Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by defnotalizardperson View Post
    I can't post links with no post count, but these people have found sources for no immediate release:
    Can repost the stuff here for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753227153

Q: Raid testing already? Only a handful of guilds have even finished Mythic Nighthold! Are you out of your damn minds?

A: We realize this is coming right on the heels of plenty of raid content on the live servers, and that competitive guilds feel like they need to get every bit of exposure to upcoming content in order to be properly prepared. It's not ideal timing, but it's a consequence of the way we're structuring our content releases, and something we're looking for ways to improve and continue to refine over the course of Legion. As we've said in the past, Tomb of Sargeras will not be available right when 7.2 unlocks, and a quest arc (akin to the 7.1 Suramar Insurrection campaign) will lead up to its opening. We certainly do not want to rush players through content faster than they can enjoy it - Nighthold is going to be the premiere raid for some time to come.

But Tomb of Sargeras, at least as far as art assets, and most descriptive text, voice overs, and so forth goes, needs to be in patch 7.2 data. That means we need to begin testing it far earlier, relative to the date when the raid will actually go live, than we have in past expansions.
    Also:
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...01867174981634
    Q: @WarcraftDevs yeah but how "soon" is 7.2 I'm hearing so many rumors flying around and with AOTC on the line it matters a LOT.
    A: The availability of Ahead Of The Curve achievements is tied to raid release, not patch release.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Small correction, it's FF14, but you're probably spot on about the rest. June 20th.
    Also, TESO: Morrowind on June 6th. So we have our dates for 7.2.5 and normal/heroic Tomb, people ;P.

7.2 being on the back ground downloader means it'll be out within the next 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    For the patch: I'd say around VERY EARLY april (As in, the 1st, through 3rd).

And For the raid (Which will likely be 2 weeks after 7.2), i'd say around April 14th-15th.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, this should be the time as to where we're supposed to get our Patch Trailer cinematic, yes?
    You must be new. Why would they release a patch on A WEEKEND? Why on Earth would they release a raid on a Thursday or Friday?

If you're going to take a guess, at least make it an educated guess. Patches are released with maintenance, not just some willy nilly days pulled from a hat.

TOS won't be out for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    You must be new. Why would they release a patch on A WEEKEND? Why on Earth would they release a raid on a Thursday or Friday?

If you're going to take a guess, at least make it an educated guess. Patches are released with maintenance, not just some willy nilly days pulled from a hat.

TOS won't be out for a long time.
    I'm not new, i'll tell you that much. *Looks at his post count*

Hmmm. Almost at 3.5k already.

Either way, I really don't care about the release date. All I want are these 2 things:

1. Cinematics

2. Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Your PATCH release date MAY be correct, but the raid will definitely NOT come before late june. Personally, I'd prefer the Raid to open in September (after summer vacation with 7.2.5, which also is exactly 1 year after expansion release) with a ToV-like Raid in June/July (patched in as 7.2.3 for example). Remember, if the Raid comes too soon, we'll be seeing a 10+month last tier AGAIN!

9 months would be *way* too long for Nighthold. June or July feels perfect for it IMO. If anything, I want another ToV style raid between ToS and the last raid tier. I know they have said where we are going in patch 7.3 isn't diverse enough for an entire expansion, but I think it'd be a shame to relegate it to 1 raid or 1 raid and 1 dungeon. I'd like to see a small, 3-5 boss raid before the main tier 21 raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    7.2 being on the back ground downloader means it'll be out within the next 2-3 weeks.
    Exactly. This means all the main content is in there and now they are down to the last couple of tuning passes. It'll be either the 28th or the 4th unless a major bug is found between now and then.

