Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you dont have shoulders,the boots and waist are pretty good for single target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    If you had all BM legendaries.. Only shoulders/Belt/KJ and Pydraz would see use.. that's a problem.. i do hope they take a look at more then just roots/voodoo mask..

The wrists (due to survival spec no one wanted) and ring got nerfed so badly they now provide less dps the pydraz
    Well for example in Elisande fight, Sephuz is pretty awesome. You can keep it on almost all the time with interrupting the blue add and boss.

Just checked the legendary changes, thank you blizzard i really needed that crit on the helm so i can replace the BM shoulders wich are so op. Just kidding LOL i deleted the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Just checked the legendary changes, thank you blizzard i really needed that crit on the helm so i can replace the BM shoulders wich are so op. Just kidding LOL i deleted the helm.
    If the difference between utility and non-utility legendaries wasn't as big anymore, I would mostly prefer using utility (speak: healing) legendaries for progress, since it helps quite a bit in staying alive.
    I am wearing Prydaz and Apex ring atm, since they are the highest dps legendaries I got so far, but I kinda miss being able to heal myself for 20%+ HP every 30 sec with the Mask. On some fights it might be better to just switch back to Mask from Ring, since the dps difference is not that big.
    Since Mask is getting the PTR buffs, it will overtake the Ring in dps even + grant utility.

Ofc Ring might be an extreme example, since in it's current state it is on the low end of our "dps" legendaries (even behind Prydaz), but I think you get the idea.
    Last edited by andreasels; 2017-03-15 at 06:54 AM.

This first round of adjustments is not comprehensive - in fact, we’ve already made some additional changes since this build was put together, and we expect tuning to continue as part of an ongoing process. Still, we’d greatly appreciate your feedback on these changes, as well as on any other Legendaries that are still in need of tuning.

I doubt they'll do a whole lot more, but theres still a possibility for reworks/nerfs yet

I might change KJ trinket for the helm if I won't get the belt till 7.2. the heal on use is so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I got rank one on mythic anomoaly as bm without the shoulders, and kept it for a full week.
    Shoulders are strong, but they do not make or break the spec.

Its not "oh my damage is so low, if only I had these I would be good" ; if your bad without chances are you will be bad with.
    However, if you are good without the shoulders, you are definitely better with the shoulders.

Got the helm from weekly cache this morning, won't wear it now or post 7.2

If you had all BM legendaries.. Only shoulders/Belt/KJ and Pydraz would see use.. that's a problem.. i do hope they take a look at more then just roots/voodoo mask..

The wrists (due to survival spec no one wanted) and ring got nerfed so badly they now provide less dps the pydraz
    I have all BM legendaries except helm and trinket and I use 6 different set ups.

ST fights : boots and shoulders
    aoe fights : belt and shoulders
    Fights where I May need turtle more often : bracers with cof and shoulders
    Heavy pet movement fights : ring and shoulders
    Fights where you can get bursted down : neck and shoulders or pants if it's really insane
    Solo old raids : ring and pants or shoulders and pants

You dont have good imagination if you would only use 3 of them.

But yeah shoulders are better than all other legen. That said we are a dumb community for thinking about nerfing our legendaries.

Deleted
    Sorry what? old raids lol

Shoulders + belt
    Shoulders + neck

Thats all u need and should be using anything else is gimping yourself

No. BM legendarys should NOT be nerfed! BM is the lowest simming hunter spec already. BM Legendarys should be BUFFED to be near as strong as the shoulders and belt.

Sorry what? old raids lol

Shoulders + belt
    Shoulders + neck

Thats all u need and should be using anything else is gimping yourself
    I only got neck a couple days ago.

I have not had a chance to test it yet.

And by old raids I am talking stuff like mythic wod and current mythic dungeons. I should have written challenging solos instead.

Also boots are better than belt imo for pure single target

Prydaz needs more stats so I can use it for the entire expansion .

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    That said we are a dumb community for thinking about nerfing our legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    No. BM legendarys should NOT be nerfed! BM is the lowest simming hunter spec already. BM Legendarys should be BUFFED to be near as strong as the shoulders and belt.
    Nobody is saying the class or BM spec should be nerfed. If that is what you get out of the discussion I seriously question your reading comprehension.

The problem is as follow, when you have 1 legendary that far outshines the 5-10 others that we have; would it be smarter to:
    a) Buff all the other legendaries to be up to par with the 1 that is too strong.
    or
    b) Nerf the stronger legendary, and rebalance the class with that specific nerf in mind.

