to proc the ring during a fight then it's still a slight bonus on top of the 940 item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah so it's basically exactly the same. The only difference is that if you don't get to proc the ring during a fight then it's still a slight bonus on top of the 940 item level.
    Exactly, and while 3% haste is nice, it's not enough to outweigh the massive amount of crit on the ring. If it's one of your only legendaries, use it and enjoy the bonus, but if you can't reliably proc it and have other options, they're probably better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Exactly, and while 3% haste is nice, it's not enough to outweigh the massive amount of crit on the ring. If it's one of your only legendaries, use it and enjoy the bonus, but if you can't reliably proc it and have other options, they're probably better.
    Do you just believe this to be the case or did you actually sim it? The secondary stat budget of a permanent 3% buff to haste is considerable. Even under under the assumption that Fury cares about more than haste (I assume you refer to Mastery), this budget gives you the freedom to switch other slots.

The new artifact trait that give us 4+ rage on crit with Raging Blow is not enough to increase the value of crit a little bit?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

See... I dont have the ring, so I have a wonder. Is it a flat 3% increase, or an increase of 3% on what you have?

Keep in mind, I'm in town and dknt remember, but for purpose sake, we'll say 100 haste is 1%. I have 3000 haste, for 30% haste. Does the ring count as 300 haste, and bring me to 33% haste, or would it increase my haste by 3% to 3090, and leave me at 30.9%? And equivalent 25% boosts, of course, for 55% or 3750 rating for 37.5%.

A lot of the changes are interesting. I noticed the War/Pal/DK Legendaries; they added Crit to all of them too. GG this does fuck all for warriors lol.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2017-03-15 at 10:06 PM.

The 3% haste will be a static value, so in your example, 300 haste. Much like blood lust is a flat 30% haste, this will simply be the equivalent of 3% haste on your stat values.

I can't imagine this isn't a big deal. Keep in mind we will not have 4p t19 and cof for the rest of the expansion, and these items drastically inoact enrage/bc uptime, thus the mastery spikes. I'm under the assumption that t20 will once again bring haste back to the king position.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu2881 View Post
    Do you just believe this to be the case or did you actually sim it? The secondary stat budget of a permanent 3% buff to haste is considerable. Even under under the assumption that Fury cares about more than haste (I assume you refer to Mastery), this budget gives you the freedom to switch other slots.
    lol, what do you think?

3% is the equivalent to 1126 haste. It may look enticing, but people like to forget that:
    1. Fury doesn't just want haste.
    2. The item still has a shit ton of crit.
    3. There are highly competitive rings available.

It's still one of the worst legendaries for Warriors (unprocced) of any spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsu2881 View Post
    Sephuz's has 2200'ish crit, which greatly counterbalances that 3% haste. A good ring will give far more than that. For example, my 910 Seal gives 5.76% haste.

So you're using it for the proc. All this change does is make it so that when you can't proc the ring, or between procs, it isn't just a stat stick.

While personally I want haste more than mastery now for ST, up until a piece or two ago I was simming mastery higher. You don't just want haste as fury, especially not once you get a certain amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Sephuz's has 2200'ish crit, which greatly counterbalances that 3% haste. A good ring will give far more than that. For example, my 910 Seal gives 5.76% haste.

So you're using it for the proc. All this change does is make it so that when you can't proc the ring, or between procs, it isn't just a stat stick.

While personally I want haste more than mastery now for ST, up until a piece or two ago I was simming mastery higher. You don't just want haste as fury, especially not once you get a certain amount.
    Well it is still just a stat stick, but it's a slightly better stat stick when it's unprocced.

• If you're using Sephuz the way it's intended - on encounters wherein you can reliably proc the effect, it's a straight buff.
    • If you're expecting 3% haste to make Sephuz the new BiS regardless of whether it's procced or not, you'll be sorely mistaken.

The comments regarding "you don't want just haste" are short sited and dismissive of actual impact of this change. You are completely disregarding the fact that you still want a ton of haste, and given that you can now effectively have 2300 haste on one piece of gear drastically impacts the need for other haste heavy pieces of gear, opening up room for mastery heavy pieces. Also, this really only matters on a legendary to legendary comparison. This change brings up sephuz passive value a ton, bringing it much more in line with prydaz and cloak.

The comments regarding "you don't want just haste" are short sited and dismissive of actual impact of this change. You are completely disregarding the fact that you still want a ton of haste, and given that you can now effectively have 2300 haste on one piece of gear drastically impacts the need for other haste heavy pieces of gear, opening up room for mastery heavy pieces. Also, this really only matters on a legendary to legendary comparison. This change brings up sephuz passive value a ton, bringing it much more in line with prydaz and cloak.
    You have to look at opportunity costs on items, though. Of course fury wants haste, but as has been stated, that's not the only thing. Sephuz is a crit/haste ring with a crit majority. That means even with the 3% bonus, you still have a stat stick with 2600 crit on it. Since it is a legendary, that means you are giving up a potential other item that is better optimized and gives more throughput. Whereas the ring slot can be easily replaced with something that is well optimized that you get not only haste from, but a better stat or effect (Melandrus/collapsing) as well.

Crit is not valueless, and it's only going to go up with our new traits. You literally are making my point. The opportunity cost for sephuz is extremely low with its new base haste of 2300.

Not really. That'd only be true if there were a hard cap for Haste, a minimum cap for Mastery, or a lack of competitive Haste/Mastery pieces of gear. None of those things are true in Nighthold, and none currently look to be true in Tomb (with what information we have thus far).

As has been pointed out, it comes at the cost of picking up a lot of crit, which you don't want. While you're correct in clarifying that crit isn't quite "worthless", you ignore the sentiment, which is that crit is still notably worth less than other stats for Fury, and neither Pulse of Battle nor Tier 20 appreciably change that (thanks, Battle Cry).

If there were an opportunity cost - ie: you had to choose between having a lot of haste or a lot of mastery, then your assessment might have merit, but there isn't. While the change makes unprocced-Sephuz better than before when compared to a non-legendary ring, it is still worth less than other better itemized legendaries (which is what it's actually competing with), including Ceann, Kazzalax, Ayala, Rethu, Aggramar, and Prydaz. With current gearing, it's about as good as Mannoroth, better than Naj'entus (on single target), Stratagem (due to current gearing requiring worse tier itemization), and Kil'jaeden (due to current itemization). Funny enough, Sephuz actually gets better the more haste you have on gear, since it's actually a multiplicative effect, rather than an additive one.

Keep in mind this conversation only pertains to unprocced-Sephuz. The strength of its proc remains unchanged from 7.1.5, and can still be very strong depending on use.