Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any reason to do Suramar before 7.2?

I recently switched mains and I was eyeing Suramar for a lot of easy AP, but is there any advantage of not waiting until I'm at AK50 and then really cashing in on the main Suramar quest along with the Insurrection chain? I guess I'm asking is there any sort of Suramar requirement in the upcoming patch?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I recently switched mains and I was eyeing Suramar for a lot of easy AP, but is there any advantage of not waiting until I'm at AK50 and then really cashing in on the main Suramar quest along with the Insurrection chain? I guess I'm asking is there any sort of Suramar requirement in the upcoming patch?

Thanks in advance!
    That depends. Can you wait 4.09 months (125 days) to hit AK50 figuring each will have 5 days research time. If you can then why not? Granted I don't think it will be a big dent, but each their own. Though I know the one you get for the end by killing Gul'dan gives 750k @ 25.

If it's for your main I'd say just go ahead and do them, especially to hit 34 traits for the unlock. For your alts it's easier since most will be lazy and won't do them for awhile, but for the main might as well. Especially since you can use that time later to farm more AP.

Have you got the fox mount? If not this can give you another shot at it

If you wait until AK50 you'll already have most of the useful stuff. The full quest line in Suramar with AK25 takes you from 0 to 35 at least. Waiting to 50 would mean another 125 days without doing the story there. In that time you'll undoubtedly have the 51 points to fill out the entire tree minus the concordance of the legionfall endless trait. If you won't be 54 in the next month there's honestly no reason to not do suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Have you got the fox mount? If not this can give you another shot at it
    Except you don't need to do anything in Suramar for the fox mount. My freshly dinged Hunter got the mission for it a couple days after hitting 110. After it hit 110 I didn't do anything with it except for mission table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you don't need to do anything in Suramar for the fox mount. My freshly dinged Hunter got the mission for it a couple days after hitting 110. After it hit 110 I didn't do anything with it except for mission table.
    It's possible to get the fox mount without doing Suramar, but those who manage it (like yourself) got lucky. Much greater chance of getting it if you do the Suramar quests too.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And? he said it would give him another shot. Which it would. and the highest % chance to get said item is through Suramar activities.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    It's possible to get the fox mount without doing Suramar, but those who manage it (like yourself) got lucky. Much greater chance of getting it if you do the Suramar quests too.
    Ah, out of the tons of people I know only got it from the missions and not anything to do with Suramar (unless it was from the emissary)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    And? he said it would give him another shot. Which it would. and the highest % chance to get said item is through Suramar activities.
    As I said above, the only time I heard or seen anyone get it from Suramar was from opening the emissary chest.

As I said above, the only time I heard or seen anyone get it from Suramar was from opening the emissary chest.
    yeah i was under the impression the nightborne emissary box was the only way to get the quest that gives you the mission.. though now knowing it can pop up on my board at any time and hasn't is just doubling my lack of fox related sadness

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    literally the only people I know that have it got it from Suramar grinding/withered training and I got it from a Suramar Chest.

Both of us are Anecdotal I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    literally the only people I know that have it got it from Suramar grinding/withered training and I got it from a Suramar Chest.

Both of us are Anecdotal I guess.
    Same for me. Got my first invitation from the Withered Scenario, and the 2nd from Suramar Emissary chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I guess I'm asking is there any sort of Suramar requirement in the upcoming patch?
    Only if you... like...you know, want to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Only if you... like...you know, want to fly.
    not unlocked once you've done it on your main though? I imagine the question is related to alts

If you're subbed and want to do it, just do it. Going past artifact level 34 is just grind for grind's sake IMO.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

You get 4 times as much ap with ak26. The patch is probably coming on april 4th, so if you want to wait 3 weeks it will be worth around 15 million ap more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    not unlocked once you've done it on your main though? I imagine the question is related to alts
    I switched mains, my main didn't complete suramar. We have tons and tons of time, so i'm working my new main slowly through (rep is the easy part).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my druid by dungeon spam when they raised the exp, I plan to go back and do all the zones + suramar once I get AK 40+
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I leveled my druid by dungeon spam when they raised the exp, I plan to go back and do all the zones + suramar once I get AK 40+
    I have all of my alts except shaman to do this on (10 x lvl 110)

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    I have all of my alts except shaman to do this on (10 x lvl 110)
    With how high the paragon traits will go, it's going to be well worth the wait for max AK!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.