I tend to prefer B for a few reasons.
    1) Buffing several legendaries comes with a plethora of possible bugs and a lot of chances they will overshoot or undershoot their target.
    2) The whole concept of legendaries is extremely crooked to begin with. I (and many others) think that legendaries in legion are quite a big miss on blizzards end. The concept isn't bad, but the implementation is. If we buff a class through their legendaries, the gap between people with the right legendaries and without becomes even bigger. If anything the impact of legendaries needs to be reduced.

Someone mentioned that a good idea would be to make the shoulder effect baseline for Beastmaster.
    Normally I'm very dismissive of players calling out for legendary effects / talents / etc to become baseline, because everyone wants to be able to do everything; but this suggestion wasn't a bad one in my eyes.
    Beastmaster in Legion has had such a massive change to it's core functionality that we've in essence been set back several expansions; the class needs a whole lot of itteration for it to once again feel like a solid spec, the same goes for MM and SV for that matter.
    The shoulders feel like they add something to the spec that makes it feel a lot more smooth and it makes a lot of sense; suddenly the mastery doesn't feel like a shitty addition when it procs 1 second before DB comes off cooldown, suddenly you can shift your priority to be a lot more flexible depending on the situation, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Nobody is saying the class or BM spec should be nerfed. If that is what you get out of the discussion I seriously question your reading comprehension.

The problem is as follow, when you have 1 legendary that far outshines the 5-10 others that we have; would it be smarter to:
    a) Buff all the other legendaries to be up to par with the 1 that is too strong.
    or
    b) Nerf the stronger legendary, and rebalance the class with that specific nerf in mind.

I tend to prefer B for a few reasons.
    Except you're just living in some dream world where any of that is gonna happen. What is gonna happen instead is this :

Posted by Lore
    Yep, this is the important point to remember: if a legendary just sucks, then that's the problem we need to fix. Similarly, if your spec sucks without a particular legendary, then that legendary also needs to be fixed to not be so impactful.
    They will simply nerf the shoulders into oblivion without fixing the spec.

Also boots are better than belt imo for pure single target
    Agreed, as much as I would like the belt I don't feel its much of a single target upgrade (if any) over the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Seems to me the mantle and belt legendaries for BM are quite a bit better than the other options. For the sake of balance do you think they should be nerfed to be a bit more in line with the rest? I just don't see why someone who is lucky enough to get both of them should have such a huge advantage over the have nots. Especially since it is a very real possibility that you may not ever get either one.
    Never has a more incorrect or stupid question ever been asked in human history. What absolutely needs to happen, at minimum, is a reversal of all the nerfs Blizzard's made to BM legendaries thus far, and for Mantle of Command to give a 3rd charge of Dire Beast, while 2 charges need to be made baseline.

But Blizz would never do that. It's not like we're Mages or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Mantle of Command to give a 3rd charge of Dire Beast, while 2 charges need to be made baseline.
    This would essentially make the shoulders useless. The big advantage of having 2 charges instead of one is not to waste resets of db. Havibg 3 does basicly nothing for dps except a tiny bit on opener or for m+ where you might get it more often to 3 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    This would essentially make the shoulders useless. The big advantage of having 2 charges instead of one is not to waste resets of db. Havibg 3 does basicly nothing for dps except a tiny bit on opener or for m+ where you might get it more often to 3 stacks.
    Which frankly what legendaries should have been about from the start. Solid stat sticks with a minor bonus for utility / flavor or something like described by Skeppio.
    I agree that a 3rd stack of DB would be grossly underwhelming, but I think it's better than the thing we have currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you're just living in some dream world where any of that is gonna happen. What is gonna happen instead is this :

They will simply nerf the shoulders into oblivion without fixing the spec.
    At no point am I claiming that what I stated is going to happen. It's just an option that I think would be a real good scenario for BM hunters.

Fixing the shoulders not to be to impactful is a really easy thing to do. Just change the equip bonus. Done.
    And since BM is quite far behind on pretty much all counts, they might as well make that bonus baseline. Nearly everyone who plays BM agrees that it's a major improvement to the fluidity, quality of life and gameplay of the spec.

Knowing blizzard they are to proud to change a legendary as drastically as completely overhauling a bonus equip. So I know this isn't going to happen. They'll either tweak it or reduce the stats to bring it more in line or whatever. Current dev team is too prideful and at the same time too scared to take chances.
    That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the shoulder bonus will be made baseline in the next expansion.

29:15 in the Q&A https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129089429?t=29m15s

Glad it was all just an experiment. Fun is over, cats out of the bag, time to do something about it. It is one of the most grossly unbalanced legendaries out there. fix it.