Okay, so are we just not going to talk about the old-world mobs scaling to max level ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Okay, so are we just not going to talk about the old-world mobs scaling to max level ?
    >.> What is there to even say about it? It's for an in game event. That's it.

the patch should hit sometime in april, with the Raid hitting in late june or july

I can't post links with no post count, but these people have found sources for no immediate release:

I haven't seen sources giving an actual month or date, though. I think May/June is just a popular guess right now.
    dude no one is saying june, that is completely stupid

I find it funny that they want a ranking of affix difficulties at Mythic +5 when slightly less than half of the affixes would even be encountered then. Slightly less than half because there are the two at rank 10. How exactly are we supposed to rank the M+7 affixes at M+5? It really shows a lack of understanding on the part of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachdavis View Post
    the patch should hit sometime in april, with the Raid hitting in late june or july
    Patch in April would be a bit strange considering it's on the background downloader now. 29th of March would seem like the latest it would be unless something went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Patch in April would be a bit strange considering it's on the background downloader now. 29th of March would seem like the latest it would be unless something went wrong.
    hell there is still the slight possability it could come on the 21st, allthough it is looking unlikley, we will know by tomorow cause tyomorow will be the lastest (in comparison when it launched) to a patch they have announced, so its unlikley

but if its not this upcoming tuesday its the 29th for sure, i still see people saying june or may and its like... uh what?

hell there is still the slight possability it could come on the 21st, allthough it is looking unlikley, we will know by tomorow cause tyomorow will be the lastest (in comparison when it launched) to a patch they have announced, so its unlikley

but if its not this upcoming tuesday its the 29th for sure, i still see people saying june or may and its like... uh what?
    Yeah 100%, 21st would be nice but yeah we'd need to get notice soon. Any later than the 29th and I really believe something would have gone wrong. 3 weeks after starting the background download would just seem too long.

This is the post that Cæli was asking for sources on:

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Raid's not releasing with the patch, probably won't until may/june
    And I'll just leave this here:

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Your PATCH release date MAY be correct, but the raid will definitely NOT come before late june. Personally, I'd prefer the Raid to open in September (after summer vacation with 7.2.5, which also is exactly 1 year after expansion release) with a ToV-like Raid in June/July (patched in as 7.2.3 for example). Remember, if the Raid comes too soon, we'll be seeing a 10+month last tier AGAIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    9 months would be *way* too long for Nighthold. June or July feels perfect for it IMO. If anything, I want another ToV style raid between ToS and the last raid tier. I know they have said where we are going in patch 7.3 isn't diverse enough for an entire expansion, but I think it'd be a shame to relegate it to 1 raid or 1 raid and 1 dungeon. I'd like to see a small, 3-5 boss raid before the main tier 21 raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This means all the main content is in there and now they are down to the last couple of tuning passes. It'll be either the 28th or the 4th unless a major bug is found between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachdavis View Post

If you had bothered to CTRL+F "June" in this exact thread, including the post I was replying to, you would find 4 different people saying that.

Well, there IS a Q&A tomorrow. Which is suspiciously close to the last Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, there IS a Q&A tomorrow. Which is suspiciously close to the last Q&A
    I just realized this guy hasn't been reading the thread at all, and thinks people are saying 7.2 will release in June.

I just realized this guy hasn't been reading the thread at all, and thinks people are saying 7.2 will release in June.
    im not saying a majority of people, but there are people who think may/june 1 second let me get a qoute.
    OMFG YOU ARE LITERALLY THE ONE WHO SAID JUNE

I haven't seen sources giving an actual month or date, though. I think May/June is just a popular guess right now.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah 100%, 21st would be nice but yeah we'd need to get notice soon. Any later than the 29th and I really believe something would have gone wrong. 3 weeks after starting the background download would just seem too long.
    as said below, the Q&A tomorow is very close to last weeks Q&A they usually have a few weeks inbetween

im not saying a majority of people, but there are people who think may/june 1 second let me get a qoute.
    OMFG YOU ARE LITERALLY THE ONE WHO SAID JUNE

- - - Updated - - -

as said below, the Q&A tomorow is very close to last weeks Q&A they usually have a few weeks inbetween
    May/June is talking about the raid, not the patch